Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Girl

anyone see this last night? only good bit of TV that i saw over Christmas. Have to say if it was kosher then Hitchcock was a total cock. The other thing was that Siena(sic) Miller was hot.

Comments

• Taped it, looking forward to it.
  • Just watched it. Great acting and as you say very easy on the eye!
  • edited December 2012
    Thought it was boring to be honest - well acted, but not my cup of tea.
  • enjoyed it, shows the evils that powerful people can inflict
  • Taped it, looking forward to it.

You still rocking the VHS Dan ?
  • anyone see this last night? only good bit of TV that i saw over Christmas. Have to say if it was kosher then Hitchcock was a total cock. The other thing was that Siena(sic) Miller was hot.

Hitch was a bastard alright, he had a vision to making films and didn't give a flying one about the actors(and even less so the actresses) involved, I believe it was he who said actors should be treated like cattle. Made some damn good films alright but not by being Mr Nice.
  • Just watched it, pretty good, intense stuff and yeah, not a nice piece of work.

Sienna Miller on the other hand....
  • thenewbie said:

anyone see this last night? only good bit of TV that i saw over Christmas. Have to say if it was kosher then Hitchcock was a total cock. The other thing was that Siena(sic) Miller was hot.

Hitch was a bastard alright, he had a vision to making films and didn't give a flying one about the actors(and even less so the actresses) involved, I believe it was he who said actors should be treated like cattle. Made some damn good films alright but not by being Mr Nice.
    He was far more interested in the mechanics of filmmaking and what the camera was doing rather than the performances of the actors.

Will give this a watch at some point, just put off (and this may seem ridiculous) but the bloke playing Hitchcock is very funny looking. I know hitch was a bit odd looking, but nothing that bad.
  • "The bloke playing Hitchcock" that's Toby Jones, one of our best actors KA! Been in some terrific stuff (but he is a bit odd looking), great performances all round in The Girl.
  • Probably some truth to it but it is only one side of the story. Hitchcock is not around to give his version. It appears to me 'the girl' is a work of fiction dressed up as fact.

As for the cattle quote. Search the web and you will find hitchcock gives his own reasoned defence. Like most quotes it has been taken out of context.