Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

NEW ARTICLE: Open Letter to Messrs. Slater, Jiminez and Murray

Comments

• Excellent article AFKA. Absolutely spot on. Don't you just feel we're in good hands now. :-)
  • (Not a criticism):

Mr.P. Varney should have been included.
  • LONG LIVE THE HADDOCK AND CHIP LOVERS!!!
    6933.jpg 141.3K
  • edited May 2012
    Well said AFKA.

Most Addicks fans with a bit of time on our faces (if not on our hands) are well aware of the fickle nature of success in football. Yes it's early days but so far my expectations have been exceeded.

There are many reasons to be cheerful though about the way the club has gone about changing the putrifying stench of decay and defeat to a much sweeter smell.

For me a few things:

1. Signing and sticking with Chris
    2. Landing the majority of players quickly and before the Spanish trip
    3. Signing Yann - just inspired and not on anyone's radar

Whilst I am sure that Yann was Chris' "wild card", The board backed his judgement and landed him.

I am sure that there are many things behind the scenes that I don't see. There is just an togetherness that reminds me of the 1990's.

End of Term Report TJ, MS, RM and PV - AAAA - position in class - top!

We have many new challenges ahead but we've got our Charlton back and I will be adding my signature too!

• Well said AFKA.

Most Addicks fans with a bit of time on our faces (if not on our hands) are well aware of the fickle nature of success in football. Yes it's early days but so far my expectations have been exceeded.

There are many reasons to be cheerful though about the way the club has gone about changing the purifying stench of decay and defeat in to much sweeter smell.

For me a few things:

1. Signing and sticking with Chris
    2. Landing the majority of players quickly and before the Spanish trip
    3. Signing Yann - just inspired and not on anyone's radar

Whilst I am sure that Yann was Chris' "wild card", The board backed his judgement and landed him.

I am sure that there are many things behind the scenes that I don't see. There is just an togetherness that reminds me of the 1990's.

End of Term Report TJ, MS, RM and PV - AAAA - position in class - top!

We have many new challenges ahead but we've got our Charlton back and I will be adding my signature too!

spot on
  • Well done board.
  • Nice read, another thoughtful well put together piece.
  • I don't think the board have put a foot wrong so far. Not sure what the approval rating would be from your average Addick but I am willing to bet it would be well into the 95% range. Doubt many other clubs can say that.
  • What amazes me most about oohaah's post is this:

'Its what they do when things start going proper tits up is when I will start wanking them off'

Are the Mysterons some fantastic striptease show?
  • Great post from AFKA.

As for Oohaah's post, I didn't think it was "vile" or "offensive" - it actually made me laugh. But maybe that's just me.

Lighten up people.
  • Sponsored links:

• No I won't lighten up... there were hundreds of other threads for that freak to make posts like that. What a weirdo and sorry akfa to carry his post on.

• Great post AFKA. It's been a brilliant season, and the board deserve praise for that; well said.
  • Nice article. Just a shame it had to be over shadowed by our wannabe (non) away expert.
  • Well done AFKA,so often the board gets forgotten when the club is successful. Fans are quick to critisise when things go wrong but are not so quick to celebrate success.I for one want to thank the entire club for a fantastic season which has on a personal note seen my grandaughter attend her first game and my son witness his first promotion. Thank you one and all
  • If you think of where we were when they took over and where we are now -not just in terms of league position -you cannot be anything other than grateful. Of course you always need a bit of luck, and Powell turning out to be a bloody genius surely couldn't have been predicted. The way he has brought in so many new players and got them to gel so quickly is one of the most impressive management achievements I can remember - the board deserve massive credit for backing him and allowing it to happen.
  • We can deal with tomorrow....tomorrow. For today relax, kickback and wallow in the positive vibes of a fantastic season. Good post afka.
  • Muttley , your spot on , i can't believe it, how Chris and his staff have got all the players fighting for each other , is a credit to his man management skills, and will hopefully stand him and us in good stead for the future, I couldn't have dreamed we'd be where we are now at the beginning of the season.
  • In defence of Oohah. Negative vibe sure and maybe not for this thread although I'm not convinced about that but he has a point. This is a pretty astute forum filled with on the whole posters with a decent grip on the reality of it all but that doesnt necessarily reflect the support in general. Not too many weeks ago when we were clear at the top we had fans booing BWP and criticising in general. The next few seasons will hold setbacks. Players we like leaving and results not going well. As long as the general motion is seen to be forwards I am happyfor a few steps backwards along the way. Not all of our fellow Addicks be like me and most of you. I see Ooahs point.
  • Well done AFKA,so often the board gets forgotten when the club is successful. Fans are quick to critisise when things go wrong but are not so quick to celebrate success.I for one want to thank the entire club for a fantastic season which has on a personal note seen my grandaughter attend her first game and my son witness his first promotion. Thank you one and all
    It is always easy to run an organization within your head with hindsight and no actual responsibility; it is almost as easy as casting a pall over a celebration by noting that the future is uncertain and that we cannot completely depend on the beneficence of others.

