Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Heskey

Comments

• now 1/2 with skybet to join us. Huddersfield down to 10/1 as second favs to sign him. I agree it seems a joke but does this mean people are obviously sticking money on him to join us haha

It's a bit of a Fools and Horses moment - any minute now Trigger wiil say "...well I put a tenner on it"

• well I wasnt talking to you Mike so dunno why you feel the need to protect your boyfriend. It was obviously all a bit of a joke. I saw Hamer made the rumour up and was just mucking up. The caps and the ffs just pissed me off though.
  • Its hilarious how everyone thinks we've signed heskey

I'm not laughing. I'm pretty worried. I don't think it is true tbh but doubts are creeping in.
    Its obviously a joke, last year paul hayes and jj mentioned seeing gary hooper at sparrows lane .
    And why would he be sitting on the team coach with his back turned to the camera .
    well no that was obviously Cort mate.
    So why you worried ?
    Weird......... Kid !
  • Its hilarious how everyone thinks we've signed heskey

I'm not laughing. I'm pretty worried. I don't think it is true tbh but doubts are creeping in.
    Its obviously a joke, last year paul hayes and jj mentioned seeing gary hooper at sparrows lane .
    And why would he be sitting on the team coach with his back turned to the camera .
    well no that was obviously Cort mate.
    So why you worried ?
    Weird......... Kid !
    I'm not mate, Powell's not stupid enough to sign Heskey.
  • Charlton is currently trending haha, bet even Jacko and hamer didn't expect it to get this big
  • He can hold up the ball. He's a physical presence. He brings others into play.
  • Now as much as I and every Addick love Deano, I have to admit he never ever ever pulled anything quite like this.
  • Scoham said:

He can hold up the ball. He's a physical presence. He brings others into play.

Lol, he is fecking hopeless, I hope I never see the day Heskey wears a Charlton shirt
  • Good signing for us and yann to come off the bench as well.

I believe everything I read on twatter
  • He's played for England why have you ever done? Thrown a kettle over a pub?
  • Sponsored links:

• Ben Hamer ‏@BenHamer21

Just doing my bit! #trendingworldwide #cafc
  • LOL - Heskey or is this bull??
  • Class from Hamer... Wetting myself it made the ticker
  • WSS said:

He's played for England why have you ever done? Thrown a kettle over a pub?

Brilliant! - even though I don't really understand it.
  • edited August 2012

LOL - Heskey or is this bull??

Ben Hamer and Johnnie Jackson made it up for a laugh on the coach up to Forest for the game tomorrow. Shows what a load of rubbish twitter is for believable rumours.
  • I find it amusing that just the other day a Twitter source revealed himself as a complete hoaxer, and the response of the press is to make the exact same mistakes again on deadline day
  • Jacko started it, Hamer chipped in with the photo.

Last tweet from Jacko:

Johnnie Jackson ‏@johnnie_jackson
    Can't wait to ask Big Emile what his basic is....
  • A beefed up Deon Burton, whats not to like? Taller, stronger, faster.
  • Sponsored links:

• Redskin said:

WSS said:

He's played for England why have you ever done? Thrown a kettle over a pub?

Brilliant! - even though I don't really understand it.

Had me chuckling, inspired by "the Office" I presume.

Great banter from the lads, have to admit there possibly the best thing bout twitter along with others. Generally slagging each other off all the time.
  • For some reason Emile Heskey has become a comic book character who people just love to slag off. However, I really do wonder just how many of the posters on this thread have ever seen him play. He's played sixty odd games for England and despite his lack of goals has been a top player; a much better forward than anyone on the Club's books today - by a long way.

I doubt very much we'll sign him. If we did there'd only be two questions, have his legs gone and does he still have the desire? If the answers are Yes then he'd be a great signing. If anybody on here has any insight on these questions then I bow to their superior knowledge.
  • Heskey is shit. no way am iaccepting he is a good player. he is slow and can't finish a sentence. i have seen him play several times at club and international and he is shit and nothing will ever convince me otherwise.
  • so lets get this right fleming you rather have heskey than big yann. he has played 62 times for England and got 7 goals. Says it all me thinks !!!!!!
  • That's scarily good
  • Leeeabuuurn
  • Haha Jacko just tweeted that photo!
  • Haha Jacko just tweeted that photo!

Do you think Jacko's on Charlton Life as well as Jordan Rhodes?
  • so lets get this right fleming you rather have heskey than big yann. he has played 62 times for England and got 7 goals. Says it all me thinks !!!!!!

I didn't quite say that did I; there was a very important caveat. However, if the question is whether I'd rather have Kermogant or Heskey at his peak then the answer is Heskey. Frankly, I think any other answer would be just plain daft.