Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Chas n Dave

Great doc on BBC4 about them tonight try to watch I player if you like them

Comments

• Just watched it. More credible musicians that I had realised.
  • Love Chas & Dave. Got to catch this on I player.
  • They both had great pedigree.
    Check out Chas Hodges in a great little band called Heads, Hands & Feet

Shame about the cockney geezer knees up shit, but I guess it gave them a living!
  • Playing at the O2 after Brighton at home. That is going to be some day!
  • red_murph said:

Playing at the O2 after Brighton at home. That is going to be some day!

Hopefully they will play Ossie's Dream for you. WTF.
    Had the misfortune of seeing them at Knebworth years ago.

• edited October 2012
    What a brilliant programme, "If you're not a Chas & Dave fan, there's something wrong with you".

Just how bad were Nick Ross and Selina Scott?
  • Just watched it. More credible musicians that I had realised.

This!

See em in Gravesend a few years back on me birthday (10th May), with a couple of mates. Had a beer with em in the boozer before the gig, the drummer likes a drink. They played alot of Skiffle/Lonni Donegon in the first half and what he can't do on a piano ain't worth knowing!
  • Not sure which one is Chas and which is Dave but the pianist fella has recently played or is very soon to play at The Pelton Arms in Greenwich.

Shame about the cockney geezer knees up shit, but I guess it gave them a living!

Saw Heads hands and feet at the old Black Prince in the day.Fantastic,underated band with one of the best guitarists around Albert Lee in their line up.Chas Hodges used to play Bass guitar,banjo,piano and violin and the other band members were multi instrumentalists too.Did anybody see the Jools Holland programme on BBC4 after the Chas and Dave programme?It was all about London music through the years,well worth a look.

• Sponsored links:

Thought that myself....enjoyed the documentry though.
  • "Saw" Chas & Dave supporting Led Zep at Knebworth. I used the quotes because me and my mates decided to have a look round the stalls whilst they were on.
  • Saga Lout said:

"Saw" Chas & Dave supporting Led Zep at Knebworth. I used the quotes because me and my mates decided to have a look round the stalls whilst they were on.

I never "see" em there, I "see" em in Gravesend.

; )
  • I ain't gonna be made to look a fool no more, you've done it once to often what do you take me for .........
  • Heard Chas was one of the few that bowed down to Joe Meek.
  • Saw Chas Hodges in Southend tonight. Bloody brilliant: "Dahn ter Margit Sarfend..."

• Is that a photo of sid barrett over the doorway?
  • Yep, certainly is.
  • Looking very closely at that photo,I'm suprised you remembered it!

;-)
  • If we are doing spot the picture then the one of rolf harris might not be on the wall for much longer.
  • Sponsored links:

• Looking very closely at that photo,I'm suprised you remembered it!

;-)

I think I must have it - it took me an hour and a half to cotton on to what you meant ;-)
  • Must be on my own here, saw them a few years back at Dartford,8 of us walked out after 10 minutes absoloute rubbish.
  • Must be on my own here, saw them a few years back at Dartford,8 of us walked out after 10 minutes absoloute rubbish.

Yes you and the other 7 are on your own, Chas and Dave are superb live. But like all music acts if you dont like their music it dont matter how good they are.
  • Saw them at Indigo2 a few weeks ago. Not the sort of thing I would go for, but was asked to go with a friend and thoroughly enjoyed myself. Surprised at how many songs I knew. There were parts of the crowd I wouldn't have enjoyed being in...I'm way past jumping into each other and throwing beer up in the air as a dance form, but we had a great time :)
  • TelMc32 said:

Saw them at Indigo2 a few weeks ago. Not the sort of thing I would go for, but was asked to go with a friend and thoroughly enjoyed myself. Surprised at how many songs I knew. There were parts of the crowd I wouldn't have enjoyed being in...I'm way past jumping into each other and throwing beer up in the air as a dance form, but we had a great time :)

Exactly the same as you Tel. Really enjoyed the gig, was massively impressed when they did the first half completely without stopping.

I stood over to the left, was much less boisterous over there, bit mad in the middle for me!
  • BTW Chas is playing the Pelton Arms very soon. Can't remember exactly when though I'm afraid.
  • red_murph said:

TelMc32 said:

Saw them at Indigo2 a few weeks ago. Not the sort of thing I would go for, but was asked to go with a friend and thoroughly enjoyed myself. Surprised at how many songs I knew. There were parts of the crowd I wouldn't have enjoyed being in...I'm way past jumping into each other and throwing beer up in the air as a dance form, but we had a great time :)

Exactly the same as you Tel. Really enjoyed the gig, was massively impressed when they did the first half completely without stopping.

I stood over to the left, was much less boisterous over there, bit mad in the middle for me!
    Yep, we were over there too murph...a bit more relaxed. Had the "VIP" section behind us in that corner, think it must have been all the great-grans & grand-dads of the band! Only downer really was getting to the bar! We met a few others, had waited so long, we stopped our round in the middle and order a couple of Jaegerbombs! Maybe that's why i enjoyed it so much!! ;-)
  • red_murph said:

BTW Chas is playing the Pelton Arms very soon. Can't remember exactly when though I'm afraid.

It was last night. Great fun...although this morning beers and sideboards are much less appealing. Ouchy.

Good little boozer is the Pelton.

• TelMc32 said:

red_murph said:

TelMc32 said:

Yep, we were over there too murph...a bit more relaxed. Had the "VIP" section behind us in that corner, think it must have been all the great-grans & grand-dads of the band! Only downer really was getting to the bar! We met a few others, had waited so long, we stopped our round in the middle and order a couple of Jaegerbombs! Maybe that's why i enjoyed it so much!! ;-)
    The bar was a complete nightmare, we gave up in the end! Saw Squeeze there last week and it was a bit easier getting a beer thankfully.
  • Sco said:

red_murph said:

BTW Chas is playing the Pelton Arms very soon. Can't remember exactly when though I'm afraid.

It was last night. Great fun...although this morning beers and sideboards are much less appealing. Ouchy.

Good little boozer is the Pelton.

Cracking pub Sco, my favourite in London. I'd imagine it must have been rammed for Chas? I saw a Ska band in there on Saturday, never seen it so busy.