Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Joey Barton criticises QPR players & Mark Hughes after relegation

What a w@nker
On-loan Queens Park Rangers midfielder Joey Barton criticised some of the club's players and former manager Mark Hughes following their relegation.
QPR dropped out of the Premier League along with Reading after Sunday's goalless draw at the Madejski Stadium.
Barton, who is on loan at Marseille, tweeted: "I can't believe QPR have just been relegated and (Jose) Bosingwa was walking down the tunnel laughing!"
He said he is "gutted for the club" and questioned some of Hughes's signings.

The 30-year-old added he hoped there would be an overhaul in playing staff to avoid ending up "in a Wolves situation", saying that the Championship was a difficult league.
Wolverhampton Wanderers were relegated from the Premier League last season and could drop into League One just 12 months later.
QPR manager Harry Redknapp has previously admitted he doubted whether he could convince Barton to return to the club when his loan spell at Marseille finishes at the end of the season.
And the player himself said that if QPR were relegated it would make his return unlikely.
Hughes's predecessor, Neil Warnock, signed the 30-year-old on a four-year deal in August 2011 on a free transfer.

Comments

• Do you disagree with anything he said?
  • I read his tweets and thought he summed it up pretty well.. Even though he's a tw@t himself.
  • C_A_F_C said:

Do you disagree with anything he said?

Don't think it's a question of what he said rather the fact he doesn't have the right to say it after his behaviour which also badly effected the club. he's a hypocrite (although to be fair that's the least of his bad traits I suppose).

• C_A_F_C said:

Do you disagree with anything he said?

Didn't mention himself. I suppose the thugery that got him banned for most of this season was a positive contribution. Attacking team mates is stupid. Should get a massive fine for this, but he doesn't care.
    The blokes a deluded pathetic thug.
  • What a hypocrite, the way he behaved in the final game of last season when they were staring down the barrel is way worse than smiling after the final whistle has gone.

Even if he's technically correct in what he says, why does he feel the need to say it in public ?
  • Cos it's twitter and he's looking for a major bite.

No doubt he's bored on a Sunday evening in France and he knows how to get a reaction.

Sad, but even sadder are the people that nibble at him.
  • And don't forget the people that nibble at the people that nibble at him.
  • Mark Hughes really is a terrible manager
  • I can't disagree with what he said. However, his behaviour at the club certainly didn't help the cause and I really don't think he has the right to publicly criticise the club after his actions there.
    My opinion of him has not changed in the slightest.... he's still a prize gob sh*te and a deluded prick.
  • Harry was laughing at the final whistle as well but the media haven't picked up on that for some reason...
  • Sponsored links:

• Harry was laughing at the final whistle as well but the media haven't picked up on that for some reason...

You mean media darling Harry?
  • Harry says that he was only laughing because he was chatting to another Portuguese player. Well that explains it then...

This !

• QPR got what they paid for. A thug who does more harm than good, mercenary players only interested in money, and a manager who has no real emotional investment in their season's outcome. It's a cluster**** of a club and they're all welcome to each other.

They hired Barton, a man well known for kicking people and Tweeting crap. Then they fine him for doing just that.
  • shine166 said:

Harry was laughing at the final whistle as well but the media haven't picked up on that for some reason...

This !

This again!

QPR and Reading were resigned to their fates a few weeks before yesterday. As fans, we might be hacked off by what might appear to be a laissez faire attitude of players/managers/staff, but we have no idea what was being said to Bosingwa or Redknapp (who was immediately behind him) that brought about both their reactions.

People/press need to get a life! :)

He was having a laugh with Adkins. There was no point at all in being sombre, relegation was a fact for both men. IF Harry stays it will be interesting to see if he copes in a lower division. Is he a manager in the Warnock mould or merely a manager who can get relative success by spending lots and lots of money on players ?
  • Happy to see QPR relegated...good away game for next season, looking forward to having a few drinks in Notting Hill before the game.
  • TelMc32 said:

shine166 said:

Harry was laughing at the final whistle as well but the media haven't picked up on that for some reason...

This !

This again!

QPR and Reading were resigned to their fates a few weeks before yesterday. As fans, we might be hacked off by what might appear to be a laissez faire attitude of players/managers/staff, but we have no idea what was being said to Bosingwa or Redknapp (who was immediately behind him) that brought about both their reactions.

People/press need to get a life! :)
    Each to his own, but I think its called being professional. Fans pay £40 a game to see that tripe and the boss laughing after the fate got sealed. Not so sure we would be happy about that :)
  • He's got a new job.
  • Curb_It said:

He's got a new job.

I bet you can't find another Joey Barton thread :wink: .