Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Michael Owen To Sign ....

On?

Just been released by Man United

Comments

• I hope so we dont want him at The Valley, if ever a sportsman needs to recognise its time to retire its Owen.
  • if Owen would play for our wages I'd take him :)
  • We have no need at all for a professional race horse owner
  • I hope so we dont want him at The Valley, if ever a sportsman needs to recognise its time to retire its Owen.
    Michael Owen will come good :D
    Michael Owen will come good :D
    I am going to have a field day if Sheff Utd win the play off final :-)
  • Owen said he's taking a "holiday", won't be surprised if he goes for a year and returns as a coach or possible a manager somewhere
  • Owen and Heskey up front. That just brings back the memories of England 5 - 1 Germany. Its also our strike force for next season.
  • He's not tall enough for Henry!
  • Sponsored links:

• Just seen him on SSN posing about how 'he doesn't want to go down to the Championshp'.

Although he has had loads of injurires , he's clearly only interested in his horses and he's turned into one greedy tosspot now.
  • Owen and Heskey up front. That just brings back the memories of England 5 - 1 Germany. Its also our strike force for next season.

Wow , we could have Owen and Heskey...... :-0
  • Would give the medical staff a run out.
  • Oh I do like to be beside the seaside, yes i do like to be beside the sea !
  • beggers cant be choosers owen, championship for you son
  • beggers cant be choosers owen, championship for you son
    Reading between the lines he's saying it's the Premiership (and therefore big money/prestigious matches) or I hang my boots up. I suspect he's in that position where he's so wealthy that he doesn't need to play football but will if the right deal and club makes an offer.
  • I don't see what's wrong with Owen saying he wouldn't play in the Championship.

When you put aside his injury problems, he has enough talent to do a job in the Prem, possibly for a mid-table side.

And I very doubt he is in a position where he needs to be a 'beggar'
  • i reckon a year or two in the states before he calls it a day
  • He's a top top player. Comes from a triffic family.

Oh god :-(
  • A bog standard, mid table side like Liverpool will pick him up I would imagine.
  • Sponsored links:

• I could imagine that Owen would only go to Liverpool or (it's a big punt here) that a team in Asia may pay big money for him.
    Otherwise he's got plenty of money and don't forget his horses. He'll probably take a break and come back as a coach
  • How many years ago was it that Owen was finished..........quite a few
  • diminutive so don't see why he doesn't become a jockey on one of his horses.
  • Someone in the Premier League will take him on a pay as you play. Would be worth a risk on that, too - doesn't get fit, you hardly pay him, he does, he's a good player.
  • I can't believe he's still only 32!!!

He seems to have been around forever.
  • It's not so much the playing skill Owen offers, it's the maturity and experience with him for training.
    Also a former England striker is good for shirt sales.
    I wouldn't mind paying a bit more at the gate to see Owen in a Charlton shirt
  • Yeh, but who wants a player who thinks he's too good for the team he's playing with?
  • You lot know nothing. A semi interested/fit Michael Owen is by a long way the finest British born finisher around. I would take him to the euros this summer ahead of anyone other than Rooney
  • lived his career off one goal. Wouldn't be interested.