Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Stewart Downing's Season, on DVD & Blu-Ray now!

Comments

• Excellent.
  • Even missed a penalty against Chelsea. Waste of money, big time

• Another one of Dalglish's epic bargains along with Carroll...............
  • The thing is he's never been known as a goalscorer but he definitely shouldve got more assists being a winger. Didnt help that for most the season Pool didn't have a striker in the box with decent heading ability, apart from Carroll!
  • Waste of money big time indeed, along with the £20m for Jordan Henderson, I think our Dale Stephens is better than him!
  • Waste of money big time indeed, along with the £20m for Jordan Henderson, I think our Dale Stephens is better than him!
    I think Alonso is better than him....................
  • Just shows how inflated English players are!
  • He will still go to the Euros though!!
  • edited May 2012
    Andy Carroll - 35 games 4 goals 2 assists

Jordan Henderson - 37 games 2 goals 1 assist

Including Downing stats thats around 75 million spent. Not good
  • Andy Carroll - 35 games 4 goals 2 assists

And "King" Kenny didn't get manager of the year? What's football coming to?.........................
  • Sponsored links:

• Andy Carroll - 35 games 4 goals 2 assists

Extra 5 million and that how much Cristiano Ronaldo cost Real Madrid!

• if Downing was right footed he wouldn't even be playing in the premiership
  • I don't like Liverpool at the moment mainly due to their stance on the racism issue however I would have preferred it if Carroll, Henderson and Downing had all over achieved as it would have given hope to the England set up. As it is the England team is as devoid of talent as Liverpool unfortunately.

• Henderson was a massive price for average championship player ......when Gerrard and lucas play.. whoever is along side them will always look good ...........hence why Downing and henderson have been found out
  • if Downing was right footed he wouldn't even be playing in the premiership
    totally agree
  • I can't wait for the sequel!!!!!!!!!!
  • edited May 2012
    If he were right footed, he'd be playing for Coventry City right now. At best. I've never, ever liked this guy, and could be a football scout based on me spotting that he's rubbish 5 years before Liverpool made him one of the most expensive Englishmen of all time.

Edit - although I spotted this 5 years ago, I was apparently 10 posts too late to use the "If he were right footed..." line. Dammit.
  • Saw this on Twitter:
    If it's true that Kenny Dalglish has left Liverpool, does that count as an assist for Stewart Downing?
  • Liverpool supporters are outraged at this piss take and will be holding a minutes silence at the first game of the season.
  • Ha ha. Seem to remember some stat from earlier in the year about him being the least effective crosser of a ball in the prem.
  • Sponsored links:

• liverpool are getting what they deserve. treating hodgson like sh1t and getting kenny in who then wastes 10's of millions on crap like downing for example, showing how out of date with football he is. kenny could get the sack and old woy is the england manager, who's laughing now?
  • Saw this on Twitter:
    If it's true that Kenny Dalglish has left Liverpool, does that count as an assist for Stewart Downing?
    Has Dalgleish been sacked then???
  • edited May 2012
    "Kenny Dalglish reacts angrily to reports he is set to leave Liverpool this summer after the campaign ended with a 1-0 defeat at Swansea."

Take that as a no then....................

Great player in his day but from what I see a horrible, bitter old man....................
  • Downing is garbage! He offers nothing, provides nothing and even bottles confrontation in tackling,etc. Can`t stand him, never rated him and mugged off is how Liverpool fans must feel.

The thought of him strutting around in the Euros with all of the other wasters is too much for me. Thank god I won`t be watching it. I will be too busy living a life on the beach in Greece and taking no notice whatsoever of our shamefully shite national football team.

Bring on the summer! lol ;)
  • Downing is garbage! He offers nothing, provides nothing and even bottles confrontation in tackling,etc. Can`t stand him, never rated him and mugged off is how Liverpool fans must feel.

The thought of him strutting around in the Euros with all of the other wasters is too much for me. Thank god I won`t be watching it. I will be too busy living a life on the beach in Greece and taking no notice whatsoever of our shamefully shite national football team.

Downing is garbage! He offers nothing, provides nothing and even bottles confrontation in tackling,etc. Can`t stand him, never rated him and mugged off is how Liverpool fans must feel.

You've had a day on the on the beach & are walking back to your hotel/villa. Passing a bar,you hear live commentary of Engl v France coming from a tele therein.

I bet you go in.
  • Hmmmmm let me think! ;)
  • Tim Howard: 38 games, 1 goal, 1 assist. Better than Downing!
  • i think he is toilet but wasnt he creating all sorts of chances for Bent when he was at Villa.

just shows that strikers can get assists for wingers as much as wingers create goals for strikers.
  • "Kenny Dalglish reacts angrily to reports he is set to leave Liverpool this summer after the campaign ended with a 1-0 defeat at Swansea."

Take that as a no then....................

Great player in his day but from what I see a horrible, bitter old man....................
    exactly how i see him. played great football but as a man he is a disgusting little creature.
  • I cringe every time I see him in an England shirt. Useless player.