Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Chelsea tonight

Looked decidedly lacklustre and disinterested at times - what has happened to this club?
Winner scored by player who should not have been on the park. Luis' earlier tackle was a leg breaker in many games

Comments

• Really? I thought they did a decent performance away from home, agree about the tackle though.
  • It was a good result and I'm pleased for them but I'm referring to their lack of precision technically. Quite often their short passing game was marred by the weight on the pass (or lack of) - a part of the game in which they have excelled over the last decade.
    Also, players running with the ball and holding it too long - either because they had no options or because they failed to spot the run - just seemed out of character for Chelsea.
    I only saw the 2nd half, tbf. One thing's for sure, against a better side they would have been punished severely second half. Saleh's first touch twice wasted serious goalscoring opportunities and the space the guy had when he hit the inside of the woodwork was scary.
    I sincerely wish them well but they have a lot of rebuilding to do to get where they were.
  • Hate Chelski, hope Basel to them in the return fixture.
  • Was that really the same Basel that ripped Spurs a new one at time in the last round? Looked far from it.

Oh...hold on...Spurs can make anyone look like world beaters. It's what we do.
  • JohnBoyUK said:

Was that really the same Basel that ripped Spurs a new one at time in the last round? Looked far from it.
    Maybe Chelsea were better than I thought and made Basel look bad?
    Oh...hold on...Spurs can make anyone look like world beaters. It's what we do.