Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Fortress Valley

Yes last Saturdays performance and result for whatever reason(s) were not acceptable , but Saturday offers a new day , a different opposition , and a new chance for players to put things right.

We all need to pull together as one, and get ourselves across the line of Championship safety this season.

The club needs our support , vocal and financial more than ever, we can't and mustnt go back to the abyss of League 1.

So gerd your loins, dig out your lucky socks or pants , and get down to the Valley on Saturday and make a vocal racket from start to finish.

No one said this season was going to be easy, ( is it ever as a Charlton fan) now is the time to stand up/ sit down and be counted, and wipe away the gloom , despair and frustration, and get this party started, COYR!!

Comments

• If we sing louder I reckon we will win
  • nice one, agree with everything you say
  • Now thats a rallying call and 100% spot on
    COYR
  • go with THIS right attitude
  • Yep agree
    We nearly left our upper north seats vacant for the Cardiff game after the previous sats performance !!! So glad we didn't
    So let's show um we are all still behind them.
    COYR
  • Fortress yes ... unfortunately right now it's a castle made of sand ... (what happened to the cement & lime ?) .. It is VERY hard to understand the discrepancy between home and away performances
  • As long as that fortress doesn't mean playing a 4-5-1 at home.
  • So much for what started off as a positive thread.
  • you're right Tom .. I took the title too literally .. what is needed is a fortress built with walls of solid & positve sound .. such a shame that I get to the valley so rarely, the vibes from a positive crowd shouting on the team is always music to my ears ... although pound for pound, the away fans are better value
  • you're right Tom .. I took the title too literally .. what is needed is a fortress built with walls of solid & positve sound .. such a shame that I get to the valley so rarely, the vibes from a positive crowd shouting on the team is always music to my ears ... although pound for pound, the away fans are better value

Away fans always are .... you can always here the Addickted above home crowds
  • Sponsored links:

• An oxymoron if ever there was one.
  • away fans are mostly allways more loud than the home teams at most grounds ,but its our pitch which needs sorting out,get the pitch sorted out and our results will get better. This is what happened to Cardiff last year and look what a good pitch has done for them this year
  • The pitch has only affected us and we should be used to it by now. Everyone else turns up and passes the ball around us.

PS clapping your hands or singing a song won't make our lot complete a pass
  • Agree with all this of course - but I really hope CP and the lads take a similar attitude. All the defensive tactics and timidity are not getting results at home and it doesn't lift the crowd either. We need an attacking line up, an aggressive mind-set and just to for it. Get some early attacks and pressure to lift the crowd and boost morale. I would rather go out all guns blazing and lose 3-2 than try (and fail) to squeeze out a 1-0. The fans and the team need to work together.
  • edited February 2013
    Redskin said:

An oxymoron if ever there was one.

Yes your right, but I still have in my memory the DVD Pride and
    Premiership which I watched with my dad shortly before he died, and as well as playing better footie with better players , the thing that hit me was the fact that the Valley was a cauldron, teams used to hate coming here, it was like they knew they were going to work their nuts off if they were going to take points off us, rather than the soft touch at home we've become at home this season, ( other teams must love coming here, as they know its easy to shut the crowd up and get something out of the game).

After 30 wins last season , 15 at home, and 15 away, I think I got spoilt a bit , and also got a bit complacent this season , maybe not singing as much I would have done ( Ok there's not been too much to cheer I hear you say).

But we can't just roll over every week and have our tummies tickled , the rot has got to stop, we have to fight back and sing our hearts out for the lads , I realize if we did get promotion one day back to the Premiership we in all honesty would be the whipping boys and most likely take a pasting most weekends, but we're a long way away from all they at the moment , we just need to continue to get behind the team that's all , I think the fans have been very patient and realize the financial restraints we are under ( no signings in January / the crap pitch etc) I'm sure the players would sooner prefer to hear the fans singing for the team rather than turning on them, lets leave that too Millwall fans to do.
  • Redskin said:

An oxymoron if ever there was one.

Yes your right, but I still have in my memory the DVD Pride and
    Premiership which I watched with my dad shortly before he died, and as well as playing better footie with better players , the thing that hit me was the fact that the Valley was a cauldron, teams used to hate coming here, it was like they knew they were going to work their nuts off if they were going to take points off us, rather than the soft touch at home we've become at home this season, ( other teams must love coming here, as they know its easy to shut the crowd up and get something out of the game).

After 30 wins last season , 15 at home, and 15 away, I think I got spoilt a bit , and also got a bit complacent this season , maybe not singing as much I would have done ( Ok there's not been too much to cheer I hear you say).

But we can't just roll over every week and have our tummies tickled , the rot has got to stop, we have to fight back and sing our hearts out for the lads , I realize if we did get promotion one day back to the Premiership we in all honesty would be the whipping boys and most likely take a pasting most weekends, but we're a long way away from all they at the moment , we just need to continue to get behind the team that's all , I think the fans have been very patient and realize the financial restraints we are under ( no signings in January / the crap pitch etc) I'm sure the players would sooner prefer to hear the fans singing for the team rather than turning on them, lets leave that too Millwall fans to do.
    Well said, MIA .

I intend to shout myself hoarse ( or should that be horse in light of recent news ?) on Saturday !

• I still blame the over-cooked steak slices................
  • Not so much a fortress as a sandcastle these days I am afraid. A win on Saturday is critical
  • I admire the rallying call, and I will be shouting and singing as loud as anyone. However I do not accept that we have to send out a negative team to play negative football like last Saturday, when we still have the same squad who beat wealthy Leicester, and stormed past Cardiff who will be in the premiership next season. Lets have some positivity please.
  • Bring a friend to Bolton
    Posted: Thu 28 Feb 2013
    Author: Matt Wright

Season-ticket holders are being urged to bring family and friends with them to The Valley to watch Charlton’s Championship match against Bolton Wanderers on Easter Saturday
    Matt Wright reports

Season-ticket holders are being urged to bring family and friends with them to The Valley to watch Charlton’s Championship match against Bolton Wanderers on Easter Saturday.

Tickets went on sale on Thursday morning at standard prices for the fixture against the Trotters on Saturday, March 30th (3pm).

But as part of a special offer, season-ticket holders can purchase up to two extra adult places for just £10 apiece and up to two U18 tickets for just £5 apiece. The additional tickets must be located in the same stand as the purchaser’s season ticket.

With the cheapest adult ticket for the match against Bolton priced £20, fans will save at least £10 on each adult place they purchase, while the U18 rate is half-price.

Tickets can be purchased in person at the Valley commercial centre or by calling 0871 226 1905 from 9am-5pm weekdays and 10am-1pm non-matchday Saturdays.

Places can also be bought online - but the special offer to season-ticket holders is not available online.

Standard matchday prices are £20, £22 and £25 adults, with over 60s paying £13, £18 and £20. All U18s are £10 and all U11s are £5. The price for parents accompanied by U18s in the family stand is £15.

Fans can also book return coach travel via the Valley Express service, fare £7. For a full list of pick-up points and times, click here.

* View the latest ticket information here.