Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Greenwich

13»

Comments

• edited August 2012
    An excellent point, Seth.
    If it helps I did scribe a missive to the caterers pointing out that I would have suffered a serious vitamin deficiency with the very real danger of one-day onset ricketts because I had chosen their pasty.
    I emphasised that I demand nothing less than a perfectly a balanced diet when attending sports events.

They just looked at me strangely.
  • Off it, your post is in itself a bleat methinks.
  • Floyd thank you for the compliment.
  • Anyway, didn't Greenwich look great for all those viewers around the world?

I loved the tip to Spinal Tap

• seth plum said:

Off it, your post is in itself a bleat methinks.

If you say so old son, if you say so.

I'm just amazed how some people manage to get through each day without imploding.
  • Anyway, didn't Greenwich look great for all those viewers around the world?

I loved the tip to Spinal Tap

Just a shame the dwarves are out of shot. Probably scared by the horse, the wee fellas.
  • edited August 2012
    They do a great, unseen job putting the fences back together, Offy. They deserve greater recognition.

On to the drop in tourism debate (and as Greenwich gets 2 million tourists a year why does a shop decline (balanced by sold out accommodation and packed out restaurants) really matter for a fortnight?) there are some great comments at the bottom of this article.

Interesting to see locals naming the places inflating their prices
    http://www.greenwich.co.uk/news/08775-town-centre-businesses-complain-of-olympic-slump/

A bit of balance added in this blog by the respected Greenwich Phantom
    http://www.thegreenwichphantom.co.uk/2012/07/empty-market/

''On a similar thread, I’ve been down the past couple of days planning to eat out locally at least a few times over the ‘Lympic period (in the places that haven’t raised their prices, natch) and I have to say that yesterday evening absolutely everywhere was full, even the places I wouldn’t piss on if they were burning, but I suspect that once the Equestrian events are over the tumbleweed may blow back in if us locals don’t get out and at least have a go.''
  • Conran estates sent out an email to 15K people on it's list yesterday asking everyone to support local shops. Today they've sent out a list of discounts from small retailers who got back to them.

Pretty nice of them and worth reading their emails (for once) if you get them