Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Scott Parker

Comments

• Next year Scott
  • But Curbishley's response made his views clear on the conduct of both Chelsea and Parker, who signed a new five-year contract with the Addicks only six months ago.

"The bottom line is that Scott, from the moment he heard Chelsea were interested, hasn't wanted to play for us and has been totally not focused on what he was doing," said Curbishley, who left the England man out of Charlton's last Premiership game at Everton.

Scott who ?
  • He ain't been playing in the top flight for 16 years.
  • edited January 2013
    Read the article, Not one mention of Charlton.

Do one Spotty.
  • Oggy Red said:

Do one Spotty.

Why should it mention Charlton? Its about what medals he does and doesn't have from his career. He didn't get any at Charlton that could have been mentioned.

I'm still a big fan of his. He's the best player we've probably ever produced.
  • cafctom said:

Oggy Red said:

Do one Spotty.

Why should it mention Charlton? Its about what medals he does and doesn't have from his career. He didn't get any at Charlton that could have been mentioned.

Is he fuck. Lee was better than him and it was a miracle we held on to him as long as we did. Plus he never asked to go.
  • Wanker.
  • yep, I'm not a big Parker fan after the way he reacted when Chelsea came in. Curbs said it all really.
  • Agree with all the above and a stupid haircut to boot
  • Jeez what a load of something and nothing. Why on earth would Charlton be mentioned in that article? I think some of you wouldn't accept it if it looked like this:

Parker: I want to play for Addicks

Scott Parker, with just one League cup medal to show for 16 years in top flight football insists his biggest regret is not staying at Charlton.
    'I loved it at The Valley' said the 32-year-old Tottenham midfielder as he prepared for a nothing-match in which The Addicks aren't involved.
    'I was a stupid greedy little boy who thought the grass was greener when I saw the opportunity to buy a Jaguar, a Rolex and to complete my collection of rare Pokemon cards. My agent conned me rotten by telling me I'd be playing in Europe with Chelsea. In reality, I just developed deep vein thrombosis as kept sitting on my arris day after day'.
    Last year's losing FA Cup semi-final, playing for Spurs against Chelsea, hurt. But not as much as other cup defeats. Parker spoke candidly about not being picked for Charlton against Walsall in 2002. 'I was one of our best players that season', he said 'obviously nowhere near as good as Robert Lee, but I was still pretty handy. If I'd been picked to play that day, I could have protected our defence and stopped the early goals that handed victory to the The Saddlers'.
    In a tear-drenched interview, Parker revealed his love for Charlton and the anguish and hurt he felt at having turned his back on the club that taught him everything he knows. 'I'm really very sorry' he said, tears rolling down his cheeks, 'I'd like to apologise to Mr Curbishley and Mr Murray. They were only trying to do their best for me. They were like dads, conjoined dads, to me and I just got it so badly wrong. I'm also very sorry to the Charlton fans; the best fans in the world. I'd like nothing better than to come back and score lots of goals for them. I'd do it for free'.
    In a surprising twist Parker revealed that he has banked all of his transfer money and 90% of the wages he has earned ever since that fateful move. 'I'm going to give it to CAST' he said 'so that they can buy the club and bring Lionel Messi to SE7. That way I can die a happy man. God, I love Charlton'.
  • Sponsored links:

• Thanks Stig. That's given me the first smile of the day...............
  • Stig said:

Jeez what a load of something and nothing. Why on earth would Charlton be mentioned in that article? I think some of you wouldn't accept it if it looked like this:

Scott Parker, with just one League cup medal to show for 16 years in top flight football insists his biggest regret is not staying at Charlton.
    'I loved it at The Valley' said the 32-year-old Tottenham midfielder as he prepared for a nothing-match in which The Addicks aren't involved.
    'I was a stupid greedy little boy who thought the grass was greener when I saw the opportunity to buy a Jaguar, a Rolex and to complete my collection of rare Pokemon cards. My agent conned me rotten by telling me I'd be playing in Europe with Chelsea. In reality, I just developed deep vein thrombosis as kept sitting on my arris day after day'.
    Last year's losing FA Cup semi-final, playing for Spurs against Chelsea, hurt. But not as much as other cup defeats. Parker spoke candidly about not being picked for Charlton against Walsall in 2002. 'I was one of our best players that season', he said 'obviously nowhere near as good as Robert Lee, but I was still pretty handy. If I'd been picked to play that day, I could have protected our defence and stopped the early goals that handed victory to the The Saddlers'.
    In a tear-drenched interview, Parker revealed his love for Charlton and the anguish and hurt he felt at having turned his back on the club that taught him everything he knows. 'I'm really very sorry' he said, tears rolling down his cheeks, 'I'd like to apologise to Mr Curbishley and Mr Murray. They were only trying to do their best for me. They were like dads, conjoined dads, to me and I just got it so badly wrong. I'm also very sorry to the Charlton fans; the best fans in the world. I'd like nothing better than to come back and score lots of goals for them. I'd do it for free'.
    In a surprising twist Parker revealed that he has banked all of his transfer money and 90% of the wages he has earned ever since that fateful move. 'I'm going to give it to CAST' he said 'so that they can buy the club and bring Lionel Messi to SE7. That way I can die a happy man. God, I love Charlton'.

