Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Stadium tours or something similar?

Hi everyone, it's Warren again (the south african)

I emailed the club asking about stadium tours, but they said they only had them at certain times of the year.

Is there any other way you can get inside the stadium?
(I'm in London from the 15th to the 19th of March)

Or is the superstore pretty much the closest you can get to the stadium?

Thanks

Comments

• edited March 2013
    You could buy a ticket for the Millwall ga........................................:-)
  • Contact Mr. J. Terry, he'll sort you out for a price. :-)
  • edited March 2013
    Are you asking how do you break into the Valley?
  • parachute but don't ruin the pitch when you land.
  • Turn up with a garden fork and tell them your there to help Paddy fix the pitch : - )

Or turn up in your best gear and tell them you're an billionnaire looking to buy a football club and you want to have a look around.

Seriously, don't go their expecting to shown around. Sure the staff wouldn't mind but they are at work and can't just drop stuff for an hour to help anyone who pitches up.

Go to the shop and have a wander around and you might be able to get some photos and a glimpse inside.
  • You can go into the West Stand reception and see that. Other than that I'm sure that if you wandered to the corner of the West and South stands you would be able to get a good look at the pitch and the stands, and if the gate is open I suspect you could wander up to the edge of the pitch if the team are not training on it. I wouldn't walk onto the grass (or the mus as it is now) as that is likely to bring out someone to scare you away. If you are stopped and you are just walking around I suspect that you would be allowed to have a little nose at the pitch.

As Henry says though, I doubt you would be able to get into the Directors lounge or the changing rooms. And he would know as he was a Director for a couple of years!
  • You can go into the West Stand reception and see that. Other than that I'm sure that if you wandered to the corner of the West and South stands you would be able to get a good look at the pitch and the stands, and if the gate is open I suspect you could wander up to the edge of the pitch if the team are not training on it. I wouldn't walk onto the grass (or the mus as it is now) as that is likely to bring out someone to scare you away. If you are stopped and you are just walking around I suspect that you would be allowed to have a little nose at the pitch.

As Henry says though, I doubt you would be able to get into the Directors lounge or the changing rooms. And he would know as he was a Director for a couple of years!

Ok, thanks. I basically wanted to know what you told me (where you're allowed to walk around the stadium etc.)
    I didn't really expect to get into the changing rooms or anything - if they don't offer tours, then they probably don't want people coming into the change rooms :)
  • Turn up with a garden fork and tell them your there to help Paddy fix the pitch : - )

Or turn up in your best gear and tell them you're an billionnaire looking to buy a football club and you want to have a look around.

Seriously, don't go their expecting to shown around. Sure the staff wouldn't mind but they are at work and can't just drop stuff for an hour to help anyone who pitches up.

Go to the shop and have a wander around and you might be able to get some photos and a glimpse inside.

Thanks, I'll definitely go to the shop to buy some Charlton gear - maybe there will be someone there who's doesn't have any work to do and is willing to show me around :)
  • Bunking in via the Gents by the Sam Bartram gate used to be quite popular, so I've heard.
  • I think Warren is the head of a far east betting syndicate I think we should keep a close eye on the switchroom the back up generater and. guard the floodlights.
  • Sponsored links:

• I know that this is a bit off topic but I once got under the gate at Plymouth Argyle to have a look one windy November night. I climbed up one of the floodlights and went into the changing rooms via the tunnel. It was quite surreal.
  • A few years back I just asked at reception and they just had a security guard let me in to walk around the seats on the West Stand.

(I do go to The Valley every week, but was showing someone else the stadium!)
  • Warren said:

You can go into the West Stand reception and see that. Other than that I'm sure that if you wandered to the corner of the West and South stands you would be able to get a good look at the pitch and the stands, and if the gate is open I suspect you could wander up to the edge of the pitch if the team are not training on it. I wouldn't walk onto the grass (or the mus as it is now) as that is likely to bring out someone to scare you away. If you are stopped and you are just walking around I suspect that you would be allowed to have a little nose at the pitch.

Ok, thanks. I basically wanted to know what you told me (where you're allowed to walk around the stadium etc.)
    I didn't really expect to get into the changing rooms or anything - if they don't offer tours, then they probably don't want people coming into the change rooms :)
    Not since Pardew was here.
  • cafctom said:

A few years back I just asked at reception and they just had a security guard let me in to walk around the seats on the West Stand.

(I do go to The Valley every week, but was showing someone else the stadium!)

Ok, thanks for letting me know
  • My nephew and his son (my great nephew) went up to the club shop met some guy on the off chance who took them into the directors box...little lad (5yrs old) was well impressed....this was a couple of months ago on his first visit to the Valley.
  • Best way is like this (action from 11.45)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0sPtmML4Yio
  • My nephew and his son (my great nephew) went up to the club shop met some guy on the off chance who took them into the directors box...little lad (5yrs old) was well impressed....this was a couple of months ago on his first visit to the Valley.

That must've been awesome for him,
    Hopefully I'll get as lucky as them :)
  • @Warren If you wait till about mid July you'll be invited down to clean shit off the seats and can spend several hours wandering around.
  • PL54 said:

@Warren If you wait till about mid July you'll be invited down to clean shit off the seats and can spend several hours wandering around.

Lol, I just choked on my lunch.
  • Sponsored links:

• When we moved from NWQ to H block a few years ago they let my brother in to see what the view was like from that seat, just say you're thinking of getting half a dozen STs and would like to see what the view is like
  • When we moved from NWQ to H block a few years ago they let my brother in to see what the view was like from that seat, just say you're thinking of getting half a dozen STs and would like to see what the view is like

Masterful!
  • Know a Charlton supporter who would love to take a look behind the scenes at the home of their favourite football club? Well, stadium tours of The Valley are priced at just £15 each and can now be booked online.
    https://www.cafc.co.uk/news/view/5bd0431508fad/treat-a-charlton-fan-to-a-tour-of-the-valley
    Museum not included.
  • I did the Lord's tour yesterday, something I'd always fancied doing. Expensive, but great to see inside the pavilion and inside the dressing rooms
  • I did the Lord's tour yesterday, something I'd always fancied doing. Expensive, but great to see inside the pavilion and inside the dressing rooms

I did that a couple of years ago, was very good
  • clive said:

Know a Charlton supporter who would love to take a look behind the scenes at the home of their favourite football club? Well, stadium tours of The Valley are priced at just £15 each and can now be booked online.
    https://www.cafc.co.uk/news/view/5bd0431508fad/treat-a-charlton-fan-to-a-tour-of-the-valley
    Museum not included.

Museum is included although we're not involved
  • Warren has waited 5 1/2 years for this , I hope he ain’t changed his mind
  • Interesting idea to schedule the stadium tours on a weekly basis, weren't they generally only at half terms and school holidays before? Be interesting if enough people turn up