Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Why was the traffic so bad getting away from the Valley today?

It was pretty much at a standstill along Charlton Road and the roads adjoining that. I wondered if maybe there had been a serious accident or closure?

To drop my son off home in Greenhithe, usually a pretty easy run down the A2, I ended up going through Woolwich, Winns Common, Bostall Heath, Erith etc. Nice trip down memory lane but didn't finally get home til about 7.45.

Comments

• had easiest run home ever. Out at final whistle and into car at 5.15 near makros, onto A2 near dome realy quickly, and home to Port Solent by 6.55. really easy run.
  • Parked by the level crossing. Indoors in New Eltham by 5.40.
  • A lot of roads around the ground had cones out ready for the Marathon tomorrow. We come home via the HA Ha Road which up to the lights is usually 2 lanes, but today was limited to just 1.
  • A lot of traffic in both directions on Shooters Hill Road today which in turn affected the side roads round about.
  • Had no problems at all.
  • edited April 2013
    Longest journey home today, time wise of course as the distance remains constant(all of 2.5 miles), since Prem days. It was crazy, every way we tried it was solid. Loads of complete idiots sitting in non-moving traffic hitting their horns as if they were in Italy! I didn't see any road closures, just sheer weight of traffic, don't forget over 19,000 there today.
  • Sounds a bit variable and I got unlucky. It took me longer to get from Charlton to Greenhithe than it did to get from Greenhithe all the way around the M25 and down the M3 to Wokingham.
  • Should have left at 1-1.
  • radio said the Blackwall Tunnel had been closed earlier. Had to pick something up with my daughter and we were late after being overtaken by people hobbling along Charlton Rd with walking sticks.
  • Was one of the quickest journeys away from ground heavy traffic on busby way but it moved and straight through the Blackwall and onto a12
  • Sponsored links:

• rananegra said:

radio said the Blackwall Tunnel had been closed earlier. Had to pick something up with my daughter and we were late after being overtaken by people hobbling along Charlton Rd with walking sticks.

Oi! I don't hobble :)

• Well I didn't leave the Cons club until after 8, so I couldn't possibly comment!! ;o)
  • Did everyone drive to the game yesterday. The Swan was empty afterwards.