While I think that supporters have no hesitance in celebrating, expressing appreciation for the suits and padded chairs that made the celebrating possible is not as routine. Very much appreciate the post and sentiment AFKA. From far away, this has also been a fantastic season to follow on a personal note. I had severe doubts about this regime and the path embarked on -- even recognizing that there were no other good or possibly even available options -- and to have those fears abate so quickly is remarkable.
  • what exactly has oooah said so offensive?
  • Sponsored links:

• I don't think it was offensive, nolly. Just lacked a bit of perspective, as usual. He seems to imply that everything went right this season by magic. I think most of us think the Board deserve a lot of credit for this season. They got it right. Much more than at Huddersfield, for example. And "clueless" is way over the top to describe Richard Murray. Anyway he apologised later on for his language, so like SHG I think its fair comment, just perhaps not the right place and time.
  • A moment for congratulation and celebration
  • Always enjoy reading your posts AFKA well put and thank you to the board, so looking forward to next season now and a season ticket holder again after 3 years without one (plastic supporter I know) I was there though home and away on bill and wallys coaches at shithurst park in the late 80s, have a good feeling again about the future of our club, thanks again Mr Slater and co COYR!
  • I don't think it was offensive, nolly. Just lacked a bit of perspective, as usual. He seems to imply that everything went right this season by magic. I think most of us think the Board deserve a lot of credit for this season. They got it right. Much more than at Huddersfield, for example. And "clueless" is way over the top to describe Richard Murray. Anyway he apologised later on for his language, so like SHG I think its fair comment, just perhaps not the right place and time.
    Maybe a lesson learned.

• L1 is below our natural level as we have seen by the size of some of the clubs we've visited, but you've still got to do the job on and off the pitch. So far, so good. SCP and the board have done a brilliant job this season, but the tough challenges lie ahead, as the Championship is an incredibly tough division to get right. Play it too cautiously, and we could go down again, or have 5 years of mediocrity with all the life and goodwill fading away. Spend too much (i.e. sh*t or bust) and it could end in tears/administration. Or glory.
  • L1 is below our natural level as we have seen by the size of some of the clubs we've visited, but you've still got to do the job on and off the pitch. So far, so good. SCP and the board have done a brilliant job this season, but the tough challenges lie ahead, as the Championship is an incredibly tough division to get right. Play it too cautiously, and we could go down again, or have 5 years of mediocrity with all the life and goodwill fading away. Spend too much (i.e. sh*t or bust) and it could end in tears/administration. Or glory.
    Death or glory kid. Death or glory ;0)

• @Nolly He mentioned blowjobs
  • Good post AFKA, couldn't have agreed with it more.

Hardly a thread goes by though without some form of sarcasm or negativity.
  • Apologies for not adding my congrats earlier to another great article, AFKA.

Messrs Slater & Jimenez were constantly shaking hands & chatting with fans last night - you could feel the love from both sides - and although Michael declined the offer to speak on the mic, saying it was the players/management night , his presence there was the icing on the cake .

Long may this fantastic relationship continue !
  • Good article AFKA!