Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

CASTrust new Website now up and running.. still tweaking but its there

edited November 2012 in General Charlton
www.castrust.org

We have tried to give it enough content to give people a reason to keep coming back, you can also register as a member now direct.

Thanks

(BR)

Up the Addicks and let's kick M'walls aris tomorrow.

Comments

• not that i know anything about websites but looks good
    and i've paid my subsciption
    gl CASTrust
  • Nice look and feel.
  • Good stuff.
  • Like it, paid up x 2. Well done to all concerned.
  • Looking good guys. Will get round to signing up this weekend.
  • edited November 2012
    Yeah David Hall is our very patient web designer, who's given up a huge amount of his time and creative talents. Thanks David.

We aim to develop it further as an advert free way of accessing Charlton news and other stuff. Glad the feedback is good so far.
  • How can your site look that good, yet the official site look as awful as it does?!
  • Looks excellent.

Signed up & Paid membership.

Emailed recently to say I was happy to help with any flyer/poster/photoshop design work if needed. Never heard back but happy to help.
  • castrust said:

www.castrust.org

We have tried to give it enough content to give people a reason to keep coming back, you can also register as a member now direct.

Thanks

(BR)

Up the Addicks and let's kick M'walls aris tomorrow.

Is it OK to register a username used on CL ? Bit unsure about this and want to do it properly first time. Thanks

• Sponsored links:

• Could I ask why you are registering with the FSA? I thought they were for banks and insurance companies or something.
    Are you also registering as a charity or are you not allowed as you could operate commercially in the future (just guess work on my part).
    Interested to understand.
  • edited December 2012
    Fair question DRF, I will try and get you a more thorough answer later as I would need to refer to our vice chair for exact details. But essentially from advice and to gain endorsement from Supporters Direct we register as a Community Provident Society (not a charity or indeed a 'Trust' in the strict technical financial sense as I understand it) although Supporters' Trust is what these things are known as. We follow a common set of rules and constituion also laid out by SD, this is how they enforce uniform governance on such bodies. I beleive the FSA thing is with regard to future possible financial actions I beleive.

Hopefully Craig will come on later and clarify anything I've missed.
  • Interesting, cheers.
  • Barnie

Can you look in your "messages" please re next Weds night ? Thanks.
  • Can't register Mr F as he has the same email address as me ....help please !
  • Registered!
  • Site looks good put a link on CO and made it a sticky
  • Registered! Good luck with the launch tonight.
  • DRF said:

Could I ask why you are registering with the FSA? I thought they were for banks and insurance companies or something.
    Are you also registering as a charity or are you not allowed as you could operate commercially in the future (just guess work on my part).
    Interested to understand.

DRF - as far as I recall, this type of entity, that is, one that has the intention of being "of benefit to the community" is defined as being an industrial or provident society and is therefore required to be registered with the FSA. The regulation process however is very "light touch" indeed and thus far less onerous than for deposit takers, insurers or, indeed credit unions.
    I also understand that the type of activities that Supporters Trusts are involved in means that they cannot be classed as charities. I think this is because charities have a very clearly defined list of possible activities, for example, "the advancement of amateur sport". So I suspect that having links to a professional football club would preclude charitable status. Hope that helps.