Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Could be worse, we could be Scotland........

I though the result in Norway was a good start for Roy.

Would not like to be a fan of Scottish football this morning!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18218317

Comments

• Oh dear what a shame never mind.
  • ha brilliant
  • That's cheered me up.
  • I'm sure they would have won if they'd had Jordan Rhodes avaliable to them..........................................not.
  • USA beat us by more than 5 in our history so we haven't much to gloat about on this one.
  • USA beat us by more than 5 in our history so we haven't much to gloat about on this one.
    ???????????????????

So
  • The US are a pretty good team, Scotland aren't, don't see the surprise
  • No surprise. Just pleased.
  • Chill, just passing comment......
  • Sponsored links:

• USA are far higher in the FIFA world rankings than Scotland, so no real surprise in the result.
    When? please enlighten us all!
    Really when was that, I intend to gloat for all I am worth, a hilarious result, to coin an unfashionable phrase, its banter. England win and Scotland lose, a perfect double for me
  • USA are far higher in the FIFA world rankings than Scotland, so no real surprise in the result.
    Not that much higher, only 19 places I think.
    Not that much higher, only 19 places I think.
    Spot on fella. USA are 29th, Scotland are 48th. For some reason I though USA were much higher than that.

• Could be worse, we could be IN Scotland.
  • Up to 1978 I always pulled for all the home teams then Ally McCloud came along and his gloating over us not qualifying for the World Cup and Scotland had changed my allegiences forever so now I am always pleased when Scotland lose!
  • I'm still waiting for @StrikerFirmani to let us know when USA scord five against us.
  • USA are a fairly good side nowadays and Scotland aren't so no real surprise there!
  • I stand corrected it was only 1-0. Non the less USA are a better team now than when they beat us.
  • Sponsored links:

• Are you talking about the game in 1950 ?
  • The England/Scotland 'rivalry' is really one-sided. The Scots like to make a big deal of it but most English people couldn't give a toss. Much like our 'rivalry' with Germany. A big deal for us but meaningless to them.
  • The England/Scotland 'rivalry' is really one-sided. The Scots like to make a big deal of it but most English people couldn't give a toss. Much like our 'rivalry' with Germany. A big deal for us but meaningless to them.
    You mean a bit like us and Palace?

Is this supposed to be ironic ? I only say that since you say the English "couldn't give a toss" about Scotland on a thread populated mainly be English people gloating about Scotland's football team losing a match !
    Is this supposed to be ironic ? I only say that since you say the English "couldn't give a toss" about Scotland on a thread populated mainly be English people gloating about Scotland's football team losing a match !
    No, hence my use of the phrase "most English people".

No, hence my use of the phrase "most English people".

Right, of course. Might not be the same as Germany (or even Argentina) but I'd imagine most do give a toss, as this thread evidences. Doubt there's much history of a thread being started on Charlton life to gloat when Botswana or Laos have lost a friendly match.
    Mostly because they get to play a lot of teams in the Caribbean - or put it this way a modern advanced nation with 300 million people vs a third world nation with less than 1% of the population. No surprise that they are high in the Fifa rankings.

• I give a toss.

when I was a kid always wanted Wales,Scotland,Northern Ireland and Ireland to do well in the tournies, until I was about 16/17 and realised they really disliked us.
  • I give a toss.

when I was a kid always wanted Wales,Scotland,Northern Ireland and Ireland to do well in the tournies, until I was about 16/17 and realised they really disliked us.
    Took me longer - I got a job in Wales in my early 30s and was standing in a pub with colleagues, if not friends, and they were open about supporting whoever played against England (can't remember who we were playing at the time). That changed my attitude to the home nations. Well, that and having things thrown at me for being English in a Welsh bar.