Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Comments

• No referees in games, blimey Neil Warnock will have to start blaming someone else...maybe himself.
  • "“If there’s a dispute over a free kick or throw-in, one team or the other concedes."

And what if neither team does?
  • Think I might join the hippies....

“It’s free grass and fresh air."
  • "“If there’s a dispute over a free kick or throw-in, one team or the other concedes."

And what if neither team does?

Call in ACAS.

• edited May 2013

Think I might join the hippies....

“It’s free grass and fresh air."

me and @maybe_baby should put together a team then
  • Hippy offering "Free grass". Can see thousands of asbo tagged teens fighting to join their league. He should have also added "there's plenty of speed on show"........................
  • Hippy offering "Free grass". Can see thousands of asbo tagged teens fighting to join their league. He should have also added "there's plenty of speed on show"........................

... and lots of "crack" teams...

• Calls for grassroots football referees to be respected have been made amid a sharp drop in people signing up to officiate matches in Kent.

Kent Football Association development officer Nick Dunn listed a series of incidents reported in a single weekend.

They included a referee being punched and another being followed into his dressing room by a manager.

The Kent FA now has 24% fewer referees since the end of the 2020/2021 season, with many matches played without one.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-kent-58597278

• I played in a game where someone playing also reffed. The chap refereeing got chopped down by an opponent and fell to the ground winded. From the ground, he gasped "Any (puff) more of (puff) that and (puff) you're off". Everyone within earshot laughed.
  • I play games on Blackheath on Saturdays without a referee in a pretty friendly group. 

The problem is that all it takes is one or two people who act like it is pro football, falling and diving for everything, calling every single offside even if it is by centimetres, and every ball that hits an arm no matter where it is, to completely ruin the idea and experience. 

I've stopped enjoying it as much because of this.
  • Sponsored links:

• iaitch said:
    No referees in games, blimey Neil Warnock Charlton fans will have to start blaming someone else...maybe himself ourselves .

• edited September 2021
    They might as well not have referees at Goals for all the good they do. I remember one of our players turning to the ref and asking for some protection, and him saying "You're all kicking the shit out of each other, that seems fair to me!"