Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

B-mob/Cockney Firestarters

Comments

• Options
    The RAF had a couple too.
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    "SES" ?
    Post of 2012!

Why is the bloke at the front holding a wooden spoon (in a very camp manner too....)

• Options
    edited February 2012
    And there are two or three jackets above
  • Options
    Anyone remember Bomber from our lot in late 60's?

Always wondered what happened to him.
    Do you mean Bonner from Welling ? Actually more early 70s so maybe not
    I remember Bomber. Millwall had a Bomber as well.

Birmingham had 6!
    Let me explain. Bomber was usually built like a brick sh!thouse and was 'the main man'.
    Etiquette of the mobs you know. :-)

• Options

Birmingham had 6!
    Let me explain. Bomber was usually built like a brick sh!thouse and was 'the main man'.
    Etiquette of the mobs you know. :-)

Oh right, cheers for the heads up.
  • Options

Birmingham had 6!
    Probably shouldn't laugh but thats the funniest thing I've seen on here for a long time!
  • Options
    The aggro in those days was a lot more ritualised.
    Poor old Bomber was obliged to go and sort out out their guy!
  • Options
    Millsmall pride there image on being the "tough club" trouble is they talk to much.

West ham last year proved that.

As for Charlton firms last time they made the news was with that Southampton business etc...

Not sure what they proved in the league cup match, that they can still pull big numbers if needed? They took their time trying to get to 250 Millwall walking on their own to the ground.
    Thanks for the speedy reply (only 2 years later) I understand your need to defend your team is of course natural.

But let's face the facts.. Millsmall have an average capacity of what...12,000? My point regarding that comment was the fact you lot suffer with "little club syndrome"..

I wouldn't argue with the fact you have a loyal core support (700) which has nutty side to it...
  • Options
    Millsmall pride there image on being the "tough club" trouble is they talk to much.

West ham last year proved that.

As for Charlton firms last time they made the news was with that Southampton business etc...

Not sure what they proved in the league cup match, that they can still pull big numbers if needed? They took their time trying to get to 250 Millwall walking on their own to the ground.
    Thanks for the speedy reply (only 2 years later) I understand your need to defend your team is of course natural.

But let's face the facts.. Millsmall have an average capacity of what...12,000? My point regarding that comment was the fact you lot suffer with "little club syndrome"..

I wouldn't argue with the fact you have a loyal core support (700) which has nutty side to it...
    What is little club syndrome? Still struggling to see your point.
  • Options
    So back in the day, what home ends were taken outside of London?

For starters:-

Peterborough
    Chesterfield
    Notts County
    Aldershot?

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    In the mid 80's the B mob had a crack at the Oxford end
  • Options
    1905 said:

What a day that was, taking on the local yardies as well I seem to remember lol

• Options

So back in the day, what home ends were taken outside of London?

For starters:-

Peterborough
    Chesterfield
    Notts County
    Aldershot?

I remember the clock end Highbury giving about a dozen of us a wide berth in 98 :-)

• Options
    Come on boys - i wasn't really into all that stuff and was a bit young then anyway but our 'trophy cabinet' isn't looking that impressive based on that list is it? If it doesn't expand, admin will have to find a reason to delete this thread surely.
  • Options

Come on boys - i wasn't really into all that stuff and was a bit young then anyway but our 'trophy cabinet' isn't looking that impressive based on that list is it? If it doesn't expand, admin will have to find a reason to delete this thread surely.

Well, had what we called results in places you would not expect, Leicester 97 Highbury 85/86 (league cup), 98, Chelsea (play off semi mid 80's), Southampton 2001 when outnumbered 10-1, Pompey numerous times, remember Norwood Junction outside the Ship 85/86, Leicester Square and flare guns etc which another lifer can verify.

• Options
    Ask any Shef Wed fan itk.
  • Options
    the Pompey guy standing in the street with a claw hammer outside the Ship ---maybe he was looking for a B&Q ?

Or Pompey at Londonbridge "when we get to the top of the stairs lets do these Charlton c++ts"------"well we are here mate so ?" i think its was called a pregnant pause !!

standing behind Selwyn watching the gooners vanish at Highbury in the League Cup.

The night in Rugby when everyone was to pi55ed to drive the vans but Obill insisted we drive out of town !

Bristol City in the street after the game was fun.

Not exclusively BMob any ofthe above.
  • Options
    BIG_ROB said:

haha this
  • Options
    J BLOCK said:

BIG_ROB said:

haha this
    B mob turned over wednesday firm in their pub, sure somebody else will have full details

• Options
    DA9 said:

1905 said:

Was that the evening match when it was kicking off all through the match with First Aid stretchers in big demand?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Believe it was in the FA Cup?
  • Options
    Yeah was fa cup 2006
  • Options
    "You ran", "no, YOU ran", "we didn't run, you f*cking ran!"

And so on and so on....
  • Options
    Interesting thread
  • Options
    Really exciting stuff!
  • Options
    maybe they could organise a reunion. get the old firm back together again after all these years.
  • Options
    Jan 69 FA Cup at Highbury, 55,000........."We Took The Northbank, We Took The Northbank, We Took The Northbank, High..Bury" and on and on.

Great days. Great players. Bob Curtis, Ray Treacy, Charlie Wright, Harry Gregory, Paul Went and the mercurial Matt Tees.
  • Options
    Solidgone said:

DA9 said:

1905 said:

Was that the evening match when it was kicking off all through the match with First Aid stretchers in big demand?
    No, league game, 85/86 I think
  • Options
    Dont know if he was in a firm or not, but my dad spent many a weekend trying to storm home ends, and in a game at selhurst he and his brother sat in the middle of the Palace fans, and started up. They were dragged out of the front of the stand and led around the pitch back to the charlton fans to a rousing 'Charlton Aggro, Charlton Aggro, woooahhh, ooohh ohhhh!'

Cant remember if it was an away game or a fake home game though
  • Options

Sparrows - chasing 40 Millwall out of the Valley back in 80-81 when we played Barnsley was pretty good as I remember it. Having realised they weren't going to be able to get away with bullying us in the Covered End (this time), they congregated around the Barnsley fans hoping to swell their numbers. We came around the ground and Barnsley weren't interested. Millwall began to melt and it turned into a full scale scarper! The sight of a number of them trying to climb the muddy hill behind Valley Grove in their black shoes, Farah slacks and Gabbicci jumpers will never leave me. Gold chains bouncing up and down as they clawed at the mud to get away. Your boys never came back to Valley again for a non-Millwall match after that.

Remember that, ginger hair lad steamed into them on the way out from the South stand...didn't know him by name but always said hello to me when we 'bumped' into each other.