Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Killer in Gravesend ! (NWKA Q+A meeting TONIGHT, Gravesend, open to all)

Derek " Killer" Hales and Peter Shaw will be the guests of NWKA at The Pavilion, Bat & Ball, Wrotham Rd, DA11 0QP on Thursday 24th January , 8pm start. This will be an " Adults only " Q & A ....or as BDL said, " Jean, bring your ear muffs"! A 3rd former player's attendance is awaiting confirmation & an update will be given later.

All NWKA members welcome, non members can join on the night - adults( over 18's) £6, over 60's £2. Memberships valid until end of July and all members' names will be entered into the free end of season draw for a shirt signed by the playing squad and manager.

Usual raffle with some Charlton memorabilia included in the prizes.

This is a new venue for the Group and we're hoping that Gravesend /Medway area based Addicks will attend in numbers.

Any queries etc, please contact Jean on 07757 661403 or at jeanhuelin@sky.com

See you there !

Comments

• Alarming thread title ;-)

Happy to amend if people think it's in bad taste.

Just thought it might get some interest going.

Mea culpa.

• Having just moved to Greenhithe I may well come down for this.
  • Crickey , that woke me up!
  • Phew ! Thanks, Lads.

Thought I'd blown this one....
  • Why the change of venue Fanny ?
  • Why the change of venue Fanny ?

We are always aware of the fact that NWKA ( rebranded from the original NWK CASC , and originally from, I believe Gravesend CASC) "covers" the Gravesend as well as the Dartford area, and surrounding villages.

Whilst Bexley Park Sports & Social Club , very close to the A2 , is the usual choice of venue, members (and Gravesend based c'tee members) have indicated that we should not forget their needs...and for those without transport, BSSC is difficult to reach from Gravesend by bus/train.

We have staged events in that area before, using The Manor Hotel, Singlewell for several Q & As , notably when we welcomed Curbs but the cost of this venue is now prohibitive.

So, having been offered The Pavilion at a very good rate, we decided to try once more to attract our friends from that area. Kent CC supporters will remember that the county used to play at the Bat & Ball Ground some years ago so it will be good to revisit an old haunt.

We are hopeful of a good turn out as future consideration to organising events in the area may be affected so please try to give us, Derek & Peter your support. Thanks.

Something I omitted earlier was that all profits from NWKA events this season will be donated to Demelza House.

Mea culpa.

Was only joking fanny ;-)

Mea culpa.

Was only joking fanny ;-)
    OK, RCT.

Wasn't going to change it anyway !!

• Not just a bump.....but important news for those thinking of coming along.

Entry to this event is now free ! It has been decided that on this occasion, NWKA welcome all Addicks free of charge - although we hope you will buy a couple of books of raffle tkts each if you decide to join us !

See you there !

• Sponsored links:

• buckshee said:

Having just moved to Greenhithe I may well come down for this.

Ingress Park I hope?

• Look forward to meeting you, DA9
  • Would love to be there Fanny but just can't get there (not driving any more). Remember the Bat and Ball well from my schooldays when us Tech. boys used to tackle an assault course of walls and outbuildings behind the pub to bunk into the ground and watch County games for free. Happy days. Have a great night.
  • DA9 said:

buckshee said:

Ingress Park I hope?

No , just behind the high st.
  • edited January 2013
    DA9 said:

buckshee said:

Ingress Park I hope?

Just announced: Charlton will in future play all 1st team Cup games at Egress Park.

• Still not sure I'd go ;)
  • March51 said:

Would love to be there Fanny but just can't get there (not driving any more). Remember the Bat and Ball well from my schooldays when us Tech. boys used to tackle an assault course of walls and outbuildings behind the pub to bunk into the ground and watch County games for free. Happy days. Have a great night.

Aw, thanks for that, March51.

Wondering whereabouts you live ? maybe we couod get someone local to you to give you a lift ?

Message me if you think it's a possibility, please.

• I had a wonderful night at the last NWKA meet when CP was the guest, and of course getting a kiss from fanny! I hope this evening is as great a success as that one was Jean.
    All the very best to you all.
    Christian.
  • buckshee said:

DA9 said:

buckshee said:

Ingress Park I hope?

Eagles Rd or Sara Crescent then, nice area to be in.
  • ozaddick said:

I had a wonderful night at the last NWKA meet when CP was the guest, and of course getting a kiss from fanny! I hope this evening is as great a success as that one was Jean.
    All the very best to you all.
    Christian.

Thanks again, Christian. Missing you already.....

• Sponsored links:

• DA9 said:

buckshee said:

DA9 said:

buckshee said:

Ingress Park I hope?

Eagles Rd or Sara Crescent then, nice area to be in.
    Close , Smugglers. I can tell you one thing it's a lot quieter than south London.
  • Bump

Does the event kick off bang on 8 Fanny ?
  • BUMP !

Weather & icy conditions permitting , this event will take place as originally advertised with Derek & Peter as our guests. Should there be any problems or amendments to the evening, details will be posted on here and if possible , on the OS.

Please endeavour to join us for what should be an entertaining evening with free entry to all.

Buckshee - apologies for not seeing your post earlier, but yes, the meeting is due to start promptly at 8pm. Hope to see you there.

As always, just ask for Fanny.....
  • *****IMPORTANT NEWS *******

Tonight's meeting has now been re confirmed following the thaw and Derek will be in full flow at The Pavilion tonight from 8pm.

Unfortunately, Peter Shaw has had to bow out due to illness and we wish him well in his recovery.

The good news is that Valley favourite, Phil Warman has agreed to take his place even though he is recovering from an operation on his drinking hand....seriously !

Phil was known as the comedian of the early 70's team so, together with Killer's legendary humour, we should be in for a highly entertaining evening.

I look forward to meeting up with other Lifers tonight at this very special event .

Let's be 'avin you !!!!
  • We'll get there at just after half seven then to get signed up. Looking forward to it.
  • Great, buckshee ! See you there.
  • Hope to see you there (if I can find it). Can't miss the opportunity to see two of my all time favourites!
  • Hope to see you there (if I can find it). Can't miss the opportunity to see two of my all time favourites!

Great again !!! If you get lost ring me please on 07757 661403.

• Blimey, I got out alive!
  • Excellent (if somewhat x rated) event, thanks for welcoming CAS Trust into your bosom NWKA, the feeling is mutual.