Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Grant Holt put in transfer request at Norwich

Surprising one.

Discuss

Comments

• Following Lambert to wherever he's off to I should think.
  • Sign him.
  • He wants a transfer to the England squad??
  • poor from him. Norwich have got him where he is today. Hope he moves to a bigger club and flunks
  • Tapped up? maybe, be interesting to see where he goes, would not surprise me to see him at Tottenham.
  • Could be argued that he's helped to get Norwich where they are today.

31 years old, last chance to get a decent payday at another club. Makes sense to me.
  • poor from him. Norwich have got him where he is today. Hope he moves to a bigger club and flunks
    How dare he want to move to a bigger club for more money.
  • Norwich reject transfer request.
  • Norwich reject transfer request.
    good
  • NugNug
    edited May 2012
    Could be argued that he's helped to get Norwich where they are today.

31 years old, last chance to get a decent payday at another club. Makes sense to me.
    Agree, been a lower league player for majority of his career, can't blame him at all really. Shame Dalglish has gone Liverpool might have put in a £38 million pound bid.

• Sponsored links:

• It's part of the game. The key issue for me is timing. He's done it at the end of a season which I think is fine. Mid season would bring another response.
  • To be fair, he could have been told that he's going to be a benchwarmer next year. Lot of guesswork going on.

What can't be disputed is that he's done a decent turn for them in his time there.
  • Suits everyone - Norwich can sell a player who might leave on a free, and I've no idea how long he had left on his contract, but his value will diminish the longer he stays and the player gets a move to a bigger club.
  • Ordinary player, medium fish in a small pond (England players) - will be sold for next to nothing this time next year.
  • hes got 2 years left on his contract
  • no problem with this, hes getting on, hasnt played in the top 2 divisions for very long and would like a final pay day. Done it at the beginning of the off season so Norwich have bags of time to locate and sign a replacement.
  • A shame that he might leave Norwich on a sour note
  • Who did they buy him from ? and how much?
  • Who did they buy him from ? and how much?
    Shrewsbury Town for £400k according to his wiki page.
  • BFR - whats your profile picture?
  • Sponsored links:

• Dont thinks it's that bad from holt. Seasons finished. Norwich would have plenty of time to replace him. His hit his 30's and has proved he can score in the prem.
  • I suspect that if he were playing for a 'bigger and more fashionable' club than Norwich, after the season he's just had, he'd be on the plane to Ukrania

It looks like The Square & Compass at Worth Matravers in Dorset, which is one of my favourite pubs. But I don't think it is. Close but not close enough.
    It looks like The Square & Compass at Worth Matravers in Dorset, which is one of my favourite pubs. But I don't think it is. Close but not close enough.
    Wow, that couldn't have gone more off-topic qiucker :P

Also, I think it's fair of Holt to want to leave, I reckon he wants a few England caps and reckons he can manage them at a bigger club than Norwich, which i understand. I reckon Everton, apparently Moyes has been at some Norwich games, they thought scouting Pilkington but maybe not ... Norwich mate is in pieces.
  • Shame for Norwich, but I don't think there is any moral compulsion on him to stay. The days of clubs treating players like possessions to be sold or not at the whim of the chairman has gone.
  • fair play to him wanting to end his career on a high, but seriously who would buy him - hes done well but, arsenal would never get someone like him, man utd wouldnt want him, city definitely wouldnt, chelsea have drogba/lukaku coming through and cant see abramovich sanctioning a move for holt, newcastle have two of the best strikers in the league this year, liverpool have caroll and cant see everton wanting to pair him with jelavic, and spurs - well if they want adebayor then can play adebayor with holt, so which club really is he going to move to thatl be a step up from doing well at a club where he is loved?
  • Does seem a bit odd, Norwich are middle table Prem, so how is he gonna go further? Fulham? Everton? Take a punt on West Ham doing something different this season and getting in the top half, IF they win tomorrow?
    Maybe all this England talk has gone to his head.
  • edited May 2012
    It could well be that Holt is not getting what he thinks he's worth at Norwich and has been refused a good raise. He's 30+ and only has a few years left as strikers usually have the shortest career of any pro footballers.
    If he'd been a failure, Norwich would have outed him with no compunction whatsoever. Lambert is definitely not a sentimentalist when it comes to his playing staff. This is the modern way. Good luck to Holt. West Ham, Spurs, Everton, Villa, Swansea; that level of side could well be interested. We will see
  • West Ham, Spurs, Everton, Swansea; that level of side
    Like it
  • He has done very well stepping up to the plate from league one to the Premiership.