Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Mark Clattenburg

Can't help but feel that the premier league was a lot cleaner when he was on gardening leave

The mans posture and demeanour was and some of his decisions today was questionable to say the least

Don't like him feel there's more about him than meets the eye

Comments

• "More about him than meets the eye"

Do you think he could be a jimmy
    Saville?
  • Poor decisions yesterday - would be quite aggrieved if I was a Norwich fan. Very poor.
  • No ii would t suggest that

I think he has the potential to be a nasty piece of work and I would not be surprised if in the future you read that he is well connected in the darker side of sport
  • The dark Side !!! he aint one of us mate.
  • "Clattenburg received criticism in 2002 following his failure to send off Stockport County defender Dave Challinor for a foul on Martin Pringle during a game against Grimsby Town.

Pringle's leg was broken in two places and his career effectively ended by the foul; Clattenburg opted to give only a yellow card to Challinor."
  • Not the dark side GH no way is he near that

The darker side 8)
  • He's always been a rotten ref, but he'll get far more leeway after the false accusations from Chelsea. People will be unwilling to criticise him too openly and he'll get away with ruining more football matches. Utter tosser
  • Agree with all of this. One of those refs that appears to revel in making poor decisions. A premiership Kettle.
  • He has a chequered history really won't be surprised of stories in the near future that involve his life away from footie
  • Not saying he is one of the best, butIn my opinion he only got the second penalty call for a possible penalty for Norwich wrong. West Ham penalty was a clear foul and shirt pulling (usual rubbish about if you give that you'll have to give 100 ag game from the WHU players). Bassong was all over the WHU player before it hit his hand and Cole didn't foul the Norwich player in the build up to the goal
  • Sponsored links:

• It was not the decisions that got my goat the most , could care less about wet spam or naarwich it's the mans demeanour that gives his game away
  • He has a chequered history really won't be surprised of stories in the near future that involve his life away from footie

Missionary work?
  • He's got a nice hair weave though. I might get one for myself.
  • according to mates in the north east, he would struggle to get past the 'Fit and proper persons test'
  • Rothko said:

according to mates in the north east, he would struggle to get past the 'Fit and proper persons test'

Why? For having a shit barnet?!
  • Hmmm. Sounds as though you were correct, NLA.

Nasty piece of work indeed !

• Obviously feel sorry for him in terms of the Chelsea allegations, but in general seems like a prick
  • I heard very similar yesterday evening very shady mr C very much so

I wondered why people were not really clamouring to the defence of him recently

There was a lot of out cry to how and what was done

But not many defendants of him and his personality

• Hmmm.

As Alice once said......
  • Sponsored links:

• Hmmm.

As Alice once said......

Schools out?

• buckshee said:

Hmmm.

As Alice once said......

Schools out?

:-)
  • buckshee said:

Hmmm.

As Alice once said......

Schools out?

Haha ! Nice try, buckshee but sadly not what I meant...

• What the feck is that rabbit wearing a great big clock for
  • "I hate that Grace Slick" ?
  • Never trust any plonker who has a personalised number plate.
  • That article is over three years old. Is there northing new since then, or was it all just speculation?
  • I would say a mixture of old facts new rumours and a small amount of inside footballer talk tbh

Not saying I believe it or what I make of it but I will certainly be watching his performances with a moot more interest
  • Firstly, that is a Daily Mail article about an email that doesn't read as greatly shocking and an accusation from someone anonymous. I don't get this whole idea of giving credence to anonymous and potentially malicious accusations. And going bust in an electrical business was not exactly uncommon around that time. Without knowing why how can you cast blame? One bad debt from a customer can be all it takes.

On the other hand, a dodgy weave.... Inexcusable!
  • The haircut sets the tone dodgy is the word