Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

TV Programmes That Ought To Be Repeated

Just been watching The Monocled Mutineer. Brilliant tv, they should put that on again.

Comments

• happy days.

ludwig.

wacky races.
  • The Odd Couple & Sgt Bilko - always enjoy them whenever I see them.
  • Our friends from the north.....starring a young Daniel Craig and Mark Strong with Gina McKie amongst many others...
  • Q series - Spike Milligan
  • edited April 2013
    Alias Smith & Jones starring Pete Duel & Ben Murphy.
  • Phoenix Nights
  • A decent follow up series to The Wire
  • The Telegoons, circa 1964.
  • Joking Apart
    The High Life
  • Black Books every few months.
  • Sponsored links:

• Am loving "I Claudius" on BBC4 at the moment. The aging makeup doesn't really stand up to the scrutiny of large modern TVs and the sets occasionally wobble, but the scheming of Livia is great and there's loads of "ooh, it's Wossname off of Thingy" moments.

I'd really like them to repeat the original House of Cards too.
  • Spin City
  • A very Peculiar Practice
    This Life
    North Square
    Holding on
    State of Play
    The Lakes
    Bodies
  • Oooh, I loved "This Life", harvey !
  • Land of the Giants.
  • Stig said:

Just been watching The Monocled Mutineer. Brilliant tv, they should put that on again.

This. Spent years searching for it on video and now finally got it we've all moved onto dvd's.........remember watching it when it was first on and my grandfather tut tutted all the way through saying that it was all wrong.......

• A very Peculiar Practice
    This Life
    North Square
    Holding on
    State of Play
    The Lakes
    Bodies

Bodies was brilliant and so very true,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
  • 15 storeys high.
  • Callan.
  • London's Burning
  • Sponsored links:

• Private Schultz
  • Davo55 said:

Private Schultz

That's one of the next on my DVD list. The German film The Counterfeiters about the same story is very good too.
  • Citizen Smith.
    Boy's from the blackstuff.
  • Land of the Giants.

^Would love to see this again.

Dungeons and Dragons.
  • the demon headmaster, would absolutely love to see that again.
  • edited April 2013
    Buck Rogers

Is Rugrats still on?
  • edited April 2013
    Many of the series mentioned, especially the British BBC ones, are available on DVD these days at very reasonable prices, although it’s still easier to watch on TV than make the effort of sticking in a disc! I bought Shooting the Past, Our Friends in The North and State of Play well over a year ago and they're all still wrapped in cellophane.
    I yearned after seeing a couple of series from my youth, Mission Impossible and the above mentioned Alias Smith and Jones. It cost quite a lot to get copies on DVD from some Far East website. I was really disappointed with both, not the quality of the DVD's but the quality of the programmes. I think we look at a lot of old TV from our childhood through rose tinted spectacles and sometimes it's better to just keep the memories.
    I loved the BBC Colditz programme as a kid, this is currently on the satellite channel Yesterday and again is not as good as I remember. We are a bit spoilt these days with the quality of TV production (not necessarily the content) and stuff from 40 odd years ago can look cheap and even amateurish.
    I simply love The Phil Silvers Show, although nearly 60 years old it still stands up today, and have a few episodes on DVD but you cannot buy many of these, well not officially anyway.
  • Stig said:

Is this currently on tv anywhere? Had a look couldn't find it anywhere.
  • Dear John by John Sullivan, great lines such as 'any sexual problems' and the cool guy Kurt.
  • Mysterious cities of gold