Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Was Super Saturday the best (supporting) sporting day of your life?

I have to say, that without doubt, last Saturday was the best day of my supporting sporting life. The emotion that came with that record haul of golds through the day and topped off with the way Jess destroyed the field, Greg launched himself further in the sand and then 70,000+ roared on Mo Farah to Olympic gold will live with me forever.

I was at Wembley to see us beat Sunderland. I was sat in a tree the first day back at the Valley straining to get a glimpse as the teams walked out on the pitch and I stayed up very late to see highlights of the play off game vs Leeds when Shirtliff scored twice to keep us in Division one, but last Saturday tops it all.

What about you?

Oh and go Mo tonight - it would be a fitting reward for a very noble man if he could double up and win the 5,000 too.

Comments

• Options
    Wembley 98 will never be beaten for me.
  • Options
    Agree with superclive that 98 beats super Saturday for me
  • Options
    98 for me too.
  • Options
    Not a proper charlton fan if say super saturday better than 25 May 2008
  • Options
    When we beat most teams last year was better than last saturday
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    98 for me too. Followed by the titles in 2000 and 2012.
  • Options
    just a different feeling football and athletics both were great in different ways hard to compare.
  • Options
    Has to be 98 everything else, sportswise, pales into insignificance
  • Options
    98 ...always
  • Options
    Hard pushed to beat the day up at Carlisle earlier this year for me.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    98 for me too. Although last Saturday I was at Headingley, saw Kp's 149 followed by watching the evening of athletics in Leeds, the whole pub cheering on was brilliant. A great day but nowhere near 98. I hope I'm wrong but I given that potentially my greatest day as a Charlton fan came so early in my life I wonder whether it will even be matched.
  • Options
    Mike said:

just a different feeling football and athletics both were great in different ways hard to compare.

yer athletics means nothing and the team you support everything. I was only 7 and 1998 was still amazing
  • Options
    There are a whole host of things that goes before last Saturday and this is due to two reasons:

1) Athletics is'nt really my main passion even though I do cheer alot when the Olympics is on.

2) I'd been in a car for 5 hours driving to Calais to come back from holiday, all had been going well. However when our lane was called to board the ferry the car wouldn't start as the battery was completely broken. So the ferry left without us and we were stranded in customs as the ferry company wouldn't let any broken down vehicles on their boat. After a long chat with the insurance peoples they finally say we can be towed onto another ferry by a french mechanic. Three hours later we're finally towed on to another ferry and we're told by the insurance peoples that there will defiantly be someone in Dover waiting to tow us home. Another three hours later at 2am the bloke finally turns up and offers some shite excuses for being late. Anyway he tows us home and we finally get in at 4am. Hardly the best supporting sporting day of my life.