Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Palace Game - Not on Canadian TV

edited September 2012 in Charlton International
Not good news for Canadian (& probably US) based CAFC fans.

Rogers have lost the rights to the Championship & just about every other league except the Premier League. It is now broadcast in North America on BeIn sports - Qatari based company - in the USonly :(

Internet streams or Maxxed it is then :(

Comments

• Should be loads of internet streams, wouldn't worry too much
  • but at 12.45pm I will be working - was hoping to record it & watch when i got home......
  • Oakster said:

but at 12.45pm I will be pretending to be working - was hoping to record it & re-watch our glorious win when i got home......

• Watched the Forest game via Bein - impressed (but not with the performance !).
  • Bollox, basta$rd, sh*t< f#ck. Booked the f&ckin day off work and already brought the 6 pack of Canadian. Streaming internet is just not 50" HD.
  • Oakster said:

Rogers have lost the rights to the Championship & just about every other league except the Premier League. It is now broadcast in North America on BeIn sports - Qatari based company - in the USonly :(

How do you get "Beln Sports".
  • i would recommend firstrowsports
  • Bcaddick said:

Oakster said:

How do you get "Beln Sports".
    Move to the US :(

They have stripped pretty much all football coverage out of Canada for the time being. Its annoying one of the perks of getting promote din my book was the possibility of a couple of live HD games a season on TV.

You might as well sign this BC - fat lot of good it will do though

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/bein-sport-in-canada/?utm_medium=email&amp;utm_source=system&amp;utm_campaign=Send+to+Friend
  • According to John Doyle in the Globe and Mail, here in Canada, we don't...

theglobeandmail.com/arts/television/lament-for-la-liga/article4506521/

Just one more nail in the coffin for cable TV in our house.
  • Glad I'm back here in the UK for one more week before moving back to Whistler!!!
  • Sponsored links:

• mpcafc said:

i would recommend firstrowsports

This.
  • Can anyone recommend any bars in New York which will be showing the match, my nephew is out there and would like to see it
  • Kap10 said:

Can anyone recommend any bars in New York which will be showing the match, my nephew is out there and would like to see it

to be honest I found out there that if you go to a sports bar and get chatting to the barstaff there (who will be very friendly) and get talking about sports then they'll put on soccer on the tv. This only happened to me in a cafe last saturday morning btw in new york because there were a few of us brits in different groups having our breakfast and he put the premier league ESPN game on. Don't know if they have sky sports over there though
  • It's not showing in the States. Last year there were a lot of Championship games but this year, alas, none. We'll have to take streaming.
  • Same here in OZ... Last year fox sports had 2 games per round now it's on seta ta at an extra 16 bucks a month ... Rubbish ... It seems the championship just doesn't make enough money for the cable company to justify unless on a special subscription ...
  • mpcafc said:

This.
    Every time I go on there, there is an advert that goes over the screen and never disappears even after letting it run and trying to shut it down.
  • thx for confirming situation in canada

was wondering

saves me drifting from bar to bar asking and looking

am enjoying edmonton v much so far on my visit

v. green

off to watch the England game in one of the variety of 'English pubs'
  • Just about to watch Canada take on Panama in the World Cup Qualifier - Canada haven't been to the WC Finals since 1986 - a win tonight & the dream might just be alive :)

Good to see some good old fashioned behaviour from the Panama supporters before the game as well :)

http://www.vancouversun.com/sports/Panama+fans+throw+Canada+soccer+nationals+ahead+match+with+video/7220957/story.html
  • Was gutted when I found this out the other day.

Gonna have to make do with a hooky stream or dialing into my old man's online Sky account, which is better than nothing but it ain't HD.
  • mpcafc said:

Homeland security have shut this down.....
  • Sponsored links:

• Anyone else have good streaming sites? I was delighted we got promoted as I thought I could see a couple of games on tv in USA .....bastards