Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Paul Walsh

edited August 2012 in General Charlton
Paul Walsh at the Valley on Saturday working for Sky.One of our best players from the past.Not many people seem to notice him as he walked behind the West Stand.

Comments

• I think cos he played for us 30 years ago and hardly mentions that fact in any of his summising or whatever else he does for Sky to many he's just another pundit
  • I think cos he played for us 30 years ago and hardly mentions that fact in any of his summising or whatever else he does for Sky to many he's just another pundit
  • Because he does not acknowledge us as part of his career

I always find that he looks down his large bugle at us
  • Was told He's a spanner (Not sure if its true though......)
  • Yeah its an illusion that he ever played for us
  • Many years ago my sister met him in Welling.
    He acted the prat
  • aged well though,keeps care of himself
  • My dad knows him well, was gonna be named after him until he signed for Luton
  • I know when he played for us all his mates were spanners, but never confirmed he was one of them. His Dad was a Charlton fan I thought. On another thread but his Dad nicked the corner flag at Chester in 1981 - the 4-0 loss a week before the Ipswich cup tie
  • He had a good career - just because he started with us doesn't mean he should shouting our name from the rooftops every time he appears in the media.
  • Sponsored links:

• Have always felt he was very begrudging in anything positive he had to say when covering our games over the years. Maybe I caught him on some bad days, but that was always the impression I got.
  • nolly said:

aged well though,keeps care of himself

Is he buff nolly?
  • Certainly looked fit when I saw him on his way to his commentary position via the East Stand yesterday.
  • his brother is/ was a gobby millwall prick. The fact that without CAFC he wouldnt have been f++k all seems to be lost on him. Was more gutted when Paul Elloit went to Luton a few weeks later than Walsh.
  • hes a git...
  • ...a fit git ?
  • I remember when he played for us the word on the street was that he supported West Ham ,I have never seen anything to verify this though.

Also to be fair he did play for us in the London Masters one year against Tottenham although in the national competition he always played for Liverpool.
  • I worked with his cousin a few years back....definately West Ham.
  • another youngster we let go too early............sack the Board !!
  • He was in that Portsmouth team that we beat for our first game back at the Valley which as likely as not he will never forget.remind him of it however next time you see him doing his pundit work for Sky.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited August 2012
    Loved him at Liverpool. Met him once after a Wimbledon v Tottenham match. He was at Tottenham the longest in the top div, but was virtually utter shite for them. Complete cock who had the presence of a Cachagogoo B singer - did I spell that right. Was only outbeaten on the cock stakes by Vinny Jones and John Fashanu, some going.

TBF I always found him better than most Sky shouty pundits.
  • I was at a party in Plumstead @1981 when Paul Walsh turned up giving it the biggun. I'm pleased to say I told him to do one & shut the door in his face. Arrogant cock.
  • He had a good career - just because he started with us doesn't mean he should shouting our name from the rooftops every time he appears in the media.

No, but he came through our youth team and we gave him his start so it's disappointing he has no apparent affection for the club.
    Definitely the most exciting forward I've seen come through our youth team (and that includes Defoe), I absolutely adored him. So skillfull.

• edited August 2012

v
  • Paul was in the anti after the game having a drink with his dad,chatting to fans and having pictures taken came across as a nice bloke.
  • Paul was in the anti after the game having a drink with his dad,chatting to fans and having pictures taken came across as a nice bloke.

Damn I wish I was there; I'd ask him direct about if he has any memories/feelings for the club.

No, but he came through our youth team and we gave him his start so it's disappointing he has no apparent affection for the club.
    Definitely the most exciting forward I've seen come through our youth team (and that includes Defoe), I absolutely adored him. So skillfull.

Why should he have affection ?
    He might just be one of the few who don't get emotionally involved and simply see it as a job
  • Oh go on Dick, burst my bubble why don't you
    I want my man love reciprocated ;-)
  • I've just re-read my post and realised that I have actually described a rent boy !
  • Woolwich Poly boy, West Ham fan.