Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Train spotters

Just taken from my train window. Does this make me a train spotter spotter. Weird people! Oh well. Each to their own

Comments

• Henrys not wearing his cardigan?
  • just for my records sillybilly, you wouldn't happen to know the number and make of train you were on do you?

cheers!
  • No but you should get back to work on those consultation papers...
  • I've never really been into train spotting , i can't believe Charlton fans are labelled as train spotters , considering how few fans we take to away grounds?

Now you know why watching transporters seems so exciting! :-)!

It gets you first class travel though!! ;-)
  • I like trainspotting, think that McGregor puts in a decent performance as Renton. Oh wait...
  • TelMc32 said:

No but you should get back to work on those consultation papers...

It gets you first class travel though!! ;-)
    On Virgin trains its worth it , (£10 - 15 extra?) on Midlands its pants.
  • the one at the bank has probably featured on crimewatch...
  • On Virgin trains its worth it , (£10 - 15 extra?) on Midlands its pants.

Funnily enough it can be quite cost effective. I do a lot of travelling. This was a short notice meeting in Glasgow starting from Solihull where I spend a couple of days every other week. Potentially a pain in the arse andI would have cost £400 to fly at this notice. On the train it was just over half if that and I get fed, watered and get six hours unmolested work done (except of course when my concentration turns to transporters!). If you plan it right and don't miss trains, its often very little dearer to travel on a first class advance ticket than it is to travel standard class.
  • Sponsored links:

• Sorry, trying to post on a 3G connection. Meant to add that for away matches its well worth looking at first class advance fares on the train line.com. You can find that first class weekend tickets booked yonks in advance come in really cheap. Makes for a good day out!
  • edited April 2013

Weird people! Oh well. Each to their own

Calling me weird? ;-)
  • Looks like a little Millwall fan who's found a camera and is wondering what the *!%* he's doing in Warrington Bank Quay.
  • The thing I don't get with trainspotters is the lack of ambition. Any idiot can spot a train from the station. Come talk to me when you can spot one from 300 yards away whilst hiding under a bench.
  • What do they do with the numbers?
  • And we wonder why FFS
  • They are seriously weird.The ones with cameras are dangerous though,taking pictures with flash just as the driver is trying to stop his train!
  • richie8 said:

They are seriously weird.The ones with cameras are dangerous though,taking pictures with flash just as the driver is trying to stop his train!

not me richie, i like to plot myself at the end of the platform with my easel and paints... SAY NO TO FLASHING TRAIN DRIVERS!!!
  • edited April 2013
  • bloodnut said:

richie8 said:

They are seriously weird.The ones with cameras are dangerous though,taking pictures with flash just as the driver is trying to stop his train!

not me richie, i like to plot myself at the end of the platform with my easel and paints... SAY NO TO FLASHING TRAIN DRIVERS!!!
    Just keep your coat buttoned up.

• Sponsored links:

• Ahem, I believe the correct term is "Rail fan", before anyone gets offended...
  • More inportantly, is Helen White a would ya?
  • bloodnut said:

richie8 said:

Just keep your coat buttoned up.

Unless you are female with big tits!!!!!
  • Sorry, trying to post on a 3G connection. Meant to add that for away matches its well worth looking at first class advance fares on the train line.com. You can find that first class weekend tickets booked yonks in advance come in really cheap. Makes for a good day out!

Yeah, I know sillybilly...we've used it a few times for footie in the past on Virgin. Quite right that it's worthwhile there, but not on Midland Trains.

And definitely worthwhile if you need to work as you travel. Unfortunately a lot of my meetings don't give me the notice to make it as viable an option as I'd like it to be! ;-(
  • I can sort of understand the fasciation with trains in the steam age when there were plenty of different engines, classes and coaches but all trains just look the same these days.
  • On Virgin trains its worth it , (£10 - 15 extra?) on Midlands its pants.

I get fed, watered and get six hours unmolested work done

Out of interest, how much extra would it cost to get molested ?

• I hope you've all got a copy of this in your duffel coat pockets:

• Surely an ATOC Routeing Guide would be better
  • edited April 2013

Surely an ATOC Ro

Perhaps for getting from A to B but not for spotting and identifying etc. {: )

• Which are worse....Plane or Train spotters?