Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Danny Hollands

That was a surprise seeing him on the teamsheet. It seems he played well which is good to see as he played a big role last season and was always a pleasure to see play.

Comments

• edited April 2013
    I cant see much difference in quality between Danny and Dale, the trouble is that they are so similar in style, strengths and weaknesses. I personally would not want to see either of them leave but I think at least one will this closed season. The problem for them both is that they don't seem able to play as a pair in this league and with JJ moving inside recently there is only room for one other in a 442. That one other must be a holder as we have seen, which is not Danny's strength or Dale's.

Maybe he was being showcased or CP was having another look. It was certainly unexpected though!
  • Was really impressed with Hollands yesterday, it could be because I was looking at him more closely, but I thought it was best performance in the Championship to date
  • I am pleased to hear that he may be back in form. We need him. Why sign Gower if we have a fit and motivated Hollands and Hughes. I suspect that Stephens will be gone in the summer
  • I just can't see a central midfield pair of JJ and Hollands. DH is nowhere near mobile enough to play there with JJ.
  • SHG - I agree. Although I was impressed with Hollands yesterday he took up JJ's place in the side as the more advanced CM while Gower filled in for Hughes as a DM. Couldn't have both JJ and DH alongside each other.
  • Think Gower would be a good signing as Hughes isn't reliable injury wise and we have no other recognised DM. Except for Rouamba, but who knows what he's like..
  • Hollands and Stephens are like a championship version of Gerard or Lamaprd. Think Stephens is more lowly to score a winning goal, but Hollands last year was more consistent. For all they've played this year, I'd swap both for a younger, less injury prone Hughes - if such a player exists
  • I just can't see a central midfield pair of JJ and Hollands. DH is nowhere near mobile enough to play there with JJ.

Hughes is more mobile than Hollands?
  • Loco said:

I just can't see a central midfield pair of JJ and Hollands. DH is nowhere near mobile enough to play there with JJ.

Hughes is more mobile than Hollands?
    IMHO yes.

• Not so much to do with how much movement, it's more knowing when to do it............