Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Jose Mourinho - Like Or Loathe? (Pg 13, sacked Man U)

Comments

• The novelty wore off a bit towards the end but he is certainly a character.

Suspect he will come here with a massive smugness about him but it will be entertaining.

Imagine the mind games - Wenger, Fergie, AVB, Di Canio and Mourinho. Poor old Pardew will look like a work experience kid up against these chaps
  • Love him! Hope he does come back to England next season.
  • Loathe, mouthy Portugese twat. I wonder how good a manager he would be at Barnet?
  • Saga Lout said:

Pretentious ar*ehole. Nobody could love him more than he loves himself.

i'm convinced his arrogance to the media and the like is just an act. He's incredibly popular with every player that's played under him and as some one mentioned, a real gentleman in private.

Think he's a quality sports psychologist as well.
  • Loathe, mouthy Portugese twat.

• Whatever you may think of him as a man it's very hard to argue against his record. League titles in Portugal, Italy, England and Spain, kicking the likes of Man Utd and Barcelona in the teeth to get there. Not to mention his cup and CL exploits.
  • Rizzo said:

Whatever you may think of him as a man it's very hard to argue against his record. League titles in Portugal, Italy, England and Spain, kicking the likes of Man Utd and Barcelona in the teeth to get there. Not to mention his cup and CL exploits.

What did he do on here?
  • Loathe, mouthy Portugese twat. I wonder how good a manager he would be at Barnet?

Up there with the old 'yeah, but how would they do on a cold Tuesday away at Stoke'
  • Saga Lout said:

Pretentious ar*ehole. Nobody could love him more than he loves himself.

i'm convinced his arrogance to the media and the like is just an act. He's incredibly popular with every player that's played under him and as some one mentioned, a real gentleman in private.

Think he's a quality sports psychologist as well.

i'm not sure Casillas would go along with that
  • Sponsored links:

• Is love an option?

Some of the greatest managers of all time were loud and mouthy - Mourinho included.

And he would be an incredible manager at any club he went to. Why? Because footballers would fall over themselves to want to play with him.

• No inside knowledge or anything but just got a feeling he will be manager at Arsenal next season.
  • Said this before but i'll say it again:

Got huge respect for Jose.

My Nan sent him a England v Portugal programme from 1974 (I think) because she didn't know what to do with it, so she sent it to him while he was manager of Chelsea hoping that it would help bring back 'memories' for him.

He sent a reply back a few days later, saying how thoughtful it was and how he remembered the game/era well. He also signed the programme with his best wishes. Top man.

Great story. Nice thing for him respond the way he did. Bet your Nan was over the moon Stubley.

Would like to see him back in English football.
  • Love to see him back PL is pretty boring at least he'll liven things up
  • What VG said think the bloke is immense
  • Got a bit bored with his antics and the media love in with him towards the end but, having had a break for a few years now, it would be good to see him back and shake things up again. Would love him to go somewhere other than Chelsea though just to pee them off.
  • Love him. Arrogant sure, but he generally backs it up. Also good to see a non-robot manager in the Prem.
  • Would love him to go somewhere other than Chelsea though just to pee them off.

Agreed.
  • edited May 2013

Loathe, mouthy Portugese twat. I wonder how good a manager he would be at Barnet?

The CV he has built up ensures he won't ever have to worry about that.

Great bloke.
  • Sponsored links:

• Like, has a certain aura about him.
  • Love him. People take him way too seriously, and I think that he has a great sense of humour and is taking the piss most of the time.

Oh, and he's quite a good manager as well.
  • Lobes himself too much. Produces boring football teams. His interview after the second leg against Dortmund sums him up........it was all about him. I hope he goes back to Chelsea, the Club he walked out on. Those two deserve each other.
  • neither.

quite liked him at first but all the media attention is getting on my nerves. I'm kind of a bit bored of him now.

This.
  • Why didn't he just say "I have agreed to become Chelsea manager next season and have already signed the contract"?
  • Why didn't he just say "I have agreed to become Chelsea manager next season and have already signed the contract"?

Because Real Madrid with whom he has a contract unti 2016 might just get a bit miffed at seeing someone they thought was being employed by them actually going to work for a rival.

• Lobes himself too much. Produces boring football teams. His interview after the second leg against Dortmund sums him up........it was all about him. I hope he goes back to Chelsea, the Club he walked out on. Those two deserve each other.

Produces boring football teams????

A complete urban myth. Under Chelsea they were certainly organised but they accumulated the most points in a single season and scored plenty of goals doing it.
    His Porto team scored some fantastic counter attacking goals, and didnt have the best players but still won the CL.
    Think I saw Madrid have scored in every away game in this seasons CL and they have battered teams in la Liga.

• The game needs characters like him and di Canio, and get Balotelli back to our country too.
  • Said this before but i'll say it again:

My Nan sent him a England v Portugal programme from 1974 (I think) because she didn't know what to do with it, so she sent it to him while he was manager of Chelsea hoping that it would help bring back 'memories' for him.

He sent a reply back a few days later, saying how thoughtful it was and how he remembered the game/era well. He also signed the programme with his best wishes. Top man.

Said this before but i'll say it again:

Great story. Nice thing for him respond the way he did. Bet your Nan was over the moon Stubley.

Would like to see him back in English football.

Agreed, great story, thanks for sharing Stubley.

Produces boring football teams????

A complete urban myth. Under Chelsea they were certainly organised but they accumulated the most points in a single season and scored plenty of goals doing it.
    His Porto team scored some fantastic counter attacking goals, and didnt have the best players but still won the CL.
    Think I saw Madrid have scored in every away game in this seasons CL and they have battered teams in la Liga.

Bulldust. Remember watching Chelsea when Mourinho was there? I remember turning off the TV because they were terrible to watch. He did the samenat Inter, they were shockingbto watch. There wasba rumout that hebwould go the ' Capello' way at Real because, although they were getting close to Trophies, his way was not the Real way. You have rose tinted because he won trophies and he is a 'personality