Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

No Lampard - Who will take the pens?

So now Frank Lampard is out of the Euros and with Rooney suspended as well as Gerrard being scared to take a penalty for England at tournaments in non penalty shoot outs....
WHO IS GOING TO TAKE THE PENALTY? (if we get one, without going to shoot out...if we get that far)

Comments

• Options
    Ashley Cole or Ashley Young
  • Options
    Ashley Cole.....after the impressive one he took in Champs League Final.
  • Options
    does it really matter, its not like we ever win on pens anyway...
  • Options
    does it really matter, its not like we ever win on pens anyway...

Read the main quote again....not pen shootouts pen in a game...its the only way i can see us scoring

• Options
    Gerrard
  • Options
    Ashley cole
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    Gerrard definitely will but I think Ashley Cole is probably our best taker. (Good at taking penalties too)
  • Options
    Johnnie Jackson
  • Options
    Ashley Cole a penalty taker lol
  • Options
    Scotty P could be out also.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Ashley Cole for me as well
  • Options
    Ashley cole was the first person that came to my mind. He would defo take one in a shootout aswell.

Maybe Terry could slip up for one :D
  • Options
    Gareth Southgate
  • Options
    They should call up Nicky Bailey just in case we do actually get a penalty..........
  • Options
    It's be Gerrard if fit. Rooney second choice when he comes back in.

That Stewart Downing has been knocking them in this year too, he'll be confident.
  • Options
    It's a pretty feeble looking squad IMO.
  • Options
    Agreed, would be slightly better for Richards, Carrick (though I'm not really a fan, he's just better than Henderson) and Lennon.

Feel a bit sorry for Hodgson, he's not got a lot to work with compared to the talent at the disposal of the likes of Del Bosque or Low.
  • Options
    But that is what Hodgson is best at looking at his record to be fair. Turning average players/teams into something that is greater than the sum of it's parts.
  • Options
    Watch out. I think Pauline will be taking the pens.

• Options
    Ashley Cole took a quality pen in the champs league final, would get my vote
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Gareth Batty
  • Options
    Gareth Batty
    The cricketer?

Do you mean David?
  • Options
    Gareth Batty
    The cricketer?

Do you mean David?
    Hungover... What an idiot!
  • Options
    There's only one man for the job.

• Options
    However, as he's not English, how about:

• Options
    it will be Capt Gerrard.
  • Options
    Joe hart has a good penalty record.

Basically scott Parker, carrying a bit of an injury and stevie G, who hasnt played all season have to play the full 90 in every game. On paper we are now comparable with ireland.