Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton Life, Upbeats visit........... 11th May

We have been invited once again to meet the Upbeats at Sparrows Lane on Saturday 11th May. Should we muster enough folk from here the invitation is there to take on the Upbeats at 5 a side, watch or join in their training session. Training lasts a couple hours and is a worthy yet humbling experience. I daresay once again we will retire to the local public house for refreshments after the event. Let me know numbers, either adding your name below or drop me a PM, also a quick shout for the photographers who would to take some photos of the day.
Many thanks
Ray.

Comments

• Bump.
  • What time is it Ray?
  • From around 1.00 until 2.30.
  • I'm not sure I can make that day got a few things on that weekend. Ill let you know. Also it's fa cup day.
  • Not sure i can make it either. Wanted to bring my daughter but she has a party at 11:30.
  • Ray, won't be able to make that one, golfing for charity in Essex that day.
  • Ray, won't be able to make that one, golfing for charity in Essex that day.

Lol, just me and Bailey then. ;)
  • And me (hopefully).
  • Bump.............. I have to let them know if anyone will be attending training this saturday.
  • Wish I could, this is something that I'd really like to do if I were in London.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited May 2013
    I'm around with my son, who is training before the upbeats start. If there is room for us, it would be great to be involved. I'm sure i'll be able to get a couple of my son's squad involved if you want numbers for a 5 a side!!
  • I take it your sons team use the facilities in the Dome?
    If you want to hang about afterwards with two or three of his mates that would be great, the upbeats will take it seriously trust me. I will need to let them know by thursday so if you and anyone else can confirm by then that would be great.
  • edited May 2013
    Ray he's in the Academy. We train just before the Upbeats so we will be around. They play West Ham tmrw night so I'll mention it to a few.
  • Last call for the Upbeats saturday, please let me know if you think maybe there as I have to email them approximate numbers.
    DOC64, I let them know there will be 3 or 4 ish from your group staying on. What time do you finish?
  • Ray, we might be able to make it for the last hour or so but won't know for sure until the day.
  • No worry's, numbers dont have to be exact. I think they are more concerned a coach party may turn up and think we are safe there. ;)
  • Hi Ray. About 12.45. I have a few boys (u11's) lined up to train with or have a small sided game with the Upbeats. They have a game on Sunday so have said until about 13.30. Thanks
  • I'm sure that will be great, I'll email them to let them know.
    And thanks.
  • Good luck tomorrow Ray, hope you and Bailey and the rest who are coming along have a great day.
  • Im at my Dad's all day tomorrow helping him so definitely wont be able to make it.
  • Sponsored links:

• Ray, we might be able to make it for the last hour or so but won't know for sure until the day.

Curb_It said:

Im at my Dad's all day tomorrow helping him so definitely wont be able to make it.

No worry's. ;)

• Good luck tomorrow Ray, hope you and Bailey and the rest who are coming along have a great day.

Cheers Wally ;)

• edited May 2013
    We are off to see the Upbeats, anyone thinking of coming along I'll be with this good looking fellaimage
  • Great day again with the Upbeats, who along with the under 11s who after Doc had a few words agreed to stay on after training and joined in with the Upbeats. Doc, they were a credit to themselves, their parents and of course Charlton Athletic. Nice to meet you Doc and Plaayer who came along with young Olli who obviously gets his looks from his Mum ;) Dave Mehmet came along with his daughter. Had another little moment to myself when some dust got in my eyes after receiving a peck on the cheek as a thank you for letting one of the Upbeats give Bailey a cuddle. Terry and Carl and all the guys there do a fantastic job, so diving down the back of the sofa and finding a couple of quid or having a bid on some of the items for sale will hopefully help in someway to it continuing.
    Shame another downpour ended the day rather quickly as everyone scattered to their cars at the end. imageimage
  • Well done Ray, Shame about the photographer and of course the weather. Who would think it was the middle of May? The Upbeats is a fantastic part of the Community set up and well done to Charlton and all the coaches who put so much in to it. The kids, all of them, were fantastic and kept smiling throughout. I know my son met two new friends out of it and asked if he could do it again next week, which is fantastic.
    I spoke to Tony, one of the coaches before hand. Most people won't know that the Upbeats were runners up in a tournament held at West Brom last week. They lost 2-0 to Cardiff in the final. Newcastle and Hull were amongst the other teams taking part, so a fantastic achievement!!
    Thanks again Ray and it was great to meet you and young Bailey, as well as Plaayer and Ollie.......
  • Well done Ray, Bailey, Doc, Doc Jnr and everyone else.

Charlton Athletic, that's what we do.
  • Looks like a great visit agin TCE. Wasn't possible to come this time but please do post if/when there is another one. I would love to join in on another occasion.
  • Great pics TCE, well done to everyone involved.

• Pity we could only make the last half an hour or so but daughter enjoyed herself. She loved Bailey (after getting over her initial fears)

• edited May 2013
    Glad she enjoyed him, it must be quite intimidating when your virtually looking him in the eyes. I'd love to see the photo mate, if you dont want it up here could you email it to me.
    raybates@sky.com