Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

all going to Barnsley

Any particular pubs to head for?

Comments

• Drank in an Irish bar in town previously which was a bit moody. Wouldn't recommend the local leisure centre bar despite what football ground guide says!
  • yeah ive seen a few reports of the natives not being so friendly
  • I didn't think anyone else was going.

I purchased my ticket last week from the North Stand ticket office as was given 'Unallocated Seating Ticket No. 1'.

Thought I was going to be like that bloke from Udinese a few weeks ago...!
  • edited April 2013
    There'll be enough of us there for oohaa to extract the urine.
  • About 70 then...
  • Jodaius said:

About 70 then...

Lol I hope it's more than that as I wouldn't want him to enjoy himself too much with the stats :-)
  • i got ticket number 27 unreserved seating. its a 1st visit to the ground to me so rather looking forward to it.
  • 250 sold by Wednesday.
  • edited April 2013
    just got tickets for 13 of us.
    highest number - unreserved ticket 34.

thought every one of us would rather be anywhere but london next saturday.
  • slight problem i have is that i get back into london at about 8.35 hopefully have to walk past lots and lots of crying millwall fans at london bridge.
  • Sponsored links:

• Leisure centre is a pretty souless pre-match venue for a drink but I don't know where else to drink. Went out with a Barnsley girl once so went there a few times but that was twenty years ago so no clue of any decent boozers. Locals are quite insular so should be fun.

Anyway, Mrs AUN is coming with me for her first Charlton game ever so hope she gets a good first impression.
  • edited April 2013

Leisure centre is a pretty souless pre-match venue for a drink but I don't know where else to drink. Went out with a Barnsley girl once so went there a few times but that was twenty years ago so no clue of any decent boozers. Locals are quite insular so should be fun.

Anyway, Mrs AUN is coming with me for her first Charlton game ever so hope she gets a good first impression.

Extracts from Football Ground Guide ' Dove Inn on Doncaster Road is listed in the CAMRA Good Beer Guide, is an outlet for the Old Mill Brewery. It is only a five minute walk away from the ground down Oakwell Lane and is happily frequented by both home and away fans. Further along Doncaster Road (on the right after the Primary School on the left) is the Barnsley East Dene Working Mens Club, which is happy to admit visiting supporters (including accompanied children) without entry charge. You can also leave your car there at a cost of £1.50. Drinking in the town centre is generally not recommended, especially near the Bus & Train Stations, although you can get a hassle free pint (or two) in the Joseph Bramah (Lloyds No.1) Wetherspoons in the centre provided you are not wearing colours'.
    Spoons as a last resort then AUN anyway you'll be alright because you speak the lingo :0)