Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Pointless Interests/Pastimes.

Now, we no doubt have all got an interest or pastime that many people just don't get! (mine is being a Depeche Mode nut!). But what are the most pointless interests/pastimes out there? I will start you off with:

Formula One Motor Racing - Pretentious, pointless, processional, boring claptrap! Fans of this 'sport' really need to get out more!

Comments

• Bollocks to that, Formula 1 now is much better than formula 1 a decade ago when Schumacher was winning by 2 minutes every race!

I think snooker has run it's course, and should be killed off quickly and quietly, I mean Ronnie o'sullivan took a whole year out, walzed back in and became world champion again, anything that can be won by a guy who hasn't played professionally for a year isn't worth playing at all.

Collecting things like thimbles, fridge magnets or stamps is pointless too, there will always be another saddo with a more impressive collection and if there isn't then you have truly wasted your life
  • Football forums
  • train spotting
  • I find it hard to criticise what people do and find interest in. I do some pretty sad stuff and people at work are always quick to laugh; I'm often the butt of the joke. But I don't mind that. In fact, I thnk it's funny too, especially as those who laugh have no hobbies.
  • reading the rumours thread
  • I used to have various collections, but when my mother died and I took a load of her precious things to the dump or a charity shop I realised it was pretty pointless, especially once you get past about 50. All you're doing leaving a load of rubbish for your kids to clear out of your house when you die.

I'm a cheerful chappy - available to brighten up your party! :-)
  • Watching england play football. Through all the wcq and friendlies and you know it will end in tears in some foreign shit hole against the first decent team we come across on penalties usually.
  • I find it hard to criticise what people do and find interest in. I do some pretty sad stuff and people at work are always quick to laugh; I'm often the butt of the joke. But I don't mind that. In fact, I thnk it's funny too, especially as those who laugh have no hobbies.

Any examples you can share ?
  • edited May 2013
    PL54 said:

I find it hard to criticise what people do and find interest in. I do some pretty sad stuff and people at work are always quick to laugh; I'm often the butt of the joke. But I don't mind that. In fact, I thnk it's funny too, especially as those who laugh have no hobbies.

I play guitar (or try to!), am a budding astronomer and meet up with stargazing groups with my telescope, play video games and read comics. Sad stuff, especially for a 28yr old but I don't care.
  • Work...That's a pointless sometimes
  • Sponsored links:

• PL54 said:

I find it hard to criticise what people do and find interest in. I do some pretty sad stuff and people at work are always quick to laugh; I'm often the butt of the joke. But I don't mind that. In fact, I thnk it's funny too, especially as those who laugh have no hobbies.

I read play guitar (or try to!), am a budding astronomer and meet up with stargazing groups with my telescope, play video games and read comics. Sad stuff, especially for a 28yr old but I don't care.
    You sound like an interesting nerd.
  • Watching england play football. Through all the wcq and friendlies and you know it will end in tears in some foreign shit hole against the first decent team we come across on penalties usually.

This, my last game was Argentina France 98 so gutted haven't done an away game since.
  • Soduko
  • Job hunting.
  • Putting together a cricket team we'll never see play......
    ;-)
  • My sad pastimes are Yoga, Stargazing and I like cleaning the house.
  • Dinner parties
    Suit searching
    Chelsea
  • edited May 2013
    Collecting Eddie Stobart lorry names. There's even a website!
    stobartsaddos.com/
    Still, going by the site name, at least they know their status.

Edit to say: Just looked at the site, clearly some wind-ups: I'm assuming that "Alice is a Slutbag" is not a genuine name of an Eddie truck...
  • I've never understood people who collect model trains and railways.

Spend thousands of pounds on equipment, hours and hours putting it all together in your loft or spare room...............to watch a train go round in a circle.
  • I know a few people who think football and going to watch a football match is pointless.
    But as my old grandad used to say 'never trust a man who doesn't like football'.

I have a few hobbies that can be described as 'sad' but then that normally comes form people who have never done anything fruitful with their lives.
  • Sponsored links:

• PL54 said:

I play guitar (or try to!), am a budding astronomer and meet up with stargazing groups with my telescope, play video games and read comics. Sad stuff, especially for a 28yr old but I don't care.
    You sound like an interesting Nigel.

;o)
  • I'm sure we have a bus spotter on this forum.
  • PL54 said:

I read play guitar (or try to!), am a budding astronomer and meet up with stargazing groups with my telescope, play video games and read comics. Sad stuff, especially for a 28yr old but I don't care.
    Nerds are always interesting. It's the 'normal' people that are less so.
  • Oggy Red said:

PL54 said:

You sound like an interesting Nigel.

;o)
    Blasphemy!
  • I know someone on here who likes a bit of 'Magic the Gathering'...
  • Online poker - grrrr
  • Facebook tops the lot,

This..... Everyone should have something that they look forward to & gets them through the working week. For us its football & moreso Charlton. For others its rugby or cricket or fishing or stamp collecting. Whatever it is, it is important to them & you shouldn't mock it.
  • Stig said:

PL54 said:

Nerds are always interesting. It's the 'normal' people that are less so.
    Nerds can be very boring. The ones with no self esteem and talk about star wars and never leave the house. Poor sods.

However the things that dannyaddick are nerd like but he lives his life by doing the things that interest him.
  • Facebook tops the lot,

In some ways I agree entirely. I have a facebook friend who goes on and says things like what she had for breakfast, lunch and dinner, what
    her 2 yr old son done today etc. Sometimes people do put up interesting things but people like my friend bore the crap out of me on facebook!