Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Daft Punk

like the song, hoping the album out next week is as good BUT on Capital they have played it 5 times between 9am and 3.30pm. Overkill or what.

Comments

• Amazing duo...remember discovering their debut album 'Homework' around age 12...I usually get through at least one DP track per day, every day, so no - not necessarily overkill depending on who you ask!
  • like the song, hoping the album out next week is as good BUT on Capital they have played it 5 times between 9am and 3.30pm. Overkill or what.

One reason I listen to Absolute. No repeat plays from 10-5 every day.

• Totally agree. The track's alright, not a great by any means, but it just seems to be all I ever hear!
  • It is annoying on a drive when the same song pops up 4-5 times in an hour, but then you turn the station over and the same song is usually on the other side within 5 minutes...

Give Daft Punk a pass though, quality duo.
  • Used the same effects and pretty similar beats throughout their careers and yet they still seem fresh, quality music
  • I prefer Justice. It's a good song though!
  • Rizzo said:

like the song, hoping the album out next week is as good BUT on Capital they have played it 5 times between 9am and 3.30pm. Overkill or what.

Spot on Rizzo. We have Absolute on in the office for that very reason, also better songs than the other mainstream stations. Teenage Kicks right now, happy days :)

• They are the bomb! Can't believe Homework was from 1997. I was 24 then!
  • Le Freak .. says Chic
  • Music snob in me coming out now

The tragedy of them getting to number 1 now will introduce a lot of people to them who will think they are some disco seventies act.

It's a good record but you need to give your ears a chance and go through their back catalogue

And justice are a little bit cooler than daft punk
  • Sponsored links:

• Carter said:

Music snob in me coming out now

The tragedy of them getting to number 1 now will introduce a lot of people to them who will think they are some disco seventies act.

It's a good record but you need to give your ears a chance and go through their back catalogue

Get Lucky and One More Time will be the only songs most people know...shame.
  • must admit to not owning any Daft Punk albums (at the moment) and if was asked to name any of their songs I'd struggle but looking on my ipod I have six or seven of their songs from compiliation albums that I hugely like but just wasn't aware it was them. Think I'll be downloading a couple of albums later. Looks like Homewo
  • Air are also in a similar ball park.
  • ACAC
    edited May 2013
    Carter said:

Music snob in me coming out now

Glad there's another justice fan at the valley!
  • quality tune, played on XFM earlier.
  • Yes, yes ... but surely this song is all about the DISCO ?
  • apparently the new album has got some absolute belters on it.

get lucky will get rinsed until you dont wanna hear it anymore. but in about 10 years time it'll still be a tune.

love Daft Punk.
  • All I can hear now with the electronic bit at the end is 'I rub a Mexican monkey'.
  • just played in on Radio 6. Nice pop tune
  • There's a Radio 6!?!
  • Sponsored links:

• Justice are great, shame the second album had sections where it disappear up its own self importance.

Get Lucky is as catchy as the common cold, be interesting to see if the rest of the album is Nile Rogers inspired
  • Plaaayer said:

There's a Radio 6!?!

No
  • Great riff, the rest including very weak vocals, Na
  • Alive is my favourite Daft Punk track. Hopefully the new album will have some better tracks on it as I'm not too impressed with this.
  • red_murph said:

Rizzo said:

Spot on Rizzo. We have Absolute on in the office for that very reason, also better songs than the other mainstream stations. Teenage Kicks right now, happy days :)

While it's very admirable that songs aren't repeated on Absolute, unfortunately the artists are. Paul Weller, Oasis.... Mostly blokes music that's aimed at their top gear generation and middle aged demographic.
    Then when they do play three Oasis songs in a day it's the same ones as you heard a couples days ago.

A few years ago they used to have a jingle 'no rap, no crap' which they followed by a Red Hot Chilli Peppers track. I guess they just meant by black artists.

As for daft punk, like the track and my fav of theirs is Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger
  • Aerodynamite is the best daft punk tune

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hd1D39af7_s
  • edited May 2013
    Huge fan of daft Punk. Was totally hooked when they first released Da Funk as a single as the video was immense. I Still have all the Thomas Bangalter label Roule tracks on vinyl.

Best track is my two fave producers collab:

http://youtu.be/v74Be3G4rHI

• Get Lucky is a massive tune, been absolutely rinsing it recently. Really excited for the album.
  • been absolutely rinsing it.

Haven't heard that in a while!