Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Cristiano Ronaldo At The Valley

Ive got a shocking memory and was arguing discussing with my son , on whether we'd ever seen Ronaldo playing at the Valley against Charlton , just wondered if one of the worlds greatest players had graced our hallowed turf, and what the score was?

Comments

• edited September 2012
    Cant remember the score, but wasnt we the first United away game after the wink of Gemany 2006?
  • Definitely... I remember Kish getting done a few times by him at right back
  • Can't edit, but it was Wednesday 23rd Aug 2006, CAFC 0-3 MUFC played all game but didnt score
  • If only Curbs had taken a gamble on him as an 18 year old we would of seen him play for us, never mind.
  • I well remember the cocky shit young lad - he was something special.
  • I seem to remember singing 'your not the real ronaldo' at the valley to him
  • He signed for Utd in 2003 or 2004 so we would have seen him 2 or 3 times.
  • Sponsored links:

• craigcafc said:

He did im sure as Kishishev wiped him out having run half the pitch to do so!

great challenge. one of my most fondest memories of kish
  • edited September 2012
    most of that video was just our players hacking the crap out of ronaldo. especially kish... the one at 7.01 is fantastic. how the hell it took to the 76th min for him to be booked i dont know.
  • Remember him dropping to the floor over and over again, so much so that Roy Keane had a go
  • I remember Stuart also giving him a good kick.
  • Thank goodness he was still in his 'lacks end product' stage back then otherwise it'd have double figures for Utd. Kish kicking him at every opportunity is one of my favourite memories of SE7's finest Bulgarian.
  • most of that video was just our players hacking the crap out of ronaldo. especially kish... the one at 7.01 is fantastic. how the hell it took to the 76th min for him to be booked i dont know.

Shoulder to shoulder, never a booking!
  • Played at the valley on 13th september 2003
    http://www.aboutmanutd.com/man-u-matches/13-09-2003-charlton-athletic.html
    I couldn't get over how big he was for a winger. You could tell he was going to be something special.
  • What the hell is that montage music about - made me feel a bit sick to be fair. Although feel a bit sick anyway so may not Bethany. Jibber.
  • September 2003. Remember it well. Second trip back to England after moving to Thailand. Fell over after the game (not even drunk) and broke my wrist!
  • Sponsored links:

• Took a right kicking. Haha!

Reminded me of Diego Forlan's first appearance for united at the valley. Came off the bench, ball got passed to him and Scott Parker gave him an almighty whack from behind before he could even touch it, then picked the bloke up by his shirt collar. "Welcome to the Premiership" the commentator said!
  • Yeah definitely

Who was the player who wa getting mesmerise by his step overs so thought Fuk it take that . Was it kisishev in front of the covered end
  • Kish said "he never got passed me. The ball might have but he never did"
  • Uboat said:

I remember Stuart also giving him a good kick.

One of my favorite moments from any match
  • Ledge said:

Yeah definitely

Who was the player who wa getting mesmerise by his step overs so thought Fuk it take that . Was it kisishev in front of the covered end

Graham Stuart - see above
  • Cheers Stuart that was it .
  • he ran into the away end after scoring and one of our female stewards got assaulted in the resulting surge
  • God, I'd forgotten about Stuart's 'challenge' :) anyone got footage of that?
  • I remember the anticipation of his arrival at our gaff in the season after he got Rooney (?) sent off in the World Cup (or was it European?). Couldn't wait to give him a special 'welcome' to the Valley.
  • dont know how to put it on here, but on you tube it is called Ronaldo being chopped down.