Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Jose Semedo

edited May 2012 in General Charlton
Guess who won the SWFC Player of the year...
That's right, Semedo, that's who...
That's two years on the bounce winning over two different clubs...
What do you think?

Comments

• fairplay to him i guess, harbor no ill feelings towards him always put in 100% but glad to see our midfield without him
  • I don't know how. Wouldn't get into our team.
  • I wonder if there was an article on their website and in the programme saying he wanted to stay at SWFC for ever?!
  • fair play to him, he's extremely good at what he does, which fits in to the way wednesday want to play. So well done.
  • Sheffield Wednesday have accumulated a points total that would normally be enough to gain 1st, they deserve a lot of credit and have been very consistent all season. Semedo has clearly been a big part of that and although I have doubts about him in the League above, they may feel the same about Morrison.

Well played to Wednesay and Semedo, we have moved on though and although our midfield needs tweaking for next season, prefer Hollands to Semedo.
  • where have i heard all of that before?
  • edited May 2012
    Well done Jose. How many goals did the maestro score this season ?
  • Was one of our better players last year but thats not saying a lot.

Like him but wouldn't have wanted him ahead of Hollands/Stephens/Pritchard and possbly Hughes.
  • Congrats to him. Played an important part in promotion winning side that, as has been said, won over 90 points in a season.

I think we have better and can add more but that doesn't make him the terrible player some tried to make him out to be. Far from being a disaster he's proved his worth at a big club (yes, Wednesday are a big club).

• Always liked Jose, glad to see him doing well.
  • Sponsored links:

• He won our POTY last year because he had the loudest song.

After the dross we served up last year its not really an award to be proud of.

We are a better team without him.
  • I have no respect for him after his comments. He's a money grabber. But well done Semedo. Glad you're not in our midfield anymore.
  • Won ours last year as the only player with some idea in a largely clueless side. Although I did not vote for him, was not sorry to see him go, and would not have got in the team this year.
  • Blimey if Jose can win their POTY then imagine what someone like Bexley Dan could do up there ;-)

Well done Jose btw.
  • Wouldn't get in our side.
  • Wouldn't get in our side.
    Rubbish. Bexley Dan would get in easily ;0)

• He's still useless you know
  • He's a money grabber.
    I think that's a bit harsh. Virtually all players are more interested in their earnings - just like most of us. He probably, genuinely, wanted to stay with us. Even if we made him more than a cursory offer he was, clearly, offered a lot more somewhere else.

I thought he was a real asset for us, but I also agree that we've not missed him. I just think it's harsh as most of our signings probably only signed for us for the money.

• Good luck to him. One of the few, along with Big Mig coincidentally, who seemed to give a monkeys during the nightmare years so I bear him no grudges and wish him all the best unless playing against us of course!
  • Well done to him.

Isn't it funny how so many football fans say things like "I can forgive lack of ability, as long as they give 100% for the shirt blah blah"......and then all people want to talk about is how he doesn't have much ability all because he is playing somewhere else now.

I'm delighted for him. He was a bit of a cult hero down Charlton and I hope it stays that way.
  • Sponsored links:

• Was our best player in a poor team , I rate him in a team that plays his way

We don't we have moved on

Well done to Jose Loved by both clubs fans he has played for in this country

Now all that needs to happen is you all move on like him
  • Always rated him - shame Powell couldn't see it.
  • He's a money grabber.
    I think that's a bit harsh. Virtually all players are more interested in their earnings - just like most of us. He probably, genuinely, wanted to stay with us. Even if we made him more than a cursory offer he was, clearly, offered a lot more somewhere else.

I thought he was a real asset for us, but I also agree that we've not missed him. I just think it's harsh as most of our signings probably only signed for us for the money.

exactly , i mean did ours really turn down bigger offers of cash to join us ..... perleeeeeease wake up and smell the coffee
  • hard working player, good attitude and good at what he does but glad he left so we could move on.
  • hard working player, good attitude and good at what he does but glad he left so we could move on.

1st time me and you have agreed on jose

• my tune regarding him has never changed
  • true but whilst with us i never wanted him to not play

now he doesnt the midfield works much better but we didnt have the players to do that last time round
  • agreed
  • Semedo is a very good player who left us simply because another team offered more money
    Hollands is a very similar player to Semedo but scores goals.
    I know who I would prefer....
  • shit thread about a player who was the only one apart from those that are still with us that cared last season and people slagging him off are bang out of order.

Got a lot of respect for him, well done son.