Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Films that are repeated every Christmas without fail....

Not all Christmas films, but these are the ones I seems to have stumbled upon Christmas after Christmas.

.....Back to the future part 2, The Sting, Free Willy,'National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation' , E-T, Escape to Victory, Casper the friendly Ghost........

Any other personal favourites out there?

Comments

• Die Hard, Elf, Toy Story.
  • I think it's a bit old fashioned to watch these films when the networks dictate, they tend to clash with other shows, are on in the middle of the night or are interrupted with ads. So i watch my films using blu ray / dvd on my (aging) projector with coke and popcorn. I also wait until everyone else is in bed so I can watch them properly.

Christmas

Lethal Weapon,
    Die Hard 1 and 2
    Gremlins

New Years

It's a Wonderful Life
    Cinema Paradiso
    The Big Chill

I'll also try to fit in a Back to the Future marathon at some point.

The Man Who Would Be King, Zulu and The Sting are also ones well worth a go.
  • edited December 2012
    The nightmare before christmas.
  • Wizard of Oz
    The Great Escape
    The King and I
  • Chitty chitty bang bang. Not seen it listed this year though. Brilliant movie. Guy who works for me looks just like the child catcher.
  • Carry on Camping
  • Gone with the wind.
    Sadly didn't have 6 hours to spare this xmas day morning to watch it.

when was king and i / wizard of oz on ?
  • Gone with the w
    ind.

About 40 years ago, sadly.

• Sponsored links:

• Love the grinch every year
  • Escape to Victory on last night - Pele, Ardiles, Moore and Russell Osman!!!
  • Bad Santa seems to be on every year now.
  • I watched " Its a wonderful life" this afternoon ( not the first time) . What an amazing film and a fantastic performance from Jimmy Stewart.
  • Elf is the best xmas film ever, but where has Digby the biggest dog in the world gone.
  • Did anyone watch

Hugo

Flipping eck what a line up of stars and how good did scorsce (spelling) shoot it to be so mesmerising and enchanting

I don't normally watch those films but we wanted an afternoon chilling watching something together we stumbled across this and wow what a great movie
  • singing in the rain
  • Spartacus and Ben Hur!
  • Watched Gremlins again last night, quality. Wonder what Pheobe Cates is up to these days?
  • Sponsored links:

• The Railway Children!
  • Trading places
  • Redskin said:

Gone with the w
    ind.

About 40 years ago, sadly.

I must have missed the point of this thread then. I thought these films were repeated every year and therefore the above films were on or due to be on this xmas. Silly me.
  • National Velvet was always on Christmas Eve but hasn't made an appearance in recent years.
  • Watched Gremlins again last night, quality. Wonder what Pheobe Cates is up to these days?

Married to Kevin Kline. Runs a boutique in New York. I watched Gremlins wondered the same as you so Wikied her.
  • Anthing with John Candy in makes me smile, what a fantastic actor he was.
  • CH4RLTON said:

Anthing with John Candy in makes me smile, what a fantastic actor he was.

I'd agree with that. Love Planes, Trains and Automobiles.

• I watched " Its a wonderful life" this afternoon ( not the first time) . What an amazing film and a fantastic performance from Jimmy Stewart.

A 1947 film. Of course it's wonderful.
  • Back in the 80's they put on 'Guns of Navarone' every year.