Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Will they do enough ?

All looking a bit depressing, give CP his due,no mucking about...if its bad at least he admits so,but will the board back him with any funds to give us that boost so badly needed.Mind you having said that,what has gone wrong in a matter of weeks,wasn't so long ago we were on a good run then bang! its all lost.
Don't rearly fancy another relegation fight,not sure if we'd be strong enough to do it.

Comments

• If the board don't back him then the buck stops with them, not CP. Let's have a bit of perspective here. Our ENTIRE SQUAD cost less than some in this league have spent on one player. And that is a fact.
  • If it came to a relegation fight (which I don't think it will), then I think we will have enough in terms of spirit and fight to see it through relatively comfortably. Most teams who get relegated from this league have very little going for them in terms of management, quality and motivation. I would say we have at least a sufficient amount of depth in all of those areas to keep us going.
  • Every time we've backed SCP whether that's with time or money he has delivered. Something a lot of people should remember
  • Every time we've backed SCP whether that's with time or money he has delivered. Something a lot of people should remember

absolutely spot on, top post

• Slater has already said the squad was built last year to compete in the Championship. This is it.

SCP wanted to spend on players in the summer. Wilson, his one money signing, has done well but the momentum was lost then when there was no more of Cash's cash to be spent.
  • What happens if we lose to Derby? Sheffield Weds and Posh both on good runs. I suspect SCP would be vunerable if we lose tomorrow.
  • Losing Powell would be like the heart being ripped out of our club ... I would expect a relegation battle if we do that ...
  • Why is it that when we go 8 unbeaten it's all down to the manager and players and when we lose 3 on the spin its the boards fault.

He has been backed consistently in the transfer market when needed albeit mainly with loan signings.

It's not the boards fault frimpong is pony.
  • If your a new investor would you give CP loads of dosh ? if so how much would we need?
    1 mill ---2 mill ?
  • mascot88 said:

Losing Powell would be like the heart being ripped out of our club ... I would expect a relegation battle if we do that ...

There is a gradual erosion of the spirit / heart of the club, with key people behind the scenes leaving (not necessarily by their choice) and less and less fans engagement. Although brought in by this regime, it was engineered largely by old regime and Powell maybe seen as another piece from the past.

I think there is a good chance that we will be in a relegation battle, which I don't have a problem with, as long as we survive it, but its not down to me or any other fans.

CP needs to get his team playing and getting points quickly or this regime will be looking to remove the final piece of our old charlton

• Sponsored links:

• Way too much panic over nothing, The Bolton game we could easily of won we played well and conceeded two quick goals. Sheff Wed ok we we were crap and Ipswich was poor too. But...... we know we have the ability in the squad to turn it around so PLEEEEEEEEEASE dont panic

Top post.

• CH4RLTON said:

Way too much panic over nothing, The Bolton game we could easily of won we played well and conceeded two quick goals. Sheff Wed ok we we were crap and Ipswich was poor too. But...... we know we have the ability in the squad to turn it around so PLEEEEEEEEEASE dont panic

I'm guessing that plea is to TJ, not the faithful fans, CH4RLTON.

I don't believe too many supporters think it's time for the gaffer to go but it's the owner(s) who makes the ultimate decision.

At this moment in time, we have to get behind the lads as we did so successfully against Cardiff and chant SCP's name 'til we're hoarse. IF this helps towards a good result tomorrow, then those travelling to Watford on Tueday need to repeat the exercise and so on and so on....My feeling is that TJ may well be running out of patience and another defeat might seal the gaffer's fate.

I'd like to think that the eleven on the pitch tomorrow will bust a gut to win the match, as much for their manager as for the points.
  • Should've left it up
  • not the first time thats been said !
  • Don't rearly fancy another relegation fight,not sure if we'd be strong enough to do it.

Well some of our fanbase certainly wouldn't by the sounds of it.

Not even January and not in the bottom three yet the white flag has gone up.

Spineless.

• They were spineless this time last season RCT why would you think they would be any less now

Remember these are the same fans who being 9 -12 points clear were saying we will screw it up
  • Yep. Sucks the life out of you sometimes.
  • Sponsored links:

• Don't rearly fancy another relegation fight,not sure if we'd be strong enough to do it.

Well some of our fanbase certainly wouldn't by the sounds of it.

Not even January and not in the bottom three yet the white flag has gone up.

Spineless.

Probably the same people who got the shits when we "only" 52 points clear last season.

Don't know why he bother getting out of bed of a morning if they're that scared of life.
  • Wonder if they will go palace or home to smallwall
  • Your like a set of old woman down at the bingo hall bitching about everyone,give it a fucking rest you sad set a morons.
  • cambi22 said:

Your like a set of old woman down at the bingo hall bitching about everyone,give it a fucking rest you sad set a morons.

What's that Beryl?
  • House !!

Bitch!

*Turns to the person sat next to me and says "It's HER again. I told you, she's seeing the caller. She pops back stage with him at every break"
  • You've been stalking me AGAIN, Off_it !!!!
  • Sorry.

What can I say, I'm obsessed by Fanny.
    ;o)
  • Best leave it there, Off_it.....
  • You tease, Fanny.