Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Greggs The Bakers - Tv Programme

On tv right now, boy is it making me hungry, oh the cakes!

Comments

• Surely only made to feature on Harry Hill's TV Burp, which has now finished.
  • It just makes me hungry for some decent TV
  • FFS, what will they come up with next? The history of the toilet? oh wait, that did happen as well.
    TV is going downhill these days. karaoke talent shows, trash reality tv, endless cookery programmes. had enough of it.
    Yet some have called me mad because I would rather watch a decent drama or a game then these piles of trash.
  • I just can't believe someone is watching it, moreso posting about it.

ps. I have an irrational fear of Facebook.
  • Much prefer the radio to TV.
  • Much prefer the radio to TV.

I find it quite scary that some of my friends watch TV every night.

• Ironic that this programme starts on the day Greggs announce a profit warning.
  • I think Argos would be better for a reality docu-soap series. I've always wondered what goes on behind the scenes and why you have to wait for five minutes regardless of what you paid for.

They employ Santa's Elves on a piecework basis.

• Ive always wondered about Argos,they only ever seem to stock 4 or 5 of anything and they have thousands of lorries on the go!
  • I think Argos would be better for a reality docu-soap series. I've always wondered what goes on behind the scenes and why you have to wait for five minutes regardless of what you paid for.

You have to wait for someone upstairs to get off their backside, take the piece of paper from the printer, then wander around the warehouse and find your item. I worked there as a Christmas temp one year.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited April 2013
  • Wilma said:

I think Argos would be better for a reality docu-soap series. I've always wondered what goes on behind the scenes and why you have to wait for five minutes regardless of what you paid for.

You have to wait for someone upstairs to get off their backside, take the piece of paper from the printer, then wander around the warehouse and find your item. I worked there as a Christmas temp one year.
    You must be an Elf then.

• Haven't seen the programme yet but I do know that on a crazy night out to the club on campus they had a Gregg's Takeover night. It was one of the filthiest things I've seen in a long time, with an awful lot of people being ill, and to top it off, the whole thing was filmed for this documentary
  • Impressed by the Sausage and Bacon Roll with a coffee for £2.25 this morning!
  • They butcher animals to death for the sake of religion, so they don't receive my custom, however tasty they are.
  • They butcher animals to death for the sake of religion, so they don't receive my custom, however tasty they are.

Cheese pasties are lovely tho
  • sausage, bean and cheese melt
  • Sponsored links:

• Wilma said:

I think Argos would be better for a reality docu-soap series. I've always wondered what goes on behind the scenes and why you have to wait for five minutes regardless of what you paid for.

You have to wait for someone upstairs to get off their backside, take the piece of paper from the printer, argue with their half dozen colleagues whose turn it is to fetch the next one, go brew tea for everybody, eat biscuits, arrange which pub to go to after shift, take their turn on the massive Scalextric circuit compiled from the store's total stock, try in vain to get off with the best looking girl on the team, then having exhausted all alternatives wander around the warehouse in the vague hope of finding your item before hurling it down the conveyor at terminal velocity. I too worked there as a Christmas temp one year.

WTF?

Have I missed a page of comments somewhere?
  • Off_it said:

They butcher animals to death for the sake of religion, so they don't receive my custom, however tasty they are.

WTF?

i think they run a halal butcher for their meat.
  • edited August 2016
    arent majority of greggs products pork?.

quite a few uk chains use it although some of them make sure there meat is pre stunned prior to slaughter
  • Off_it said:

They butcher animals to death for the sake of religion, so they don't receive my custom, however tasty they are.

WTF?

Ah, So they "butcher animals to death" for the sake of providing food then, not for the sake of religion.

• Off_it said:

Off_it said:

WTF?

Ah, So they "butcher animals to death" for the sake of providing food then, not for the sake of religion.

I'm guessing that is what nick is suggesting? I don't honestly know or care
  • Off_it said:

arent majority of greggs products pork?.

Yeah, especially the jam doughnuts. Had one the other day and found a trotter in it.
    Del or Rodney?
  • edited August 2016
    Off_it said:

Off_it said:

WTF?

They deliberately make the animals suffer for no good reason, other than to pander to ludicrious religious beliefs. Totally unacceptable in 21st century Britain.