Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Rumours Rumours

Comments

• Options
    Charlton playing hardball and holding out for more money for Solly. As Henry said in another thread, we simply have to wait and see who blinks first.
  • Options
    @UpdatesWHU: Charlton have rejected our bid for Chris Solly. (via @WHU_Insider) #whufc #cafc
  • Options

Friendly question to all those that think it's a bad idea.
    If we want to raise a £1M or whatever the fee is.
    Who from the 1st 11 would people rather sell than Stephens ?
    There's no one I'd rather sell.

If we need cash - plain and simple - then I'd let him go

The only others we could get a big fee for are much much tougher to replace, Hamer (Sullivan), Morrison (Taylor ... him and Cort would be a speedy forwards dream!!) & Wiggins (Evina still not quite ready)
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    West ham are desperate , Anyone who thinks Jarvis is worth 10m is deluded, I reckon if they want him bad enough and we hold out for at least 2 more days then a very big bid could come in
  • Options
    Pleased to hear that - if they are going to get him, we need to make sure it isn't on the cheap!
  • Options
    W Ham may be lying of course, but yesterday big Sam said :-

West Ham manager Sam Allardyce says he does not expect the club to be busy in the final few days of the transfer window.

The Hammers have brought in nine new players this summer and parted ways with the same number as Allardyce reshuffled his squad in preparation for the club's return to the Premier League.

The Upton Park outfit are still being linked with targets as Friday's deadline draws nearer, including Liverpool duo Andy Carroll and Joe Cole.

But Allardyce says further signings are unlikely after speaking with the club's co-chairman, who has informed the manager the Hammers have reached their spending limit.

Limit

He told Sky Sports: "I don't see much at all, to be honest with you, in terms of ins.

"I think that our finances now are on the limit, as it were, speaking to our co-chairmen. I think that we'll work with what we've got."

Allardyce added if he does make any last-minute reinforcements it is likely to be on a loan basis.

He added: "We'll never say never, you never know what might turn up. But if it's going to be anything, it's never going to get past a loan deal, I think."
  • Options
    Where is the £1m coming from?
  • Options
    Clearly are lying if their official twitter reports us rejecting their bid- come on Charlton stand firm. I hope WHU aren't planning on any dirty tricks like getting in Solly's ear promising him the world to try and turn his head
  • Options
    It has been alleged that Solly had already agreed personal terms & it was then down to the 2 clubs.
  • Options

It has been alleged that Solly had already agreed personal terms & it was then down to the 2 clubs.

It is posts like this that lead to rubbish speculation, just drop the issue, if it happens it happens , if it doesn't happen it doesn't happen .
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    well guys, I do not like the look of this at all. Whatever you think of Stephens, and I am not sure, have not seen him enough, of this I am sure: there is no way that it is part of "Plan A" to sell him three days before the window shuts. or put it another way...you think SCP thinks this is a good idea? Now, 3 days before 31.8?

And if Solly goes too, well all my worst nightmares, which many scoffed at, are coming to pass.

That said, looks like neither has happened yet. Lets hold fire unless and until it does.
  • Options

It is posts like this that lead to rubbish speculation, just drop the issue, if it happens it happens , if it doesn't happen it doesn't happen .
    I disagree. Look at the record of people posting before you slag them off. Covered End doesnt say things like that without a good reason.

• Options

The truth hurts though mate this deal between player and club was rumoured to have been done weeks ago was down to cafc and the hamsters

I thought it was dead once baldick went to brissle but seems to still be alive
  • Options

The truth hurts though mate this deal between player and club was rumoured to have been done weeks ago was down to cafc and the hamsters

I thought it was dead once baldick went to brissle but seems to still be alive
  • Options

You keep telling yourself it's speculation. If we agree a fee the deal will go through in a few hours.

• Options
    Have just Spoken to Conor Henderson's aunt and it looks like Charlton have cooled their interest in him and he's on his way to Bristol City (She said Bristol and I wouldn't have thought that it would've been Rovers)
  • Options

When you become moderator we'll pay attention to what you have to say. All I keep reading is you telling people what they should or should be writing, if you don't like it ignore it.
  • Options

well guys, I do not like the look of this at all. Whatever you think of Stephens, and I am not sure, have not seen him enough, of this I am sure: there is no way that it is part of "Plan A" to sell him three days before the window shuts. or put it another way...you think SCP thinks this is a good idea? Now, 3 days before 31.8?

And if Solly goes too, well all my worst nightmares, which many scoffed at, are coming to pass.

That said, looks like neither has happened yet. Lets hold fire unless and until it does.

A perfect example of a hypocritical football fan. Perfectly OK for us to look at signing players but when a club looks at signing one of ours, then its armeggedon. Every player has a price & I'm sure Powell & any other manager accepts that. Of course selling Stephens isn't part of "plan A", whatever that is but all successful teams will have suiters for their better players & if DS goes, then I trust our scouting network sufficient to bring in a decent replacement. Do you think selling Modric was part of Spurs "plan A"?
  • Options
    How dare people post speculation on a thread called Rumours Rumours.

Disgusted.
  • Options

A perfect example of a hypocritical football fan. Perfectly OK for us to look at signing players but when a club looks at signing one of ours, then its armeggedon. Every player has a price & I'm sure Powell & any other manager accepts that. Of course selling Stephens isn't part of "plan A", whatever that is but all successful teams will have suiters for their better players & if DS goes, then I trust our scouting network sufficient to bring in a decent replacement. Do you think selling Modric was part of Spurs "plan A"?
    stop shouting, don't think you are reading deep enough into PA's post.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Where has the 1m tranfer fee come from?
  • Options

stop shouting, don't think you are reading deep enough into PA's post.

I'm only commenting on what he said, rather than what I think he means.
  • Options

How dare people post speculation on a thread called Rumours Rumours.

Disgusted.

And you can pipe down too !!!

posting your speculation .. on the speculation - shocking behaviour
  • Options
    I thoyght the mil was for dale
  • Options
    Redhenry said:

Where has the 1m tranfer fee come from?

It was on Stephens' wiki page, but has since been removed.
  • Options
    The thing is, with Stephens our midfield is lightweight.

Powell and his staff will know this too - but no doubt they can't bring anyone in unless someone goes first.

Stephens has great technique and an eye for a pass, and is often the fulcrum of our passing game building from the back.

Powell likes to play him quite deep. In that position, however, I feel we need someone more physical.

Perhaps Powell feels the same?
  • Options
    Stop Shouting

I don't know where to start, and haven't got much time right now, but for now

1. What part of "transfer window closes 31.8" did you not understand?
    2. Modric leaving has been publically discussed since May
  • Options
    A player who is under contract won't agree terms until the clubs agree a fee.
  • Options

A player who is under contract won't agree terms until the clubs agree a fee.

Unless both clubs allow it to happen alongside the negotiation. I believe this happens quite often..
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!