Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Dublin sending off

I see that Norwich appealed against the red card for Dublin on Tuesday but the appeal has failed and the card for violent conduct stands!

I reckon they will miss him big time!

Comments

• Should have been doubled for a frivolous appeal...
  • I wonder how many times appeals have been considered frivolous resulting in doubling of the suspension?

Once perhaps?
  • There was one a week or so back. Can't rememebr who or why exactly - am smashed!
  • Don't they usually add and extra match rather than Dublin (doubling get it?) for frivolous appeals
  • It was Derby's Craig Fagan
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/d/derby_county/6978496.stm
  • I think the adding of an extra game for a frivolous appeal is a premiership thing and doesn't apply in the League.
  • And they had two more sent off today and lost again I believe 2-0 at Wolves.
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: BlackForestReds[/cite]I think the adding of an extra game for a frivolous appeal is a premiership thing and doesn't apply in the League.[/quote]

but as stated in the PL rulebook:

'it shall only apply to unfashionable teams'
  • [cite]Posted By: Spankie[/cite]And they had two more sent off today and lost again I believe 2-0 at Wolves.

The second bloke to go was that Brellier that had a mare against Sam and gave away the second penalty, it was one of the funniest red cards ever. Commit nasty foul and as the ref jogs towards you reaching for his yellow card leap up and boot the ball away, to receive two yellows and one red.