Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Watford away

Never been - which (of the 3) is the best station for the ground, how many tickets have we been allocated

Comments

• hopefully plenty as buying on the day
  • Watford High Street is nearest, but the trains are slow and stop everywhere.
    Watford Junction has the fast trains stopping there, but its a 15 to 20 min walk.
    Watford tube - forget it. Did it once. It's miles away and the tube takes forever to get there.
  • Going on London Midland then changing at Watford Junction for Watford High Street, cuts off about 10mins walking time
  • You not just gonna get a cab Nathan?
  • Off_it said:

You not just gonna get a cab Nathan?

And pay over inflated prices, no
  • Cheers fellas - poxy journey from Sunbury via Clapham Junction then, have to see if the missus will run me up there
  • If coming by London Midland mainline then Bushey station is actually slightly nearer than Watford Junction but there isn't much around there if you want food/drink.
  • If coming by London Midland mainline then Bushey station is actually slightly nearer than Watford Junction but there isn't much around there if you want food/drink.

If you can get off at Junction and turn left - you walk through the town centre past most of the pubs.

London Midland hardly ever stop at Bushey now- once an hour i think plus as you said hardly anything around there apart from B&Q, Halfords etc

The tube isnt actually that far away (if you know the back roads/use google maps) and is probably the way ill be going..if im up.

• says beer available in the ground - last time I didn't think it was - anyone know?

• Sponsored links:

• Please note that alcohol is not sold in the away section.
  • Would be good to do em' after their antics at our place earlier this season.
  • Gonna make a last minute decision on this one dad - depends how many jaegers are sunk tonight!
  • 1,312 sold by Saturday afternoon. Should be 1,500-1,600 there tomorrow!
  • i think there will be a lot making a last min decision, expect a sizeable walk-up
  • edited December 2012

i think there will be a lot making a last min decision, expect a sizeable walk-up

Agree boss, my only concern though was the weather. I reckon we'll have another 500 at least on top of the 1100? already sold. Despite all the doom & gloom merchants predicting a reversal.
  • its 1,312 already sold.

I agree on another potential 500
  • we should match Palace's turnout at Forest then with 1800ish ;-)
  • edited December 2012

we should match Palace's turnout at Forest then with 1800ish ;-)

Palace? Palace? Who the fcuk are Palace! Anyway we should have a good show from Red Division to swell our numbers :-)
  • Sponsored links:

• Is it 100 per cent sure tickets will be on sale at the ground? Match day programme on saturday say they weren't. Don't want to get there and find out their not!
  • I should be able to go to this now will be buying on the day
  • Is it 100 per cent sure tickets will be on sale at the ground? Match day programme on saturday say they weren't. Don't want to get there and find out their not!

yes, 100% definate

Yes, it says so on the OS/fb etc
  • edited December 2012
    shine166 said:

Is it 100 per cent sure tickets will be on sale at the ground? Match day programme on saturday say they weren't. Don't want to get there and find out their not!

Defo on sale at their ground; extract from OS 'Tickets are no longer available from The Valley for the New Year’s Day clash at Vicarage Road against Watford (1pm), but can be bought at the away end on the day, for cash only.
  • shine166 said:

Is it 100 per cent sure tickets will be on sale at the ground? Match day programme on saturday say they weren't. Don't want to get there and find out their not!

Defo on sale extract from OS 'Tickets are no longer available from The Valley for the New Year’s Day clash at Vicarage Road against Watford (1pm), but can be bought at the away end on the day, for cash only.
    Those food stamps I got for Christmas are no good then!
  • Son wants to go but depends what time I stop drinking tonight.
  • edited December 2012

Son wants to go but depends what time I stop drinking tonight.

Don't be a selfish killjoy :-) ease back on the booze and take him; it's all over in 12 chimes of Big Ben in any case :-o
  • For some reason we're the live match on 5Live Sports Extra tomorrow lunchtime for those not going.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/5livesportsextra
  • What are the ticket prices on the day?

I want to go, may actually take a nap before the festivities tonight - try and maximise my chances of awakening!

That said, Watford were a really irritating team to watch at the valley. I'd prefer to be there than five-live in bed though