If Carlsburg did player interviews....

Great stuff stig
  • To be fair to him, he was the only one who was playing as if he wanted to win the FA Cup yesterday. The other 10 players out there were bloody awful.
  • Great work stig, I knew Parker as a kid and he was ok just a normal young boy with ambition, he grew up in a s"@&£y estate in camberwell and maybe when he saw a way of really changing things for his whole family he took it, I know one of the first things he done was buy his little sister Leanne a car and naturally he took care of his parents too, yes he was greedy and he made the biggest mistake of his career when he left Charlton, I was just as peeved at him as everyone else but I'm not sure he deserves to be hated for the rest of his life because of it. Maybe the lack of medals he has at top flight football is Karma's way of biting him in the bum.
  • cafctom said:

Oggy Red said:

Do one Spotty.

Is he fuck. Lee was better than him and it was a miracle we held on to him as long as we did. Plus he never asked to go.
    Would certainly put Robert lee and Richard Rufus along side Parker as the best youngsters the club have produced.
  • Great player, left under a cloud, I've forgiven him. I love the way he plays football, gets fouled gets up gets on with it, not like the nancy boys who roll around waving an imaginary card. I'd welcome him back tomorrow!
  • Was the best player we produced with Rufus second. I still think the day he left was the start of our decline. I really felt in the weeks before that we could have beaten anyone we were buzzing. Shame he didnt bwait until the end of the season and then evaluate things then, would have been accepted much more if he decided to move then but these things happen.

• Would certainly put Robert lee and Richard Rufus along side Parker as the best youngsters the club have produced.

And Jermain Defoe
  • Was the best player we produced with Rufus second. I still think the day he left was the start of our decline. I really felt in the weeks before that we could have beaten anyone we were buzzing. Shame he didnt bwait until the end of the season and then evaluate things then, would have been accepted much more if he decided to move then but these things happen.

Ot was a shame he left he way he did, but at the end of the day we got a fortune for him £11m. If Curbs had cut his losses earlier in the transfer window, maybe we could have brought in a couple of replacement players to help our end of season push for Europe.
  • Shelvey will be better.
  • Sponsored links:

• Riviera said:

Would certainly put Robert lee and Richard Rufus along side Parker as the best youngsters the club have produced.

And Jermain Defoe
    Never played a single first team game, wish people would stop saying Defoe is one of the best players we ever had.... Its like saying Barnes is the best CAFC player ever.
  • Stig said:

Jeez what a load of something and nothing. Why on earth would Charlton be mentioned in that article? I think some of you wouldn't accept it if it looked like this:

Great stuff.
  • Stig said:

At last Parker has seen the light. :-0
  • He certainly didn't do us any favours when he left, we had an outside chance of Europe that season. But in truth, there aren't many if any on here who would stay at a place of employment if someone came in and offered them significantly better deal. That is the way it is unfortunately. However having said all that, as ISSS alluded, players like Lee, Kinsella and Keilly never forced the clubs hand to move.
  • Scotty was great for us but he left a bad taste in the way he moved on.

Although he has had a very good (not great) career, in some ways I think he declined a bit as a player when he left us. I remember a great box to box midfielder, running at defences, making goals and scoring a few too. Now I see (and have for many seasons) a player who is always available to take and give a short pass and gets his challenges in. That's it - no attacking ambition, no excitement, just a tougher tackling version of "the crab" Ray Wilkins. I think he would have been a better player if he had stayed with us, helped keep us in the Prem.
  • SE10 said:

Shelvey will be better.

"This."
  • Davo55 said:

Scotty was great for us but he left a bad taste in the way he moved on.

Although he has had a very good (not great) career, in some ways I think he declined a bit as a player when he left us. I remember a great box to box midfielder, running at defences, making goals and scoring a few too. Now I see (and have for many seasons) a player who is always available to take and give a short pass and gets his challenges in. That's it - no attacking ambition, no excitement, just a tougher tackling version of "the crab" Ray Wilkins. I think he would have been a better player if he had stayed with us, helped keep us in the Prem.

Agreed, he scored a few great goals to pull us back into the game and always had an energy about him inside the box. I remember his last game at wolves when he was utterly superb, bombing forward (against curbs' orders) and then still tracking back and breaking up attacks.

Great player but could've been even greater.

Well, I suppose his accountant and bank manager don't mind!
  • Funny how Curbs got over it enough to sign him for Wet Spam but we never did.
    I also think we all 'know' a very one-sided view of what Parker did or didn't do.
  • shine166 said:

Riviera said:

And Jermain Defoe
    Never played a single first team game, wish people would stop saying Defoe is one of the best players we ever had.... Its like saying Barnes is the best CAFC player ever.
    He didn't say he was one of the best players we best plays we ever had, he said he was one of the best players we've produced.
  • I hated the way in which he left, but oh boy how we could do with him now !