Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

MARK LAWRENSON

now, maybe me and everyone i know are in the minority here...but can anyone actually stand the bloke? he is a woeful commentator and a shite pundit....he really does get my back up something chronic. if, there is a large backing with me on here...i may well draft a letter to send to the BBC pleading with them to terminate his contract!

Comments

• I can't stand him as well - he makes Garth Crooks look good. Remember once on football focus they were talking about the Lord Stevens Report and asking each pundit in turn their opinion on it and its effect on football on the whole. You could see Lawrenson looking really uncomfortable as he knew he was about to be asked a question that required an intelligent answer, not a sarcastic comment that he normally relies on. When he was asked his opinions about the report he looked at the presenter and just said 'is anyone really bothered' - er...yeah Mark, everyone who likes or is involved in football is bothered mate. Nice to know my hard earned cash goes towards paying his wages. I'll happily add my name to your letter!!
  • the blokes and absolute div......

and smug to boot..... put me down ill sign
  • One half of the worlds worst commentators / comedian duo's. Sign me up.
  • good call!! right in that case im on the case. do u remember when he was on football focus talking about Lil' Alan Ball?? Jonathan Pearce and some other pundits were singing his praises and providing anecdotes and heart-warming stories...when asked lawro says 'he was just a proper bloke'. articulate mate....very very articulate.
  • Complete and utter div and I agree with the comments made so far.
  • Mark Lawrenson - Robin Friday had the right idea, he shit in his kitbag.
  • 24 carat turd.
  • i will sign, the geezer is a massive minge.
  • A minge the size of a Wizards Sleeve.
  • or indeed a wind-sock
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: Sir John Humphrey[/cite]A minge the size of a Wizards Sleeve.

lol

[cite]Posted By: WasCharleyOne[/cite]or indeed a wind-sock

lol
  • Dont mind him myself.
  • Annoying "but in real life he is okay" statement:

My work colleague (plastic scouse) met him in a pub and said he was a fine chap.
  • Is it because everyone on the beab (sports punditary) hates us?
    Dont like the scottish twat, whats his face Hanson!
    Never had a good word about us.
  • that's the problem with ex top class players. they played a great game but talk a load of shit about it.
  • Gay as you like......
  • Let's start the campaign to replace him with Stevie Brown! He does a pretty good job on the radio...

On that subject, I was thinking yesterday that my matchday "experience" will be a bit different this year. Half the time last season our home matches were also on the radio (FM) and I could listen to the commentary via the radio on my phone whilst sat in the stand (there's a nice oxymoron for you!). How many games is that going to be possible next season? Not too many I'd guess...
  • [cite]Posted By: DJ Davey Dave[/cite]Gay as you like......

Always seems seconds away form making a pass at Gary Lineker.

[cite]Posted By: WasCharleyOne[/cite]Mark Lawrenson - Robin Friday had the right idea, he shit in his kitbag.

Read the story of Robin Friday, the man is to be idolised. Gascoigne, Best etc have nothing on this tormented genius
  • Brownie for Line-acher any day.
  • Found this and totally agree. The man is a total idiot and I have no idea why the BBC persist with him
  • Sponsored links:

• I rather enjoyed his droll comments
  • I thought he did OK considering the dross we were watching, must be hard for an ex footballer of his standard to comment on some of the rubbish he see's now, you need a sense of humour
  • edited June 2012
    His gags were so awful, I found them funny.
  • I thought it was an embarrassment to the BBC... I listen to Stan Collymore and Sam Mattaface on Talksport while watching the TV. Quality of commentary light years ahead of that clown Lawrenson.
  • now, maybe me and everyone i know are in the minority here...but can anyone actually stand the bloke? he is a woeful commentator and a shite pundit....he really does get my back up something chronic. if, there is a large backing with me on here...i may well draft a letter to send to the BBC pleading with them to terminate his contract!

Not just you mate I said it on here when we played Sweden, the bloke is an utter twat.
  • Quite liked his developing Woganesque style.
  • There are far too many Scots, Irish and Welsh 'pundits' on the BBC, not only in sports but right across the entire broadcasting spectrum. There are also far too many 'foreigners' commenting on matters English The Scots especially have always talked a good sporting fight. Let them be kept on ice for games involving the Scots and lets have more Englishmen commenting. Last night on 5Live there was a Scots woman interviewing Italian fans in London at 1/2 time. I am not interested in the thoughts of a few Waiters, dossers and 'students' of Italian extraction, I wanted more comments from English people, the people who pay the high price which the BBC demands from its captive audience.
  • edited June 2012
    Come on lads... the one about the Iti player married to the ballet dancer - "shes gone for a 2-2"

Comedy gold
  • I hate the man and his unfunny quips. He ( and Alan Green ) need to be shown the door.
  • I liked the comment about Klinsman smiling and the Germans wanting to play us instead of Italy, Lawro quips in and say its either that or he has wind!