Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

No Lampard - Who will take the pens?

So now Frank Lampard is out of the Euros and with Rooney suspended as well as Gerrard being scared to take a penalty for England at tournaments in non penalty shoot outs....
WHO IS GOING TO TAKE THE PENALTY? (if we get one, without going to shoot out...if we get that far)

Comments

• Ashley Cole or Ashley Young
  • Ashley Cole.....after the impressive one he took in Champs League Final.
  • does it really matter, its not like we ever win on pens anyway...
  • does it really matter, its not like we ever win on pens anyway...

Read the main quote again....not pen shootouts pen in a game...its the only way i can see us scoring

• Gerrard
  • Ashley cole
  • edited May 2012
    Gerrard definitely will but I think Ashley Cole is probably our best taker. (Good at taking penalties too)
  • Johnnie Jackson
  • Ashley Cole a penalty taker lol
  • Scotty P could be out also.
  • Sponsored links:

• Ashley Cole for me as well
  • Ashley cole was the first person that came to my mind. He would defo take one in a shootout aswell.

Maybe Terry could slip up for one :D
  • Gareth Southgate
  • They should call up Nicky Bailey just in case we do actually get a penalty..........
  • It's be Gerrard if fit. Rooney second choice when he comes back in.

That Stewart Downing has been knocking them in this year too, he'll be confident.
  • It's a pretty feeble looking squad IMO.
  • Agreed, would be slightly better for Richards, Carrick (though I'm not really a fan, he's just better than Henderson) and Lennon.

Feel a bit sorry for Hodgson, he's not got a lot to work with compared to the talent at the disposal of the likes of Del Bosque or Low.
  • But that is what Hodgson is best at looking at his record to be fair. Turning average players/teams into something that is greater than the sum of it's parts.
  • Watch out. I think Pauline will be taking the pens.

• Ashley Cole took a quality pen in the champs league final, would get my vote
  • Sponsored links:

• Gareth Batty
  • Gareth Batty
    The cricketer?

Do you mean David?
  • Gareth Batty
    The cricketer?

Do you mean David?
    Hungover... What an idiot!
  • There's only one man for the job.

• However, as he's not English, how about:

• it will be Capt Gerrard.
  • Joe hart has a good penalty record.

Basically scott Parker, carrying a bit of an injury and stevie G, who hasnt played all season have to play the full 90 in every game. On paper we are now comparable with ireland.