Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

XBOX one vs PS4

Anyone looked into this yet?

Comments

• XBOX one will make you pay to use pre-owned games (and you still have to pay to play online).
    PS4 has been developed with games software developers.

Tough choice...
  • EastStand said:

XBOX one will make you pay* to use pre-owned games (and you still have to pay to play online).
    PS4 has been developed with games software developers.

Tough choice...

apparently thats* still under discussion

http://www.mcvuk.com/news/read/xbox-one-will-not-always-on-but-will-have-pre-owned-fee/0115911
  • have an xbox 360, simply because they were pretty similar anyway and the xbox was cheaper. Might make the same decision simply based on price. Not really a fanboy of either, although i really like the xbox controller.
  • Ps4 may also be like this with a one use code like pc games to stop pre owned sales, I don't think they have said either way either. Ps4 won't be as next gen as the xbox Imo, the reveal had them talking to the xbox n it recognising movement etc. Whereas ps4 are relying on people preferring to play games the old fashioned way with a controller. Social media on the ps4 whilst gaming is a big thing with the share button, but it's a very games orientated machine, the xbox looks like it's leaning towards being an all in one device with Skype, tv, Internet and gaming all getting a share of the interest
  • ps4 for me, personally I only purchase to play games... PC already does the rest
  • I love the Xbox 360 and thought it was a given that I would be getting an Xbox One. However, while the lack of backwards compatibility doesn't really bother me, the fact that you have to be connected to the internet regularly (at least every 24 hours) does bother me. This won't bother a lot of people, but it is something that I really don't like; if the internet goes down for a couple of days, a games console should not be unusable.
  • Xbox seems to be becoming a media centre as much as anything.

I just want to play games so ill probably plump for the ps4 as i prefer my ps3 to my xbox360.

No backwards compatibility is a bollovk-dropping of the highest order and certainly something they should reconsider
  • I suspect that I'll change my mind in time, but I can't, personally, see the need to upgrade from the PS3.

It does all the media stuff that I would want it to do, and it also has games that I can't fault.

To be fair, I'm hardly a hard core gamer, but I think I'll be tempted to stick with what I have until either it breaks or the PS4 (or xBox) starts to be discounted - a lot!
  • edited May 2013
    I don't use my 360 anywhere near as much as I used to but was looking forward to seeing what the One might offer.

Nothing on there that interests me in the slightest and will be sticking to my 360 for a while yet. No backwards compatability has ensured that.

I know the vast majority of people do have the internet but I really don't like that you need to be connected to it at some point every 24hrs. I'm not even sure why I don't like that but I just don't :)

If Sony get it right with their new console it has the potential to blow the One out of the water. Will be interesting to see what they come up with, I expect lots of 360 owners to hold on buying a One and seeing Sony's specs/rules for online.
  • Sponsored links:

• Will they do a premium edition like they did with the ps3 where it is backwards compatible but you pay an extra 100 notes?

I'm not that fussed tbh il just keep the ps3 around for a year or so if I really want to go back to gta 4, fifa 13, gran turismo 5 and skyrim, but chances are il be too busy playing fifa 14, gta5, gt6 etc anyway
  • Bought an XBOX 360 with Kinect after my PS3 died and it was a big mistake because I probably used it for about a month and now it sits in the cupboard.

To be honest, Sont have always had better games on their console and I just love playing Uncharted games + The Last of Us looks brilliant.

I'll probably be getting the PS4, cant stand Microsoft and their money focused ways.
  • It's the same as always, whichever your friends have is the better one.
  • I will be purchasing a PS4, I have nothing against the Xbox platform, but I have owned a PSX, PS2, PS3 and feel comfortable with the format and enjoy the exclusive titles. I use my PS3 to primarily play Games, with DVDs and downloaded movies being the only other function I use it for.

From what I have read about the XBOX One, though I will reserve judgement until more and clearer information has been released, if I was unsure as to which console I wanted to buy it currently would not make me want to go out and purchase one. This article was particularly off putting as well:
    http://uk.ign.com/articles/2013/05/22/xbox-one-what-we-do-and-dont-know

• I think they're both going to be cack and a total rip-off.

I'll probably buy both.
  • Have Release dates and prices been announced yet?
  • That IGN article is very off putting. I think it just sounds typically microsoft to me. Over complicated.
  • Neither for me. Currently own a PS3 but only really use it for Netflicks. All my gaming is done on a PC. Far superior and you can constantly upgrade parts as needed, rather than replace the whole system..................
  • only just got netflix, sky cancelled next day
  • Xbox from day 1.
  • Sponsored links:

• It's the same as always, whichever your friends have is the better one.

Yeah I'll probably wait to see what my mates get. No point having a console if the only people you play are strangers from Korea and America.

• PS4 announced tonight. 100% getting it, FIFA 14 here we come.
  • robroy said:

PS4 announced tonight. 100% getting it, FIFA 14 here we come.

PS4's been announced for about a month now

• We do the PR for PS, I wouldn't bother with either.
  • Xbox One press conference on now at E3.
  • Xbox ONE - but that's just because all my mates play on it online. I rarely use my Xbox 360 but do enjoy the FIFA sessions before we get on the lash!
  • Microsoft has announced the launch date and price for its new Xbox One.

The new console will go on sale in November this year, with an recommended retail price of £429 in the UK, $499 in the US and 499 euros.
  • Get a PC instead
  • These companies never learn do they? £429 is clearly way to much for a console especially as the whole world is still in a recession. Ok, a few will still buy them at any price but Microsoft and Sony should look at previous launch prices and see how many they dIdnt sell due to overpricing
  • cafc999 said:

These companies never learn do they? £429 is clearly way to much for a console especially as the whole world is still in a recession. Ok, a few will still buy them at any price but Microsoft and Sony should look at previous launch prices and see how many they dIdnt sell due to overpricing

They'll probably sell out before Christmas and bring the price down in the Spring, either directly or via some game package deal. That is the best way to release something like this for maximum revenue.

As much as you, personally, don't like it there will be 'fan boys' that would have bought it at 50% more so recession or not it will sell.

So will the PS3.