Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Odemwingie jokes

Apologies if there is another thread but I couldn't see one, so here's to Peter Odemwingie #idiot and a link to some of the tweets dong the rounds right now:

http://footballburp.com/magazine/the-best-peter-odemwingie-deadline-day-jokes/

Comments

• I feel for the guy.
    He's coming to the end of his career, really wanted the move. Must have thought a fee had been agreed.
    It's not like the 2 clubs hadn't been negociating.
    Maybe he forgot the prerequisite brown envelope for Harry.
  • Apparently WBA hadn't given QPR permission to speak to the player so not sure if they were negotiating at all. But in this day and age Odemwingie should have known that every move on transfer deadline day would come under the spot-light and making your way to another club before anything was agreed was pretty stupid. He's now going to understand the full force of being a national joke and the full force of the Baggies fans' anger. Rock and a hard place...
  • edited February 2013
    Gazza and Alan Partridge gags are quality. And George Boyd.
  • If he hadn't made it to QPR if WBA had given permission he wouldn't have had time to sort it all out. I bet BWP and Green were in Swindon yesterday, for example.

What was stupid was talking to the media as if he'd already joined them.
  • The Holly Willoughby one was my favorite by a long way.
  • he will score on saturday and kiss the badge
  • the one of him trying to climb in the window got me
  • I think his agent hasn't exactly done him any favours either. Yeah Odenwingie has shown a staggering display of poor common sense but surely his agent knew about the plan of driving down to west London. Why didnt he book him into a hotel or something and sit it out waiting for the phone to ring? Thats what everyone else does. Odenwingie is thick as two short planks but he's been poorly advised as well imo.
  • Deserves to rot in the reserves. What a two-bob arrogant prick! What he should have done is shut his big mouth up on twitter and knuckled down and got on with his job which is working hard for the people who actually pay his wages and the supporters of West Bromwich Albion.
  • Hardly helping himself today, either:
    West Brom striker Peter Odemwingie regrets trying to force a move to QPR on transfer deadline day.

However, the 31-year-old insists his long-term future remains away from The Hawthorns.

Odemwingie arrived at Loftus Road but West Brom said no fee had been agreed and he was not free to discuss personal terms.

"I am a very emotional person who sometimes doesn't think," he told Sky Sports News on Friday.

"I will still leave the club. It is only a matter of time."

Baggies chairman Jeremy Peace accused Odemwingie of acting unprofessionally over the apparent attempt to open talks without the club's permission.

Odemwingie had appeared optimistic that a deal could be reached when he was interviewed on his arrival in west London on Thursday.

"I hope they will be happy with what they get and, of course, they want to get in players themselves. I just hope that everything will be sorted out in the next few hours," he told Sky Sports News at the time.

But Odemwingie said on Friday: "When I went on television that is when they (West Brom) said 'that's it, the deal is off'.

"I understand I have to honour any contract but the club know I have wanted to leave for some time now.

"They feel I can overcome that but they are not the ones who know their own heart. They believe while I am struggling I can keep performing on the pitch."
  • Sponsored links:

• New song by Odemwingie "Sign Me Maybe"..."Hey, I just drove here. And this is crazy. I'm in your car park. So sign me maybe"

• "I understand I have to honour any contract but the club know I have wanted to leave for some time now."

What a plum. I understand I have to honour a contract, but I don't want to and expect my current employer to take account of that.
  • Can't agree with his actions in the slightest and hope he's left to rot in the reserves but................what exactly are Albion hoping to achieve by keeping him? He isn't going to be motivated to perform well and the fans will be on his back
  • Can't agree with his actions in the slightest and hope he's left to rot in the reserves but................what exactly are Albion hoping to achieve by keeping him? He isn't going to be motivated to perform well and the fans will be on his back

Proves they can't be blackmailed easily, may be important in the future.
  • Wants to move to London asap.

Sounds like a loan to SE7 from next Friday, for the rest of the season.
  • He could come to us to see what the Championship is like cos thats where he would be next season if he had signed for QPR.
  • He has been linked with moves away before but not made all this fuss...QPR must have offered the most money of any potential deal.

Cannot think of any other reason why he would so keen to join them.

• Im generally suprised by his actions as seemed like a good guy from the brief times i have met him, make's me wonder if the complete story is not in the public domain.

We will see.
  • Yes...there clearly has been some falling out.

Trouble is ranting on twitter and doing the rounds yesterday hardly help his image.

Mind you Tevez walked out for 6 months and seems to be fully loved by the Man City fans...

Had he just handed in a transfer request without all the fuss I think people wouldn't be so negative.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited February 2013
    In an interview he stated, "well, I heard that old 'Arry has o dem wingin' when it comes to transfers but I just couldn't understand why the envelope I had was the wrong colour. It was an expensive white one with gold leaf borders - he rejected that and wanted a BROWN one..." ;-)
  • He's going to Palace on loan. Incredibly good, and irritating, signing from them.
  • ^^ what?? thats ridiculous, how can he go there? not impressed very good signing

Still believe its the media who have blown this out of proportion and maybe a lack of common sense from the player, apparentally the deal was done which involved another player(unknown) who pulled out at the last minute and obviously Odem wasn't told this so turned up at QPR. Feel sorry for the bloke really seems nice enough
  • He's going to Palace on loan. Incredibly good, and irritating, signing from them.

Not quite

Richard Cawley ‏@RichCawleySLP

#cpfc contacted to ask if they would be interested in Peter Odemwingie on loan. Unsurprisingly said yes.

Doesnt say who was doing the contacting but I would imagine either WBA and/or his agent are ring a few London clubs.

Doubt we could afford the wages

• Or the loan fee they're rumored to be paying.
  • Very, very strange business all of this, something does not seem right at all.
  • Sending him to palARSE as a punishment is a bit harsh
  • Very, very strange business all of this, something does not seem right at all.

What's strange about it? He has no future at West brom, so he has to be loaned out. He can't be loaned to another premier league side so obviously it has to be a championship side. So who? Well Cardiff just bought Campbell so they're not an option. Leicester just bought Wood and are flying. So where better than the side with £15m burning a hole who can afford to pay a decent loan fee.
  • edited February 2013
    It's strange because West Brom had the chance to sell him to QPR for a decent fee but then refused to sell him after his 'car park' antics.

A couple of days later they supposedly give him the green light to go to Palace for what will be a much smaller loan fee.

West Brom might as well have just sold the player to QPR and taken the cash, he obviously does not want to play for them anymore and it's very hard for him to actually play for them now anyway.

There is NO guarantee Palace will go up and be able to buy Odemwingie so West Brom could end up keeping hold of a player they can't play - but are paying 15k per week - and will only get a small fee by next season as he is out of contract in June 2014.

Should have sold him off as a bad lot for 3 million or whatever it was when QPR were desperate, bad business in my view - there is no point keeping a payer who is desperate to leave.
  • It's strange because West Brom had the chance to sell him to QPR for a decent fee but then refused to sell him after his 'car park' antics.

A couple of days later they supposedly give him the green light to go to Palace for what will be a much smaller loan fee.

West Brom might as well have just sold the player to QPR and taken the cash, he obviously does not want to play for them anymore and it's very hard for him to actually play for them now anyway.

There is NO guarantee Palace will go up and be able to buy Odemwingie so West Brom could end up keeping hold of a player they can't play - but are paying 15k per week - and will only get a small fee by next season as he is out of contract in June 2014.

Should have sold him off as a bad lot for 3 million or whatever it was when QPR were desperate, bad business in my view - there is no point keeping a payer who is desperate to leave.

I don't get it!