Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Leicester Away - possible date change?

Apparently this could be put back 24hrs to the Wednesday night.

If true, does anyone know if there's a way to get advance train tickets transferred without having to pay twice?

Comments

• Something similar happened a couple of years ago when we were sweat to Bristol and South West trains helped out, but it's very much at the operators discretion and I believe it was dealt with via the club last time
  • why? and i hope this really doesnt happen!
  • If Leicester win their FA Cup replay against Huddersfield, then the 5th round game against Wigan will be on sunday 17th.
  • If they beat Huddersfield in the cup on 12 Feb, their next round game is on the Sunday 17th Feb. So they're going to postpone ours by 24hrs - but we won't know until 12th Feb, so all cheap advance fares will probably have gone up then.
  • Do we not have to agree to the date change too?

Why should we do them a favour, can't we tell them to stick it.
  • Phew that was a close call, was thinking of booking everything the other day.
  • Nearly booked trains and hotels yesterday but decided to wait. Pleased I did.
  • All english teams in the europa league play their premier league games on the sunday now.
    I thought it was a rule that you couldn't play twice in 48 hours, other than when the christmas/easter schedules are sorted.
  • Apparently this could be put back 24hrs to the Wednesday night.

If true, does anyone know if there's a way to get advance train tickets transferred without having to pay twice?

I've never done it, but I believe the T&C's say you can do it. It's a refund that they don't do on advance tickets.
    Having said that Megabus (trains) refunded my advance tickets once. I wrote & sent them to them, not expecting a reply, but they recredited my card.
  • They are playing Wolves tonight
  • Sponsored links:

• Charlton have confirmed that if Leicester do get to the 5th round our game will be put back to the Wednesday
  • If the replay is not until the 12th then a week is v.little time to (re)arrange things. Why not just move it now and be done with it.

oh - that is the easy way - so no chance of that happening then !!!
  • really hope this doesnt happen!
  • Apparently this could be put back 24hrs to the Wednesday night.

Usually with advanced tickets if it's more than 24 hours before you can change the day without losing the whole fee. However their maybe a £10 admin fee. Think it depends.

• I think we should ask Yann what he wants
  • They just said on FA Cup commentary that Huddersfield have to play again on Tuesday night. So why did our fixture have to change if Leicester had got through?
  • because we are mugs and always bow down to other clubs/police requests......