Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Teams we've played at three or more away venues

edited February 2013 in General Charlton
Stonemuse mentioned that we will soon play Brighton at the Amex having already met them at two other grounds in the Goldstone and the Withdean.

We've also played Reading, Derby and Sunderland at three away or neutral venues (not counting the Valley, Selhurst or Upton Park.

Who else have we played at three or more venues and who have we played at the most venues home and away?

Sunderland is six. Anyone who can beat that?

Comments

• edited February 2013
    Played Sunderland at Wembley too.

(I guess you're not counting neutral grounds though?)
  • I was counting Wembley as one of the six
  • Bristol rovers 3?
  • edited February 2013

Bristol rovers 3?

Eastville, Twerton Park and The Memorial Ground.

Seen us at the last 2 but too young to see us at Eastville in the late 70's

• edited February 2013

I was counting Wembley as one of the six

Didn't we play Sunderland at Selhurst then? I'm sure I remember watching them at Upton Park, but just assumed we met them at Selhurst too?

*Edit - just read he OP properly - now I understand (I think!) At first I thought you were saying Sunderland had had three home grounds.
  • First game there
  • We've played Derby at 6 different grounds too.
  • Arsenal,4 grounds Wembley,White Hart Lane,Highbury and The Emerites.
    Villa,3 grounds Villa Park,Stamford Bridge,Highbury.
    Man Utd 3 grounds Old Trafford,Maine Road,Leeds Road.
  • edited February 2013
    Leicester possible 5
    Valley , upton park , walkers , filbert st and possibly selhurst ?

Sorry just re read thread , home doesn't count doh !
  • Henry ~ you have created a bit of confusion there, old bean
  • Sponsored links:

• Didnt we play Brighton when they shared with Gillingham?
  • Henry ~ you have created a bit of confusion there, old bean

Unintentionally.

Two questions

1 teams we've played at the most away/neutral venue?

2 teams we've played at the most away/neutral/home venues.

Derby is another sixer I think.

Man utd is a good one but didn't play them at UP so only five I think.

QPR might be interesting. Loftus, Craven Cottage and did we play them at White City?
  • Wimbledon/MK Dons - just need to draw AFC inthe Cup and we'll have played the same 3 different teams at 4 different away grounds !!
  • Bristol Rovers- 7 -The Valley, Catford, Selhurst, Upton Park, Eastville, Twerton Park, The Memorial
  • Didnt we play Brighton when they shared with Gillingham?

No
  • Bristol Rovers- 7 -The Valley, Catford, Selhurst, Upton Park, Eastville, Twerton Park, The Memorial

Sounds like it could be a winner. Can you confirm we played them at the Mount and Selhurst? Remember the other five.

Sounds like it could be a winner. Can you confirm we played them at the Mount and Selhurst? Remember the other five.
    We have played them at the 7 grounds mention.

We have played them at the 7 grounds mention.
    Played Bristol Rovers at Selhurst in 1991, drew 2-2
  • Thought that was Upton Park but it was a long time ago
  • We've played Bolton at 3 away grounds if you count the 46 semi at Villa Park
  • Sponsored links:

Nice one.

Did we play them at UP and/or SP?
  • Can't say I was present, but Colin Camerons Tome has us playing Rovers at Catford.

http://www.britishpathe.com/video/cup-semi-final-bolton-v-charlton/query/Association

Nice one.

Don't think we did.
  • didn't play Bolton between 1983 and 1993 from the site i look at (although it has missed out fixtures before but not often)

Nice one.

Don't think we did.
    Brunden Park, ReeboK, Villa Park
  • didn't play Bolton between 1983 and 1993 from the site i look at (although it has missed out fixtures before but not often)

We sent the Trotters down.

Last game of the season, winner stays up, 1 down with 20 to go, we win 4 - 1
  • Bristol City - Valley, Upton Park, Selhurst Park, Eastville, St Lepe
  • Bristol City - Valley, Upton Park, Selhurst Park, Eastville, St Lepe

Think you mean Ashton Gate rather than Eastville.

• MrLargo said:

Bristol City - Valley, Upton Park, Selhurst Park, Eastville, St Lepe

Think you mean Ashton Gate rather than Eastville.

Yes, indeed!!!