Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Mancini/Balotelli Bust-Up

I know they've had their falling-outs before but this looks pretty bad:

bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/20901006

Comments

• Options
    Banter...
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    4th choice striker, massively over-rated and over-paid, plus he's a pain in the arse.

Why do they insist on keeping him!?
  • Options

4th choice striker, massively over-rated and over-paid, plus he's a pain in the arse.

Why do they insist on keeping him!?

Not sure it's their choice. Other clubs keep looking at him and saying "On second thoughts..."

• Options
    That looks like the last straw for Mancini, shame as i really like Balotelli, great character to have in the game and all round nice guy the 3 times i have been lucky enough to meet him but he is not the sort of player manager's love, think he will be off back to Italy and English football will be more boring for it.

Personally have more respect for him then so many of the so called "English" footballing heroes before we get many comments calling him a disgrace and the worst aspect of football because of his on pitch/training ground antics.

• Options
    Balotelli's gonna end up being one of those players that could play for the best clubs in the world but they wouldn't touch him with a barge pole. Will end up being a legend for a mid table prem club like another maverick Italian striker by the name of di canio...
  • Options
    I can see him being on an Ibrahimovich level. All the ability but never really fulfils the expectations due to letting his ego get in the way.
  • Options
    edited January 2013

That looks like the last straw for Mancini, shame as i really like Balotelli, great character to have in the game and all round nice guy the 3 times i have been lucky enough to meet him but he is not the sort of player manager's love, think he will be off back to Italy and English football will be more boring for it.

Personally have more respect for him then so many of the so called "English" footballing heroes before we get many comments calling him a disgrace and the worst aspect of football because of his on pitch/training ground antics.

Perhaps he is a nice guy, however he's complete lack of respect for authority is a disgrace.

Dont get me wrong, i like to f*ck about every now and then and was a shitbag at school, but this guy is paid to do a job and his antics must be wearing really thin with Manchester City fans.

Could you imagine the melt down in SE7 if there was a well paid player acting like he does on a regular basis. Its all well and good saying English football will be worse off...until he's doing it at your club! The blokes had more chances than should be allowed imo.
  • Options

Perhaps he is a nice guy, however he's complete lack of respect for authority is a disgrace.

Dont get me wrong, i like to f*ck about every now and then and was a shitbag at school, but this guy is paid to do a job and his antics must be wearing really thin with Manchester City fans.

Could you imagine the melt down in SE7 if there was a well paid player acting like he does on a regular basis. Its all well and good saying English football will be worse off...until he's doing it at your club! The blokes had more chances than should be allowed imo.
    What i meant really is im guessing the press and many fans will all be over him and calling him a disgrace for the way he is in work, where as i have more respect for him then many of the so called heroes of this country like Rooney/Terry/Ferdinand and the other's as at least he is a decent and good man off the pitch.

• Options
    But arent you basing your opinion of people like Rooney from what you read in the papers?

If anything Balotelli's actions are more likely to affect his status as a 'role model' with kids, who are seeing his consistent bad attitude for themselves.
  • Options
    cafctom said:

I can see him being on an Ibrahimovich level. All the ability but never really fulfils the expectations due to letting his ego get in the way.

Yeah, all those titles Ibra has won clearly means he has never reached his potential.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited January 2013
    No i have met all 3 of those players in person just like Balotelli and combining that with the incidents that have got them in the papers have come to that opinion, Balotelli is the worst kind of person you want as a manager but he does not fail as a human being like so many of the players we hold up as heroes not just the english one's.

• Options
    cafctom said:

Ibrahimovic has won a league title in every country he's played in and has been a key player everywhere he's been. I think he's on a different level to Mario.
  • Options
    looks like a friendly Italian love-in to me, just looks like it got a bit hairy in a training game, which Mancini takes part in from time to time, nothing more nothing less
  • Options
    Probably a lot of fuss about nothing very interesting - a nice summary of his time in England. Is he really any better than eg. Fuller during his time at Stoke? An occasional eye-catching goal followed by long periods of very little to merit spending £24m. Tiresome, over-rated, and over-endulged. Other than some silly posturing, what's all the fuss about?
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    Di Canio and Lisbie cuffed each other round the ear on the training ground didnt they? Tho that is far different to having fisticuffs with the Manager. Cant imagine anyone cuffing curbs.
  • Options
    Paddy7 said:

Probably a lot of fuss about nothing very interesting - a nice summary of his time in England. Is he really any better than eg. Fuller during his time at Stoke? An occasional eye-catching goal followed by long periods of very little to merit spending £24m. Tiresome, over-rated, and over-endulged. Other than some silly posturing, what's all the fuss about?

Ha ha , nice one - that kinda sums it up for me too.

Seems to be almost unplayable on occasions, but those occasions seem few and far between and for the rest of the time he may as well not be playing as he can be a bit of a liability.

Still, I don't pretend to know too much about him so am happy to be put right by anyone who watches him regularly.
  • Options
    colthe3rd said:

cafctom said:

Yeah, all those titles Ibra has won clearly means he has never reached his potential.
    He may have won many trophies and he is of course a brilliant player. But for me, he had the potential to be even better had he got his attitude in check. He has never made it to 100 league appearances for any club in his career, which tells me something.
  • Options
    cafctom said:

WTF !

Assume this is a joke ?
  • Options
    se9addick said:

cafctom said:

WTF !

Assume this is a joke ?
    Must be, you only have to look at his goal record, teams played for and trophies won.
  • Options
    Must have imagine him smashing Germany single handed in an international semi final.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Yeah but could he do it on a cold january night in Stoke.

Just thought we needed that old nonsense football pundit comment.
  • Options
    Could we sign him on loan till end of season and get citeh to pay the wages
  • Options
    Twenty-two years old and has 8 major honours to his name. All while being a total liability, apparently.

Serie A - 3
    Coppa Italia - 1
    Supercoppa Italiana - 1
    UEFA Champions League - 1
    Premier League - 1
    FA Cup - 1

No doubt he has some issues to iron out if he's to truly deliver on his considerable potential but he does have massive potential and has shown more than just 'flashes', he just hasn't been as consistent as he could be.

His temper is no worse than Rooney's and the way he took Germany apart at the Euros puts anything Wayne has ever done at International level to shame.
  • Options
    Balotelli is no angel and has a bad boy streak but Mancini maybe a good technical coach but he is so bad at dealing with people.
  • Options
    a complete nut but we English appreciate eccentricity (sic) -------i like the guy.
  • Options
    Can't understand how anyone can defend Balotelli, regardless of ability. Citeh is the only Club where he could play in England, due to the owners investment. He has been average while playing for Citeh and nothing better. Mancini or Balotelli will go.......
  • Options
    If Mourinho thinks he's a bellend, then so do i
  • Options
    Balotelli coming in for plenty of stick on here, yet every report about this "bust up" seems to put the blame firmly on Mancini.
  • Options
    Ibrahimovic did the same thing when he was at Ajax and wanted a move. Who was his agent back then? Mino Raiola. The same as Balotelli's now.
  • Options

If Mourinho thinks he's a bellend, then so do i

Mourinho doesn't think John Terry is a bellend. I'd say that alone calls any judgement he ever makes between now and the end of time questionable.