Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

+++THE BUMPER 2012/13 CHARLTON LIFE STATBANK - YOUR COMPLETE GUIDE TO CHARLTON STATS+++

O' YAY, O' YAY,
The Statbank is here, TODAY

It has taken far longer than it should of done but the 2012/13 Statbank is now ready for download.

Bigger than ever, the 17-page FREE PDF contains a whole host of Charlton and Championship statistics.

As this is largely rushed together in lunch breaks and late nights, the pedants will be delighted to know there will undoubtedly be dozens of mistakes.

As said in previous years, a hell of a lot of work goes into this and it can be frustrating if talk gets dominated by 'away followings'. There has been a separate thread for that in the last week, so please use that one for that subject.

Thanks
AFKA

PS. If for some reason you cannot download PDFs, email admin@charltonlife.com and we'll happily mail you a copy

See you next season

Other Link https://us.v-cdn.net/5000498/uploads/FileUpload/c5/0dcbac175da7d48e7fef98baaa0345.pdf

Comments

• edited May 2013
    Andy Hughes, play of the year. #robbed

Thanks to everyone in putting this together season after season, and it just keeps growing bigger and better. :-)
  • Great stats - many thanks for taking the time.
  • Good stats chaps. Love the abbreviation for Arsenal.
  • Really enjoyed reading that - thanks so much for all your ongoing efforts.
  • Very good.

*doffs cap
  • Brilliant stats, gentlemen - thanks for all your hard work. One thing struck me in particular: the similarity of figures for possession, shots, corners and fouls over the last four seasons. For example, our average possession last season was 50.07%, and not much more (52.22%) when we romped away with Div One. Onwards and upwards...!
  • I love this, can't imagine the working took well done all
    Lets hope play better against forest next year!
  • Thanks, great stuff!
  • I am a boring accountant even I am scared by this. Need some graphs! Seriously well done.
  • Brilliant stats, gentlemen - thanks for all your hard work. One thing struck me in particular: the similarity of figures for possession, shots, corners and fouls over the last four seasons. For example, our average possession last season was 50.07%, and not much more (52.22%) when we romped away with Div One. Onwards and upwards...!

Agreed. Also the split of divisional home wins, away wins and draws is always similarly close
  • Sponsored links:

• cheers ... good stuff
  • Andy Hughes with the highest rating whilst never being in the top 3... he brings out the best in the team! Great Stats, Thanks.
  • Sheffield Wednesday remain MASSIVE
    Chris Powell remains a LEGEND

Fantastic , thank you guys for doing this.
  • Sheffield Wednesday remain MASSIVE
    Chris Powell remains a LEGEND

Fantastic , thank you guys for doing this.

I'm impressed MiA you made it to the last page, so thank you !!

• Excellent work, well done all but especially Lancashire Lad who does such a bonza job all season. A few observations:
    - Solly's win was thoroughly deserved and underpins why it was right that he also got the club's POTY award.
    - Only two sendings off all season. Pretty good I think.
    - Not sure that Middlesborough 1-4 counts as a "Best scoring game"; more like worst.
    - How did Watford score 3 with only 2 shots on target?
    - Looks like we were pretty good at defending corners; none of the four highest corner-taking opponents managed to beat us.
  • A few observations from that smorgasbord of stats

Millwall's home form was shocking, I'm amazed that they were bottom of the home only league.
    Waggy scored highly in the rankings, the 5th highest average if you include everyone, so can consider himself unlucky to have played so few games
    Hulse was well rated during his spell, and actually has a higher ranking than Yann!
    Jackson only had 2 assists. Maybe goals were scored from the second ball after his dead ball kicks, but this suggests his corners and indirect free kicks were far less effective than in L1.
  • Stig said:

Excellent work, well done all but especially Lancashire Lad who does such a bonza job all season. A few observations:
    - Solly's win was thoroughly deserved and underpins why it was right that he also got the club's POTY award.
    - Not sure that Middlesborough 1-4 counts as a "Best scoring game"; more like worst.
    - Looks like we were pretty good at defending corners; none of the four highest corner-taking opponents managed to beat us.

Stig

Middlesbro 1-4: depends on your definition of "best", perhaps "highest" would have been a better adverb
    Watford: my mistake as they had 7 shots on target and 2 off

• Stig said:

Excellent work, well done all but especially Lancashire Lad who does such a bonza job all season. A few observations:

Stig

Middlesbro 1-4: depends on your definition of "best", perhaps "highest" would have been a better adverb

Lancashire Lad - "highest" is an adjective, not an adverb.

• I just knew someone would put me right if I got it wrong - well done viewfinder :)
  • Those stats are so comprehensive it is a credit to all involved, and one perfect example as to why Charlton Life is the best place to be on the internet.
    A first reaction from me is how the stats might translate into ordinary words. I always have in my mind that a 6 is 'average', a 7 is 'good' for example. Using that terminology, and the seasons overall stats, would the wide football world describe Charlton as having a lot of average Championship footballers, and two good ones Solly and Hughes?
    And a handful of pony players.
    However, if we can describe our players as mainly average at this level, there is one vital statistic missing, the TEAM thing.
    I would say that as a team we certainly rise well above average, to deserve the title of 'good'!
    I wonder if it is worth adding an extra mark next season for the team performance, as well as for each individual player?
  • Sponsored links:

• Excellent stuff as usual- thanks for all the hard work. Brilliant to build up a record like this - imagine if we could look back to Statbanks fromt he 70s and 80s!

Interesting that our social media ranking is a bit low - were we late into this or does it reflect an older fanbase?

One little point on the last page - wasn't Azeez also an unused sub v Cardiff (h)?

Looking forward to next season's already...
  • Excellent stuff as usual- thanks for all the hard work. Brilliant to build up a record like this - imagine if we could look back to Statbanks fromt he 70s and 80s!

Interesting that our social media ranking is a bit low - were we late into this or does it reflect an older fanbase?

One little point on the last page - wasn't Azeez also an unused sub v Cardiff (h)?

Looking forward to next season's already...

That would be brilliant to have a retrospective statbank - oh well we will in the future.

We should have the highest social media ranking - we're the only club with Charlton Life!

• Interesting that our social media ranking is a bit low - were we late into this or does it reflect an older fanbase?

As a member of the, ahem, "older fanbase", may I ask: What is this thing called "social media"? :-)

• Good point, Stig - maybe CL is why we rank lower on the other social media sites - don't need them!
  • seth plum said:

I wonder if it is worth adding an extra mark next season for the team performance, as well as for each individual player?

Good idea Seth although I have always thought that the average of the players marks was the team mark, but I see your point. I'm looking to give the statbank a bit of a revamp for next season and will be asking what Lifers would like, I'll put your suggestion into the pot.
  • Thanks for all the hard work in compiling the data. I will be boring my Valencia supporting mate for weeks.
  • Not sure why I've never been lured into the weekly Stat post but having seen and understood this, I will have a go next season. I can't help noticing that Lawrie Wilson finished 8th of those who played 25 or more. Given the widespread downer he suffered following his first two showings (poor performances it must be said), he might well have ended closer to second if he hadn't needed another half-a-dozen performances to win the doubters over, especially considering he missed the feel-good last eight games.....
  • kimbo said:

I am a boring accountant even I am scared by this. Need some graphs! Seriously well done.

Who ate all the pie charts?

Great stats compilation, btw.

• edited May 2013
    Danny Green being MoM for 3 out of his 9 games is pretty impresive.
    Another the average away attendance almost doubled. Why was that?
    Also isn't Pritch Zimbabwean? Making it 11 nationalities.
  • First rate season recap...well done to everyone involved...cheers!