Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Comments

• Bloody hell did not see that coming!
  • Right out of the blue this one !
  • That's Wycombe to Colchester then to Norwich .I see a pattern emerging.

Excellant manager ,but I do not like the way he leaves clubs .

I'll also say it before anyone else does , but Norwich would be perfect for Curbs if he is interested.
  • Will be a tough job for anyone coming in as I think they would have struggled a bit this season anyway. Fans expectations will be quite high for the season.
  • edited May 2012
    Norwich have overachieved this season , and he's done a terrific job in not only getting them to the Premiership , but keeping them there, he's clearly ambitious , ( a Champions League winner as a player ) knows that these kind of jobs don't come along to often , will Norwich get relegated next season without him at the helm?

How would we feel if the same happened to us in x amount of years time?
  • Wouldn't mind a few quid on him popping up at Aston Villa
  • And Holt with a transfer request, doesn't look too good for them right now. Fancy Houghton for this one.
  • Is it that surprising? It was pretty much nailed on (in my opinion) when he announced he didn't know if he'd be at Norwich next year after the last game of the season.

I think I said that when Holt handed in a transfer request he'd be following Lambert to Villa. Can see that happening now.
  • He will probably go to Villa but I can't see the attraction as they seem to be struggling financially. If anything I'd say Norwich were on more of an upward curve.
  • Rhodes and Curbs to Naaaarch then?
  • Sponsored links:

• He will probably go to Villa but I can't see the attraction as they seem to be struggling financially. If anything I'd say Norwich were on more of an upward curve.
    Villa a bigger club with more money to spend on transfers, don't see how he can take Norwich any further especially with a 12 mill transfer budget (talksport).
  • Sky bet have him 10-2 ON for the Villa job.

whats the betting Grant Holt joins him too !
  • opps...............sorry, meant 10-1 ON !!!
  • Villa may have struggled end of last season but they're a huge club in comparison. Lerner will throw more money at it.
  • ha ha ha. What goes around comes around. Didn't think I'd ever say this about Narwich but serves them right. Lambert walking out on Colchester was so Narwich could avoid compensation but Col U stuck to their guns and eventually Narwich had to cough up. This after they had wanted Ray Lewington to do the same thing and walk away from Fulham whilst under contract to avoid compensation. Unlike Lambert, and being a real gent, Ray refused hence Narwich then going for Lambert.
  • Villa may have struggled end of last season but they're a huge club in comparison. Lerner will throw more money at it.
    Not so sure about this tbh....I mean he refused to give O'Neill the funding he figured he'd require.

Lambert is showing himself to be a typical football mercenary so he'll get a pay rise out of it at least.

• just been told to lump your money on Malky MacKay to replace Lambert ;-)
  • Poor way to leave for Lambert, but I guess there's not much else he could have done, Villa are a far bigger club and you can see why he wants to go there.

Not sure who will replace Lambert, I can definitely see them staying with a British coach though.
  • He has probably come the conclusion that he has taken Norwich as far as he can and possibly thinks he can take Villa further.
  • If you wanted to speak to another company about a possible job with an open mind and without having made a decision one way or another and your employer refused, wouldn't you be miffed?

There are lessons here in my view. Wigan allow Martinez to speak both to Villa last season and to Liverpool and he remains in post. Norwich refuse Lambert permission and he resigns.

I realise that Lambert has a history of doing this but perhaps it's because each time he has asked for permission, it was refused.

Just take Norwich for example. Norwich made an approach to Lambert which Colchester were extremely unhappy about and Lambert resigned, Norwich got their way and he has massively paid back their decision to go after him. Villa have come calling and Norwich have chosen to take a different view of that approach than their own approach. If I were Lambert I would see that a massive double standard.

I don't hold any particular candle for Lambert but make these points for the purposes of balance.
  • Sponsored links:

• He shouldn't go like Rodgers shouldn't have gone to Liverpool.
  • If you wanted to speak to another company about a possible job with an open mind and without having made a decision one way or another and your employer refused, wouldn't you be miffed?

There are lessons here in my view. Wigan allow Martinez to speak both to Villa last season and to Liverpool and he remains in post. Norwich refuse Lambert permission and he resigns.

I realise that Lambert has a history of doing this but perhaps it's because each time he has asked for permission, it was refused.

Just take Norwich for example. Norwich made an approach to Lambert which Colchester were extremely unhappy about and Lambert resigned, Norwich got their way and he has massively paid back their decision to go after him. Villa have come calling and Norwich have chosen to take a different view of that approach than their own approach. If I were Lambert I would see that a massive double standard.

I don't hold any particular candle for Lambert but make these points for the purposes of balance.
    Can hear the plaintive cries from Delia ..." Where are you ? Let's be 'avin you ! "

• I can't understand what all the fuss is about with Lambert and Rogers. OK, last season both teams were exceptional, but we're talking about 1 SEASON!
    It seems clubs have gone all "British" crazy. If this craze had been about when Curbs was keeping us in the premiership, especially when we finished 7th, he would be laughing. At that time the premiership was full of foreign managers and it appears to be going back to appointing lower league British managers (which I'm all for of course). The only British manager rivaling Curbs back then was Big Sam!.......
  • Their favourites for relegation next season then. They probably do, infact, need a curbs.
  • Lamberts a wanker
  • The bloke has no loyalty at all, but if he's getting more wedge dont blame him!
  • edited May 2012
    The bloke has no loyalty at all, but if he's getting more wedge dont blame him!
    It has been well documented that there is no loyalty in football BUT seriously, how many of us would turn down a job doing exactly the same thing as we are doing now but for a lot more money??? I would say 99.9% of us would take it!!
  • A career manager. Bettered himself every job change. Any real problem with this ? Not for me.
  • I think the issue people have is there is a compensation structure in place in football at the moment, and he seeks to avoid that, I'm sure to line his own pockets, at the expense of the club he is leaving.
  • He's not seeking to avoid it at all - he knows full well the resignation will be rejected, but that it will force Norwich's hand and get them talking to Aston Villa about compensation.