Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Gayle's Incredible 20/20 IPL Innings

I dont know if any of you follow the IPL, but even if you dont, have a look at this innings...

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/news/cricket-chris-gayle-blasts-30-ball-t20-century-120113527.html

Comments

• Options
    Anywhere I can see it in its entirety? ITV4 don't show highlights of IPL, do they?

Gayle is ridiculous - two of my favourite live cricketing moments have been him. First was smacking Hoggard for 5 fours in the first over when WI followed on at the Oval, but better than that was the T20WC a few years back was when he kept launching Brett Lee into Archbishop Tenison's School, again at the Oval. Lee was bowling at 93mph and proper fast. If I hadn't witnessed it, I would scarcely have believed it - the hitting was just beyond incredible.
  • Options

Anywhere I can see it in its entirety? - youtube is broadcasting the matches, this isn't the entire innings but features some of the innings, no doubt there'll be something better in time:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iZeF8iKmVtU
  • Options
    They are showing the 2nd match on itv4 now - they're bound to show some highlights as it finishes at 8.
  • Options
    175 not out - a record, 17 sixes - a record 30 ball century - a record.

Wow!
  • Options

Anywhere I can see it in its entirety? - youtube is broadcasting the matches, this isn't the entire innings but features some of the innings, no doubt there'll be something better in time:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iZeF8iKmVtU

Cheers BFR

• Options
    Wow!
  • Options
    Been told that it is normally on ITV4 Player on catchup .
  • Options
    Gayle:

"I got a good total. I can't say it's a decent total - it's a good total.

"All I had for breakfast this morning was a plain omelette, two pancakes and a hot chocolate."

• Options
    Just to top things off he also bowled one over and took 2 wickets for 5 runs.

I guess he's had worse days!!
  • Options

Just to top things off he also bowled one over and took 2 wickets for 5 runs.

I guess he's had worse days!!

Amazing. !
    I also notice that he didnt even have the highest strike rate of the innings - that went to DeViilliers who got 31 off 8 balls with 3 sixes and 3 fours !.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Highlights on itv4 now.
  • Options
    I've seen nearly every match so far and believe it's the way forward for cricket. Fast, colourful, noisy and even has fit birds prancing about.
  • Options
    Nah, easy
  • Options
    Almost as impressive as the blond cheerleader
  • Options
    20/20 is crap.
  • Options
    Bowling must have been crap.
  • Options
    Luke Wright was involved in dishing him up some boundaries
  • Options
    Luke Wright plus the opening quickie had half decent bowling figures. They only went for 49 in their combined 8 overs. The other 12 overs went for 214 !!!

I watched it live. Gayle was brutal. One six (119m) went straight out of the ground - and they have multi tiered stadiums there.
  • Options
    Just watched him smash a 46 ball 100. Great entertainment.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

It's not proper cricket but it is fantastic to watch!
  • Options

Sounds like one of dave Mehmets s and m parties
  • Options
    The IPL and Big Bash reminds me of tennis ball cricket at school.

Thank heavens for test cricket.
  • Options

The IPL and Big Bash reminds me of tennis ball cricket at school.

Thank heavens for test cricket.

I agree. Unfortunately, the current & next generation of kids will be brought up on 2020 cricket. I can see test cricket being obsolete in 20 years time
  • Options
    Kent currently attempting some T20 heroics in the County Championship
  • Options
    President, why not start a new thread to save poor saps like me looking on ITV4 for a 175 that was two years ago?
  • Options

President, why not start a new thread to save poor saps like me looking on ITV4 for a 175 that was two years ago?

OK Bryan, just trying to save the environment, or a few computer chips.
  • Options
    He may be in a bit of trouble , he just got out 41 off 15 balls in the Big Bash and started putting it on the attractive woman interviewer saying to her ' i wanted to have an interview , to see your eyes for the first time ... don't blush baby .... and look in your eyes'

one of the commentators then started saying network 10 heavily involved in womens cricket and it wasn't appropriate his behaviour and it's being addressed
  • Options
    I thought it was funny and so did the commentators. They then had to back track and apologize